Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Usually rocking out - I’d take too relaxed over too trebley if I had to compromise. Even sets like the P8 that don’t hurt my ear with treble (no wincing or volume adjusting) give me fatigue over time just from treble amount on the brain.

Planning to update this afternoon when I get some lesson planning breaks!

2 Likes

Thanks man,hope the fam is getting all ready for turkey day🦃

1 Like

Tripowin Kailua could be pretty for those. Maybe not budget enough…

1 Like

What mod did you do to the Cadenza’s?

1 Like
3 Likes

Grab the Z300 bro or the ew200. Fits the libraries you mentioned and they don’t need mods.

EDIT: In my bias opinion of course :notes:

3 Likes

Never used Neutron Player, although, having read up on it, it sounds like a useful tool. Personally, I use USB Audio Player Pro.

Neutron Player is technically the better player in terms of audio. As UAPP does not always let you use the actuall full power from the dongle you have. For example, with a dongle that can output 1vrms in Neutron, I could only get around 0.3vrms in UAPP.

2 Likes

I don’t use dongles. However, UAPP disables the Android system and plays files in the recorded format e.g. 24/192 and as such provides a superior source. I may take a look at Neutron Player as it sounds intriguing.

1 Like

Currently, I am as happy as a pig in clover, with my OG Olinas-Moondrop Free DSP cable and 24/192 files playing through UAPP. It makes my daily commute infinitely more bearable.

2 Likes

3 Likes

how about Poweramp?

Hey Chris, I’ve got a question for you. If a friend came to you and said they have a similar library to yours and have $12k to buy the best over ear rig (headphones, amp, and DAC) they can to get back into headphones after a decade away, what would your recs be for the gear? I just got asked this question and have some ideas, but wanted to hear your perspective since the friend in question is a fanboy of yours. :rofl:

Edit: Forgot to tag @hawaiibadboy

3 Likes

$5,500

Jot 2

$400

Bifrost 2

$800

Toss the Susvara cable back in box and buy another mini xlr made by a good brand lets say…put aside $1000

Around $7500 and

images (14)

rope the amp and dac together with above.

Ignore anyone who says the Jot 2 doesn’t bring out the best of Sus. It is driving sus to 77dB in high gain with dial on 9am and it goes to 5pm so you have the bulk of the available power as headroom. It is not analytical and it is not over kill

8 Likes

Hello Chris, @hawaiibadboy ,I need a bit of guidance if possible. I’m really looking into buying myself a pair of FatFreq IEM’s but I’m really torn between the Maestro Mini and Scarlet Mini (I can’t really afford the more expensive ones). My library consists in mainly electronic music of all kinds really and some hip-hop from time to time. I do like bass (that’s why I was looking into the FatFreq Maestro lineup) but I’m just thinking Scarlet would be a bit of an overkill as I’m not sure how that amount of bass would affect all the other elements in the upper region given the kind of music I’m listening to. All the rest of my IEM’s are kinda following your target, I even bought the Thieaudio Hype 2 after watching your video and I’m enjoying them. I did watch your videos for both Scarlet Mini and Maestro Mini but given the time passed between the 2 releases what would be your opinion that would go better for me.

4 Likes

Welcome to HFG
I’d rec the Scarlet mini
The Maestro mini has a BA that can get grating as hell after a while and the scarlet is doing a treb similar to the TOTL sets with fewer drivers not at their level but it is a much nicer presentation than MM. BA’s are hit and miss for my ears and the Scarlet is a hit.

The bass only shows itself when in the mix so it plays other genre fairly well.
Example: Never going Back Again guitar (Acoustic) …not your mentioned genre but the Maestro handles that string plucking poorly while Scarlet does it well.
I’d rec Scarlet over Maestro mini :notes:

7 Likes

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the help, bro! :+1::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your reply, I really appreciate it!
My bassiest IEM so far was probably the FIIO x Crin FHE and with that one even though I liked the bass I found that for me the upper region had a weird tonality, not sure why, so I gave them to my partner because he prefers them. That was the reason why I thought I was going to ask you which one you think would be better and I’m glad I did, now I have a reference to go by. Once again thank you very much and looking forward to more videos from you and more of the wisdom that you share with us.

2 Likes

Not a problem, thanks for the trust. Good luck. Enjoy the holiday season :notes: :call_me_hand:

3 Likes