Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

And something special I hope comes - i sit here and I try to think about some kind of gap around this price range and I can’t find one. Maybe someone else can chime in?

We have brightly tuned sets
Bass tuned sets
Neutral tuned sets
EDC worthy sets …

I’m struggling here. But I have my hopes up, I trust Chris has worked on something that’s worth the time and cash. He earned even more of my respect when he pulled Maka after the Cadenza was released so he’s proved him self to me to say the least.

5 Likes

Just noticed Khan graph is up, must’ve showed up in last few days since it wasn’t there when I last looked:

Interesting but not a blind buy for me, I’ll wait for impressions(and I still have the Cadenza on the way to listen to first).

1 Like

We’ve got Moondrop Chu, Tangzu Wan’er and 7Hz Zero which are all similarly neutral-brightish sets. Cadenza is brightish, but with a more balanced bass. QKZ x HBB is a bass-boosted neutral, KBear Rosefinch is a purely V-shape.

Im going to try the CCA FLA and CXS because they both look like diffuse-field styled tuning options. And I want to try SGOR Venus because it is similarly tuned to QKZ x HBB but has a 4-8k boost that might fix that weakness for me.

Then you have Truthear Zero and HBB Khan as Harman-tuned 2DD subwoofer sets.

There is something for everyone these days, sub-$50.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize the Khan’s graph was available- I should of known honestly know that I think about HBB’s praise of the Truthear Zero …

Should be interesting. I’ll wait for some reviews.

The bass reminds me of SoundPEATS FR graphs:

I guess Truthear Zero looks similar too: https://squig.link/

1 Like

Just out of curiosity how does the Cadenza compare to the Kai to you? Similar but with less bass or something like that?

Was the Maka supposed to be the replacement for the Mele? Thinking on the Cadenza and how it seems a bit too different to the Mele since the Maka was pulled because of it.

1 Like

9 Likes

The shell looks similar to Cadenza

:thinking:

4 Likes

Definitely diff. That’s a 1/DD sitting direct behind nozzle. :v:

1 Like

Technically $39 - $5 + $1 = 35 smoking deal no tax and free shipping!

2 Likes

Make sure to comment under my Khan vid because 4 of 5 winners will be owners.
Will refund 4 folks. 1 person is a reg winner
A thanks for the trust.

Comment:
An answer to the question “Who killed the Kennedys?”

Hint. Consider my music library for the answer :notes: :ok_hand:

6 Likes

"I was around when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and faith”

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: Love how you host a lot of giveaways for the community! When’s the video coming out?

2 Likes

when after all, it was you and me

I think @Ohmboy are on the same page here, just unsure if that’s the answer :sweat_smile: :handshake:

5 Likes

Tomorrow I hope. My voice is gonna blow your mind. Covid destroyed me. I can’t talk much so breaking the vid into bits and will splice together later.
The Prestige winner was drew in first 5 min of video so that is done.
@domq422 :lips: Beggars Banquet s a classic yes it is

9 Likes

Totally didn’t realize you had COVID on top of everything else, Chris - damn. I hope you feel better, brother :handshake:

4 Likes

Sympathy For The Devil The Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil - Google Search

Yikes feel better Chris , COVID not fun.

3 Likes

Wishing you speedy recovery bro :pray:

5 Likes