Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Paul droppin some sage advice.
Spare folks with the it compares with items way out of it’s price range

Promise good…and deliver fucking aaaaawesome
Reviewers don’t have to deal with ridiculous hype
customers not sad with good cuz the were promised OMFG!!! it is $1000 for $100
And yeah…sales will be better and since this is about profit for the companies…yeah

1 Like
10 Likes

Wait, what! No KZ x HBB PR2 in that list???
Those things kick ass.

4 Likes

There was a silent revision that is not approved by HBB. So it’s hard to say PR2 is great if you didn’t get the V1

9 Likes

Pretty much.
If they had not messed with it i probably woulda put it on the list. It is (was :melting_face:) dope for it’s price

8 Likes

I totally missed that they messed up the PR2. What the hell did KZ do to it?

I was just coming here to say that I was listening to my PR2 this evening, and it deserved a spot on that under $50 list. In my YT comment, I mentioned the QKZxHBB ( a personal favorite ), and the Z300. The sad reality is that means the Hola is probably already out of my top 5 budget sets.

So this got me to crack open the IEM drawer in my desk, and Chris I own a lot of your gear. Mele ( 2 pairs ), Olina, Olina SE, Kai, QKZxHBB, and the PR2.

6 Likes

Thanks for the trust bro :notes: :v:
There was a move to redo the dampening without going over it with me and re measuring and confirm it was a 1:1 move.
Turned out the sets sold after first 6000 units have more treble like the Pr1 now as a result.
Ty the rep…is cool but his orders come from above. He’s not the owner as some speculate. His bosses kinda shot that set in the foot while it was being raved about (V1) :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

That sucks, maybe even more so, given that this wasn’t your first rodeo with KZ.

The PR2 I have is pretty dope, and if they hadn’t messed with it, it would have been my goto recommendation for budget sets. I guess I will be a QKZxHBB guy again, at least until I hear the EW200.

2 Likes

First listen for the EW200, SIMGOT you animals stop under-pricing your stuff.
Channel Matching again exelempary!

12 Likes

9DB7

Crazy company.
They made garbage for F**king yeeeears and suddenly woke up.

7 Likes

Like a Rollercoaster for other brands theese days too ,hope Simgot stays true they keep the ball rolling and move up on a well tuned Hydrid and beyond.

I liked your comments on driver quality. Totally agree.

3 Likes

That’s total insanity FFS.
Why bother getting you to tune it if they then go and fuck it up?
I was about to rec it to a mate but I can’t/won’t now.
Jeez what an arsehole of a company.
Well that’s KZ permanently off my buy list cos you can’t trust that what you buy is the same as what was reviewed.

4 Likes

oh hey that’s the first simgot that looks like it has enough bass for me nice

4 Likes

Holy Shit, didn’t know that. And I just bought one from Linsoul in the Summer Sale. I shall see when it gets here but by the graphs from the PR1 that will me too much treble for me.

That really makes me question how much the community has influence over these companies. Things like that should make us stop buying completely from them. I was kind on these and just made an exception because of the trust I have in you Chris.

Now it seems KZ is back in the list of companies to avoid.

5 Likes

You can apparently mostly fix the treble with an impedance adapter(how they managed a planar without flat impedance I don’t know) so if you have one laying around or a higher impedance source this might be the solution. I think this is why some people are saying they don’t hear the issue with the version with no mesh, because even 10ohm mostly fixes the treble, and plenty of older sources will be that high:

5 Likes

Trying to choose between dunu Zen and IKKO OH5 ASGARD any opinions which is the best buy the deals I’m looking at they are the same price. I already have the FiiO FD7 amongst my large DD collection

Dunu Zen. Better tuning of a better driver (DD). In my opinion w/ my library

4 Likes

KZ has been doing stealth revisions for YEARS now.

From as far back as the ZS6 (afaik).

And they did it recently with the CRA as well.

3 Likes

It’s like that’s their whole play. Take a set that is selling well and make it cheaper to produce. Most companies do this but it looks like KZ just doesn’t care if the change is an audible one

1 Like

As we have nearly the exact same library I’ve bought the Zen Pro your recommendations are always spot on for me. Cheers for replying :metal:

3 Likes