Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

or tuneable bass would have been cool. I think JH audio had something like that on their cables a while back. Now if they could only figure out how to make the whole thing rattle…that would be :fire: :exploding_head:

I think the direct upgrade to Spartacus is the FiR RN6

It is a tuning module which is called the Superstage module which is intended to widen the soundstage. Apparently this IEM comes with three different types of plugin modules which physically interact with the ports at the bottom of the holes on the shells into which they are inserted.

3 Likes

33 Likes

Congratulations on a successful trip around the sun with your boy!

7 Likes

I only had time to A/B a few songs, but they are similar-ish. The Cinno is more vocal forward, and the bass doesn’t have the presence the Explorer gives it. I really noticed the sub-bass more on Explorer, more than the graph would indicate, and I think that makes it sound a bit warmer.

In a case of graphs not telling the whole story. I give you this.

Based on the graph the S08 is another reduced treble set, but if throw it in the mix, it sounds far brighter than the other two. The only region that graphs like more, is 1-3kHz. I am still trying to put my thoughts together on the S08, it just got here Saturday, and I didn’t have much listening time over the weekend.

We have two cats, the older one ( Pumpkin ) needed a home because the woman that had him got busted for too many cats. He was already 9 at the time, and that was a decade ago. He has been family for a long time, and when the grandkids show up, my wife and I get a hug, then they go to pet him, and the younger cat ( who was a rescue as a kitten ).

5 Likes

Hey bro

There ya go…enjoy.

Thank you bro :ok_hand: :heart:

7 Likes

Probably cuz it is a planar and I suspect it has a faster attack/decay than the other 2. (and possibly thinner note-weight.)

2 Likes

what up bros, how’s it been, I’m still in hibernation lol

only back since I want a DAP, R4 is sick but 10 hour battery life is wack

Probs gonna pause my Scarlet Mini and buy an R4 and M300

4 Likes

Isn’t m300 also a dap with weaker output?

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to generate the comparison graphs! The grand Maestro has been on my top 3 prospects, along with the FIR Radon 6 and Canpur CP622B. Due to the size of the shells I might have to make the drive to New Jersey to test them out!

3 Likes

The sequin styling still needs to be learned, but it’s not bad already)

17 Likes

Jezus…that looks pretty dope :boom:

5 Likes

Reminds me of a black opal :sunglasses::+1:

8 Likes

giphy (50)

Place is getting spammed and I never make threads.
I actually can’t
Talked to mods. It is what it is…but fucking crazy to have near 1 million views and be or parole.

soulworker-lily

5 Likes

It’s a weird thing they still don’t understand; I have the same issue on half of the boards and @Ohmboy helped try to figure it out but it’s above his paygrade haha

6 Likes

It is a problem and has been raised before, I’m not ADMIN but have done my best to get it resolved…It is not a personal thing.
I thought it had been dealt with :triumph: I’ll have a word with Z on Saturday if he has time :+1:

9 Likes

Chris can you post in any other section ie off topic? if so post it there and I can move it to the correct one…not a fix I know but doable in the meantime :+1:

4 Likes

I ain’t sure

I’m just grabbing one on sale and since it has good battery life it’s probably gonna be a backup

2 Likes

I think it is the case there is no possibility to generate threads in IEMs/Others Main category at all, but only in IEMs/Others//In-ear Monitors sub directory. At least it is like that for me:

9 Likes