Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Insane bass :sunglasses:

1 Like

what is this and where do I get it because google finds nothing with that name other than Hindu mythology
treble resonance/cancellation(measurement artifact or real?) looks a bit rough, but that bass tho…

It’s a handmade prototype by a a cool dude in HBBs discord.

He’s trying to do a thing, and if we’re lucky, he might get some Daddy Warbucks funding!

6 Likes

oooh well I wish him luck because this kinda tuning is way too rare

1 Like

As for the tuning, you need some treble boost somewhere to get any kind of resolution through that much bass. And 8k is the best place for that to come through on a tuning like that.

I doubt it would be bad for the tuning. Case in point:

Yo, @VIVIDICI_111 Diva-esque tuning but 2DD!?! :astonished::face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smirk:

Coming for that neck, Lee!

3 Likes

He actually did really well. Not gonna bullshit…I wasn’t sure cuz he went through 100’s of prtotype shells and designs and redo’s and re configs and and was watching it all unfold on Discord.
The i heard it and it hit me.

That’s what R&D looks like from scratch. 3D render to working unit.
Fucking nice.
We knew him before he got known. He will be known.

16 Likes

:open_mouth: That looks very interesting. Would be down to review it and possibly buy it. You know how much he’s planning to sell it for?

@GooberBM A Diva with more bass eh? Some feedback, I hope he can tame that treble on the other configs for higher volumes though.

2 Likes

12 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Noice :notes: :call_me_hand:
I had no idea what you were trying to say…gotta check the quote function to improve my user experience :melting_face:

7 Likes

sir greetings. I have been one of your earliest Youtube subscribers. It was your videos that had introduced me to the world of iems. The first iems that i ventured were ENTIRELY based upon your reviews. they were the moondrop Kanas Pro and Campfire Comet. TIll date no single DD from moondrop has ever closed the gap with your recommendations.
And about the graph, it is a testimony to your uncanny perceptions (nearly always right i might say) on the audiophile products. In your post on Project red you commented that you think it will be close to moondrop variations. AFAIK through my crawling on you tube and audio forums , you stand as the ONLY person to have likened the similarities. I squiggled the original Zero with MD variations and equalized to check. And OMG the graphs speak for themselves and especially your take on iems.
hats off to you.
I am a proud owner of Olina SE and Mele.
with best regards.

10 Likes

Thanks for the trust and feedback. Kanas Pro…that goes way back :sweat_smile: :v:

1 Like

Kiwi Ears Quintet

• PZT bone conductor
  • Kiwi Ears Micro Planar
  • Custom Dual BA
  • 10mm DLC dynamic

I guess we will know soon which does what l :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

most likely PZT is doing similar to BQEYZ and explains why UM MEST always sounded different from graph in the ear gain or 2-4Khz range . It should graph but it defitely doesnt sound as subdued as graph shows ( MEST series)

5 Likes

so it’s not a usual planar but suspiciously balanced-armature-looking micro planar? and it’s done in house? hmmm
Did anything else before use a transducer like this? smallest planar I could find with a quick google is the 6.5mm See Audio one but that’s still just a normal flat driver.

2 Likes

HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2

5 Likes

That also looks suspiciously like a BA.

5 Likes

From the outside sure. We don’t know the insides. A BA doesn’t contain diaphragms it works with metal or alloy rods. Or rather it doesn’t contain a diaphragm attached to a voice coil.
I don’t think Huawei is lying until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

1600x_600x600

Same as Acoustune’s sister company’s planar and also used by A&K now in budget Chifi gear :+1:

5 Likes