Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Yeah I agree. It needs to be addressed to a much larger audience imo. Either putting the info up on HeadFi or YouTube is the way to go.

Edit; what the hell was I thinking… HeadFi :sweat_smile:

Head-Fi…

giggles

6 Likes

I’d have to know how big a prob it is before doing that (personally).
I have seen enough around me to pull it off my ranking list and not rec if asked.

4 Likes

For sure, your name and rep is obviously a lot larger than the average person in this community so when I said that, I didn’t think about being in your shoes.

Still - respect for pulling the set off your rankings

3 Likes

For clarification purposes, would it perhaps be an idea to have a colored border around the “great with, O.K. with, not great”? Perhaps green, orange and red as well as around the album covers?
It can be confusing as from your explanation, Big Boi sounded great, but the album cover slides over into the OK category.

Still love the videos and the border is great!

4 Likes

I’m hoping things change and QC is managed better as well as communication.
I have no special relationship and paid full price for my Elysian stuff.
I’m not holding back, (remove from list) but not gonna shoot from hip. He won’t get any rec’s for Diva from me and …pretty sure Jay…and a few others. Drip drip drip…that stuff builds up all by itself.
If asked for a rec that includes the Diva I’ll be upfront about why i don’t rec.

6 Likes

Yeah…I noticed that today too. I should remove the ratings that are N/A to give more room.
Big Boi sounds great

3 Likes

That would work! I figured as much, when you referenced the Top/UP’s bass, but thanks for clarifying! I might just save up for my first Thie

2 Likes

I honestly expect nothing less from you, Chris. Over the last few years, you’ve earned my respect with how you maneuver within the community. You’ve been doing it long enough to be confident and sure and I respect the hell out of that.

It’s a god damn shame this happened with Jay, the Diva and the Annihilator were my two dream end game sets and that’s kind of ruined now. The dream is dead, but it’s all good. The hobby moves quickly and there will be others. Thie still putting out hitters as they’ve proved with the Prestige LTD & Mon MKIII

6 Likes

That’s a great idea Chris, I just pulled it off mine too. It’s a shame because it sounds great :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hi.I would like to leave my honest review of Kailua masterpiece!
guaranteed disappointment priced at 75£(80$)

Pros: -returned to amazon and money refunded
-colour design( only If you collecting Barbie dolls)

Cons: -very poor soundstage
-congested sound
-lack of details and separation
-very intimate presentation
-harsh treble
-metalic timbre
-cable have the same thickness as dental floss
-ugly design and cheap materials used
-no carrying case
-„high quality drivers” and „profesional tuning” not detected

This set was bought from my own hard earned money and I don’t have to thank any company or publish insincere reviews in fear that the next products will not be given to me in exchange for an „HONEST” reviews.
If you looking for a good 2DD set buy Truthear Zero and Truthear Zero Red.You can get both for the same price as Kailua.This set looks,sounds and got a cable like a random 20$ set from AliExpress.
Thank you and have a great day.

1 Like

giphy (37)

Chatgpt or a very positive person on meth is writing the recent Chifi ad campaigns. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Man there were goals in life I’d considered overambitious and I was going to let pass by the wayside, or “leave them for tomorrow” but I guess all I needed is a new IEM from CCA to stop anything holding me back.

7 Likes

twd-locked

Break the chains that bind your life bro…rise up. Let the DUO show you the way :dash:

8 Likes

3 Likes

I’m not on his list of good people. :smiling_face_with_tear:

hey paul

He described intimate and condensed iirc. That seems like a red qc flag if this isn’t pure axe grinding??

9 Likes

I love your lack of Filter, it makes me trust you more. Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

This IEM even has it’s own theme song

1 Like

Man that’s a bummer. Hopefully it gets through. I had a similar experience with my Kinda Lava. Ended up being due to customs fees and who should pay. It’s a debacle that shouldn’t be necessary because from my understanding when customs is marked for repair and no fees should apply.

Nice easy gesture on your behalf and with your influence in the hoppy hopefully has some impact either negative or positive. I agree with others that a video from you would probably even have more impact. Your outreach is way larger than others having issues.

Yeah theres a lot of great sets coming in cheaper. I’m not really someone who analyzes vocals deeply when listening but I have heard many great ones in my opinion. Never had them to A/B to Diva, which was ironically @VIVIDICI_111 as I graphed the imbalance, but I can’t imagine another cheaper doesn’t exist that is better or just as good these days. Only thing Diva had going for it was it was adjustable port but the asking price and headache of QC isn’t worth it.

4 Likes

17 Likes