Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

MKIII has a more realistic top end (treb) than the Xenns.
The Bass sounds better on MKIII…because 2DD face to face iso or my placebo/bias in knowing that?
I dunno? But I like it better on MKIII

7 Likes

my guess is that mk3 pushes more air irl since in demos its not that apparent.
What about those little details in recordings like the left channel double beeps you talk about on wanna be startin sth? Does xenns replay them like the monarch does?

Have not compared yet. Just comparing Prestige LTD and MKIII so far

1 Like

This was an easy call…no?
In 5 years will this place be saturated with companies and minions and fanboys totally hijacking narratives they don’t like
Deleting posts critical of sponsors
Banning folks who agressively call em out
Allow clear conflicts of interest to permeate opinions and have everyone afraid of shaking the gravy cart?
While Joe P Public has no idea how guidd and controlled it all is?
The challenge for HFG is to not Become Head Fi v2
Good luck. Your job is not going to get any easier :notes:

giphy (38)

13 Likes

oh ill wait for the comparison video then if there is any.

1 Like

Yes it was lol

Thanks man but I’ve been here since the beginning and I’ll be here till the end, I don’t suffer fools gladly, I can’t be bought (oh they’ve tried), I’m straight up, fair, polite when needed but don’t try and play me as a few ex forum members can attest to :wink:

At the end of the day I’m only answerable to Zeos so ultimately it’ll be up to him to decide how the future of the forum plays out, but I’ll do my best not to let your possible scenario for this forum to play out :musical_note::peace_symbol:

21 Likes

6 Likes

Thats a honker in there and she a moving lol good stuff. What set is that?

1 Like

6 Likes

I heard these hit real hard! What’s are your initial impressions?

1 Like

sound amazing. They like the powa :notes:

9 Likes
15 Likes

Way out of my price range but that’s the type of tuning I’d like to see more of.
One day it will come down to us peasants :pensive:

4 Likes

While you’re waiting for tech and tuning R&D to make it to cheaper pricing, the 7Hz Legato gets you a long way towards that tuning for a not horrible price

4 Likes

I guess Legato does have the bass rise starting at a little lower frequency, I’ll need to listen to it if I get the chance. But for now I’m good with my QKZ x HBB for the basshead duties(which by the way I recently noticed seems to graph in two distinct ways depending on who measured it, no idea what’s up with that - some graphs make it seem like the bass just barely matches the Z300 which is NOT how my copy sounds, I own both)

2 Likes

Kahn or bust man! Accept no substitutes lol

1 Like

The QKZxHBB is special, and the best explanation is that it still has treble details, while being toasty warm. That is my favorite $20 IEM, period end of story.

I really need to pick up a pair of those. I am never sure I am THAT much of basshead.

Also the more I listen to Kailua, the more confused I am that people aren’t raving about how good these are. They are insanely good for $80. I was listening to some Eagles this evening, and it sounded fantastic.

3 Likes

Takes a good deal of juice that a A105 Walkman would have trouble giving it to get into good volume though?

No, My phone (Sony) can drive it but it can take a ton of power without going “loud” kinda like E07

1 Like

13 Likes