Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

the biggest thing holding me back is I have yet to experience a set with ESTs that I really liked over a good DD+BA set

2 Likes

The only EST set I’ve fully enjoyed and one I can’t let go of is the UP.

6 Likes

That makes sense honestly. The mid bass on the UP is sick. So snappy and fast while also being slammin

2 Likes

Only EST I’ve fully “gotten it” with is Sound Rhyme DTE500 and I had no problem giving them up.

Penon Serial is a fantastic IEM that just never QUITE clicked with me, for some reason but a 3DD with either bio-diaphragm or (Beryllium coated if possible) titanium bass, LCP or CNT mids, and (titanium coated) DLC treble would slay me.

1 Like

Did someone say Slammin?

2 Likes

Unrelated note: DUNU Vulkan = SO FREAKING GOOD!!! If you want DD bass, this is better than the SA6 line. If you want the technicalities, yes SA6 is better, don’t worry. I’m not talking out of my ass (completely).

:laughing::smiling_face:

3 Likes

The overall tuning of the up is up my alley. True it suffers in staging, vocals and extension. Damn though the bass midbass just pulls me in. I’ve yet to personally hear another hybrid/tribrid IEM with midbass so unique. Mostly due to what you said. Wish I knew if more releases with beryllium coated DDs for bass. Overall I can an understand though the feel most reviewers have for it. Damn it though I LOVE IT!!

3 Likes

The bass impressed the hell out of me when I listened to them a few months back. The only other IEM I’ve ever heard with a similarly unique mid bass is the VE EXTs. It’s in a similar vein, super duper snappy and fast but Jesus Christ is it powerful. That price tag tho…

2 Likes

With you on the UP still my favorite set.

2 Likes

@VIVIDICI_111

Did Elysian ever take care of you without charging you?

BASS and V does both I like this V shaped BA set so far its a wicked take for a 6 BA set!

U12t is still king for BA bass for me for all the sets my ears have tried.

TURBO is tuned well.

3 Likes

Oh yes, the purchase page is available again, the Monarch MKIII !!!

1 Like

Nah, I ended up selling it to my friend for a discount and let him deal with the headache. Interestingly enough he sent the Diva back a month ago but it’s stuck “verifying address”, and he most likely won’t be able to get a new unit until otherwise :man_facepalming: And if it gets lost on the way then RIP.

5 Likes

I just pulled DIVA off my rankings.
I don’t wanna lead folks into that stuff.

source

16 Likes

Right decision! You can’t have such an ultra-bullshit QC at this price. It would be good if other presenters do this too! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That is INSANE!!! Damn, dude. I can’t even imagine dropping that much coin, finding a problem, and then having someone treat you like you’re part of the problem.

I’ll stick to my lane for now and leave the big spends to you ballers lol

5 Likes

its not only the cannel matching issues, imagine gluing your newly bought 1600$ iem the moment you take it out of the box.

3 Likes

Damn, bravo Chris. It’s needs to be known that the QC just isn’t reflecting the price at all.

4 Likes

Probably needs to be addressed in a video too though (if I didn’t miss when it was already). I know I don’t check your rankings to see it got pulled

1 Like

I suggest we all forget this stupid IEM and look forward to the vast diversity of the ChiFI market :smiley:

2 Likes