What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Oh got that. I’m considering getting one of these, mostly for the speaker setup. One downside is the mini didn’t get the room correction update.

Please let me know how you like them.
I would have been tempted aswell but unfortunately there was no such deal on german Amazon :smiling_face_with_tear:
Was looking for a super clean set with clarity and details for days

For sure @Rinderkappajoe , will PM you with my take after I’ve had a chance to listen to them for a bit. :+1:

1 Like

Got the Zeus Eris 'phones yesterday. Extremely happy with them so far. My only concern now is longevity as I’m an old spaz and am hard on the headphones. Deep bass without bloat! Finally, from sub-$300 cans.

5 Likes

40fingers in my city, 23.07., Ancient Theatre of Plovdiv :fire::fire::fire::zap::zap::zap:

4 Likes

Thanks for that comparison @John_W_Clark . I get a strong sense of what you mean from your words. In a frenetic prime day buying spree, I picked up the cinno and supermix 4 this morning (SM4 mainly cos I’m curious where I fall on with it as it has divided opinions). And that’s my first foray back into hybrids after a long break from them. It’s been said so many times but it’s worth repeating again the squiggly line really does not express the full story with variation in the quality, type and speed of drivers. And a little tilt here and there can really change the character of a set, which variations in measurements can’t always capture. I’m once again preaching to the choir I know.

I also picked up the Whizzer HE10 and VE ODO dongle for a compadre today, another overlooked set that was brought to my attention by Akros. I’m hoping it might be a mashup of the ea500lm and delci. I liked the Delci a lot but it wasn’t quite a home run to me on that upper end so I can’t bring myself to buying another one. The ODO dongle is said to have some extra oomph which the Whizzer apparently needs. For $5, I’m gonna call it a #winning before it arrives.

2 Likes

quick follow up:

Of my many rough attempt at humour posts, the audio takes make me cringe most, so will just quickly add - SM4 wow, what a quality set, so coherent, didn’t want to take them off. However, musicality in comparison goes to Cinno, which while lacking a little sub-bass heft does add warmth yet maintaining clarity up top. My pref. Sadly, I do detect what I understand as ba timbre and does not compete in the same league against the incredibly coherent and clear stage of SM4. No nozzle flange on the SM4 - very annoying. Overall, the EA500LM bridges the gap of these two sets in tuning character, comfort and tech (LM driver putting in the work) so it’s still my pick over both of them (in stock form). How about that huh?

Some personal takeaways:
Pinna gain in isolation - In a n=1 situation, I’ll take more info but otherwise meh.
In lifting the very low and very upper end, seem to want to artificially achieve a certain speaker like experience but while close (#cope) doesn’t seem to quite get there ever in this form factor. But it’s still great (#cope).

Still have the bgvp dx7 earbud staring back from the cart, but not sure about getting it. Rumour has it, if you say “earbuds” three times in a mirror, the ground opens up and the person is never seen again. Happy Listening.

7 Likes

Holy fucking shit! This set exceeded my damn expectations for a set that is under 99USD. What the hell Letshuoer? I never thought you would be this good of a set and I didn’t freaking know you were cooking hard with the tuning, sounds, technicalities and quality of this IEM. With that said, Letshouer, I apologize for I was not familiar with your game, now I am. My god this hobby man, I love it so much except for the fact that it can get quite expensive and I just recently got the EA1000s few months ago. I gotta take a break but wow, this set is a surprise to me.

9 Likes

Bye bye Sonos Connect (it’s not your fault it’s the total fucking car-crash of a new controller app that forced this) , hello WiiM Pro Plus.

Edit: shoutout to Peter Tyson audio who honoured a price match for £169 :+1:

6 Likes

a sh!7 load of RC aircraft related stuffs. :smiley:

2 Likes

Picked up an A70 Pro and A70 Octo. I think the Octo DAC is very good, but perceptively, still preferring the Bifrost even after spending a full day listening to just the Octo. A70 is pretty awesome, super clean with tons of power. I have not felt it even necessary to come out of low-gain with the Atriums, it’s crazy.
Do believe the Octo to be a very good DAC, just does not align as well to my taste. I will likely return it, if I cannot find a use-case for it. It’s a shame, because it looks and feels very nice stacked with the A70 Pro, which I like a lot.

9 Likes

I’m rocking that exact stack right now, love it!

7 Likes

I noticed Denon Home 150 speaker being sold as customer return.
So now i have two in the office setup. Now they play in stereo mode and oh my.
“Anything worth doing is worth overdoing”

Took a while to get new speaker connected to my WLAN… for some reason it did not want to connect? “Wrong password”
aaaaand after 5 times and triple checking… Information was always correct but no.
So after updates… and more troubleshooting. Finally after locking IP’s for both speakers.
Plus making the locks first with LAN connection…then in WLAN the new speaker finally connected.
These might not be as “network smart” i imagined. There was no similar issue with the first one.

1 Like

Technically only got home to them today, but we’re gonna form The Pirate Twins this weekend:

Impressions to follow with ear time! I won’t be able to do any A/B with Crimson just yet as they’re still with @VIVIDICI_111 but we’ll get that out there at some point!

13 Likes

My Geshelli J3 will be delivered on July 30th. I ordered it on the 11th.

6 Likes

New toys. Nitsch (Schiit) Pietus Maximus and Singxer SU-2 DDC (to “decrapify” the USB output from my gaming PC). Thanks to @WaveTheory for the quick shipping and great prices on these! Been interested in both these units for a while.

11 Likes

After much research to find a perfect match for an upgrade cable with added utility for my AFUL P8, I decided on and got the DUNU DUW02 Pro / DUW 02 Pro Earphone Cable. I wanted something with 4.4 for my future DAC when I start travelling again but also something that fits my current setup with the 3.5 connection. I know the Hulk Mini exists but honestly, with a few minor differences in the termination and subtle differences in style, they are pretty much the same, saving me some $.

Looking forward to pairing them together and enjoying the music! :notes:

7 Likes

Bought a watch winder for my setup to pair with my remote organizer.

15 Likes

7Hz Five, I wanted to compare it with my Dyna Quattro and see where this set stands.

4 Likes

First impressions on my J3 Pro.
It arrived yesterday & I immediately put it in the system. I immediately noticed a vastly increased since of 3D imaging & soundstage through the RCA output which have the Burson V7 Vivid opamp. I also noticed that this seemed much louder than it should be. I also noticed that the low end sounds far more dynamically elevated. Note I’m watching movies I’ve seen many many times as test material. Note that the Xduoo MT603 & Orchard line level converter were in the chain. I know that the MT603 adds some magic via it’s 12AU7, but I haven’t noticed that at this high of a level before with my J2/AKM. Then why is it so frigging much louder? I was using my J2/AKM on medium gain just prior to this. Is the J3 default set to high gain? I don’t see a way to lower it, but I don’t need to really. It sounds clean & clear. Now it gets a bit more unexpected. I switched to the J3’s XLR output straight into my SA-1. Am i imagining things? Now it’s not nearly as loud, like my J2 on medium gain. On the XLR output I chose Burson V7 Classic opamps. Now the difference in sound is not as drastic to me as with my J2/AKM compared to the J3’s RCA output which has the V7 Vivid opamp. The increased bass presentation is still noticeable however. The bass is all there, & I mean in a good way. I think it’s how it’s supposed to be actually. I just don’t think my J2 has this much bass slam & definition. I’ve not yet done a side by side comparison. I’ve not yet listened to any music. I’ll try to at a later date.
(Edit) As of August 2nd I’ve just realized that the Xduoo MT603 has a substantial amount of gain in it. I have no way to measure it, but I’m going to guess 10db of gain at least. That would explain the volume discrepancy between the J3’s RCA output & XLR output. I’ve got the MT603 on the J3’s RCA output. The MT603 passes signal even if it is turned off. With sound level already set on my primary preamp, I then noticed the MT603 wasn’t even on. I paused the movie & turned it on. I returned to my chair. When i hit play it was at least 10db louder.
(EDIT) As of August 8th 2024: I seem to have found another oddity. I was using the Orchard Audio RCA to XLR converter with my J3’s RCA output. To my ear, it is something between 10 to 15db louder from it’s XLR output than the J3’s own XLR output directly into my preamp using the same XLR cable with the preamp volume set exactly the same for both, playing the same exact audio. I’m now considering getting a 2nd J3 with the opamps visa versa for direct comparison. Crazy. On another note, given just a few minutes to listen, the first impressions in the difference in sound between the Burson V7 Classic & Burson V7 Vivid are kind of subtle to my ear. Both translate detail very well, like digital reverb trails, or natural room ambience, percussive attack, in the audio. I think the V7 Classic has a more forgiving quality. It’s just a bit smoother sounding than the V7 Vivid, which is rather clean sounding & it is going to translate poor sounding audio as exactly that, in regards to sibilance or clipping that’s in the recording itself. The V7 Classic will be a bit more forgiving on that. Both sound fantastic with my Singxer SA-1 & my Topping A70 Pro, where cheaper DACs, including my J2/AKM & Topping E50 were a lot more harsh sounding with some audio, especially playing into the Topping A70 Pro.

6 Likes