What did you buy today? (Part 2)

8 Likes

Nice. I am looking forward to your listening impressions for the CK-D41.

1 Like

Late to the party, but I just got the Hidisz MP145, it replaces my S12 pro for good.

I was hesitant about the fit of these iems, but they are perfect for me.

7 Likes

Got my Vali 3 in today. :grin:

Powering my Atrium Open at the moment.

9 Likes

What I don’t understand is the specs say something like 1 watt at 32ohms from the 1/4". How can that drive Tungsten headphones properly?

Mmmm gooooood

6 Likes

New EDC and to take up to CanJam London…my DX312 batteries are whacked, will be getting them replaced soon but until then it’ll stay onboard the barge, the R4 will be taking up the music streaming slack until the batteries are swopped out…

16 Likes

8 Likes

I really don’t use DAPs very often but there is something about the R4 that keeps telling me to buy it.

2 Likes

Yeah, man. Enjoy that.

I was looking for something on the cheap that was good for an EDC and that I wouldn’t be too bummed about if I lost them or they somehow broke. I was also looking to fill that missing treble/air extension void that my more laid back Galileo’s had, on the cheap. Honestly, for this price…I am impressed.

I have them paired with a Tripowin Zoe cable that I had laying around and also capped them with my current champs, the Dunu S&S ear tips. Great combo there (to my ears) and it is also happy as a clam on my Schiit Vali 3 tube headphone amp at the moment. With ~25 hours on them so far, they sound great!

Is it endgame? No. But…for the $15 that I paid for them, it is currently getting more air time than my HD 400 Pro’s and Galileo’s if that helps to convey my enjoyment. A steal if you ask me! :notes:

6 Likes

These are very pretty. Love the bl-03s. Never tried the bl-05s. For $50, I felt “why not?” Very good deal. They have a nice sound.

5 Likes

I’m excited for this unit. I’ll be using it in double duties as HP amp and home sound system DAC in conjunction with WiiM Pro.

8 Likes

![1000004171|666x500]

(upload://32pZw34nOyFTDapEYWKqCA6KPb2.jpeg)

My Wiim Pro came in today. It took a moment to get the settings figured out to get 24bit 192khz audio, but since getting that accomplished I’ve been listening to music for 3 hours straight. I must say that the UHD sound quality is everything I was hoping it would be. Just using my Topping E50 right now. It’ll be some weeks before my Geshelli J3 gets here. On another note I’m using the cheap RCA cable that the Wiim Pro comes with as a Coaxial digital cable from the Wiim to the E50. I can’t imagine it sounding any better with a more expensive cable as good as this sounds. I could be surprised I guess.
I’m using wifi to the Wiim. It’s had 3 or 4 drop outs now. However thats no worse than a spec of dirt in a vinyl record groove really.

4 Likes

Generally, I listen to headphones when at home but on the go I use an iPhone paired with a Qudelix 5K and in-ears, albeit mainly for when traveling but there have been occasions when I’ve thought that it be nice if the functions of phone and music source were separate devices. So, I picked this up as an introduction to DAP life to see if it suits me.

I like the Black on Black

Along with the DAP I picked up a set of the DUNU DaVinci based on some things a friend of mine who I’ve known from the beginning of my time here on HFGF. I’ll leave him anonymous but here’s what he said that caught my attention.

“These things are fantastic. If you are looking for an IEM with amazing bass quantity and quality, great bass texture, great vocals and mids, and politely tuned treble…these are for you.
They are really really good for the price point if the tuning is what you are looking for.”

It’s no secret I like me some good bass and I gravitate to a warmer lush tonal signature so it was like dangling a carrot in front of me – so I got a set to try for myself.

My camera is not doing the face plates any justice, but even so I may not have got the best looking set. However, from my perspective I can’t see them when I’m listening so I’m OK with them.

11 Likes

The Amazon/HiFiGo sale bit me today…in a good way. I ended up returning the 7Hz Salnotes Zero’s that I recently got since one of them had a broken filter. While looking for a replacement I realized that today was the sale and since I never really had a good mid-tier IEM set, I decided to go that route instead. Going through my saved list of IEM’s that I want, watching and reading more reviews, I ended up settling on the AFUL Performer 8.

This was actually on my wish list a while back but for some reason I removed it, probably favoring more hyped IEM’s which were less expensive at the time. Coming in at just under $300 with all the discounts applied (and 0% for 12 months on my Amazon card), I thought it too good of a deal to pass up. So looking forward to having a listen…they get here Friday, which also happens to be my day off! :raised_hands: :notes:

11 Likes

When used with an external dac, isn’t the wiim mini a better buy?

I want to run my Wiim on a hard line. I think the mini is wifi only.

Oh got that. I’m considering getting one of these, mostly for the speaker setup. One downside is the mini didn’t get the room correction update.

Please let me know how you like them.
I would have been tempted aswell but unfortunately there was no such deal on german Amazon :smiling_face_with_tear:
Was looking for a super clean set with clarity and details for days