Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Audio performance opinions are not objective outputs.
They are all subjective, all the reviewers and everything they say.

I disagree with Crin all the time. Saying he is a bought and paid guy is quite a reach

His opinion.
My collabs didn’t fare well in his rankings but I don’t give a shit.
Cuz…opinion :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

never said he is paid, he usually ranks more neutral iems higher on his lists even on this newer list he ignores price bias even more compared to his older list . but this one exception of annihilator getting s tier tone with an aggressive v shape tuning just caught my attention and was kinda an irony to his whole list that is very well composed and well thought out.

1 Like

I bought and very quickly sold Anni.
My OP was about a correlation between opinion and being a paid man.

not really, i never agreed with the guy who assumed him being paid by companies like moondrop or linsoul. like he shitted on so many thieaudio or moondrops on his list. not even alysian because he just rated so many older 3 or 4k+ elysians so low and poorly compared to 20$ sets.

I never agreed with Crin. And his library doesn’t match mine either. Crin hates the mid-bass that is part of the music. I think his reviews are ridiculous! It’s just more time in this industry and it has some popularity. HBB collaborations are much better, The Olina SE is still my favorite IEM and the benchmark for IEMs up to $150. :wink:

3 Likes

olina se is is not so midbass heavy tho, its just balanced imo.

1 Like

I didn’t say I like booming midbass, I just like it there. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

yes, slightly gradual glided bass is actually the most accurate to human ears, thats why even crinacle changed that flat pre ief 2023 target himself.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why my favourite sound profile is the IE600, everything is balanced there, but it doesn’t look like that on the FR.

I thought he gave both Olinas a fair rating. I only have the OG, and with the filter mod is excellent for its price.

My point was…I don’t care. I was noting the repeated and very casual suggestions that Crinacle is a bought man and his rankings are bought.

That is flat out calling a dude a whore.
I’m an autistic lunatic and i don’t even say bonkers shit like that. People say they don’t want drama and negativity and just let that unchecked slander go on like it’s anything other than jealousy and negativity.

5 Likes

giphy (45)

Thanks. I think it still holds up good but…my bias is quite strong

2 Likes

100%.
I have never really understood why people want to put down others who are genuinely trying to improve the audio community. I guess it’s a consequence of the age of the keyboard warrior.

Have you noticed it always seems to be the ones that don’t sit in front of a screen or identify themselves that do this the most?

3 Likes

Jealousy.

Insecurity.
The “Broken people” you don’t notice in real life cuz they really are not out there…having a life, are ALL on the internet.

6 Likes

I have the utmost respect for anyone who invests their time to write a review or record a video about something they are passionate about. People easily forget that doing it over and over again is actually very hard work and draining.

We should all remind ourselves to look past the 'free samples" etc and appreciate that more often than not, the products are of less value than the time and effort given by the person doing the review.

8 Likes

I think I’m this hobby it’s as simple as differing opinions and people want to be right in a subjective hobby. Anyone that doesn’t agree with them in bought and sold

5 Likes

I was shocked that DMS accepted the lame excuse from KZ, and sort glad that Crin took a stand. The P2 thing was really annoying, even more so since I couldn’t rec the new one, despite loving the one I bought.

Crin has always been neutral maybe with some sub-bass. I find his preferred tuning a bit boring. The difference of opinion can stem from lots of things, but it could be as simple as we listen to very different music.

Olina SE is probably my favorite under $200. The Kailua is right up there too.

Sorry, I had to laugh. The other day someone being an idiot, bitched about my tone, and I pointed out that if they hadn’t caught on that I was on the spectrum, they might be the problem child in our current conversation.

5 Likes

I had to chime in on this… circling back to try it a long time after my first impressions, and listening to it a little every couple weeks (an important part for me is using cables without an ear guide, with this style of shell shape to get a fit)… it’d be my “You’re absolutely broke, pick an affordable IEM and get out” selection. I really really like it. Very clean, awesome imaging, with the perfect amount of bass/warmth.

4 Likes

Man that’s as funny as fuck…calling out someones credibility while being down with KZ…over the last 12 months KZ are about as credible as Boris Johnson and Trump combined :rofl: :clown_face: :keyboard:er’s

4 Likes

Exactly. If I were to enter the hobby now, I would choose Olina SE and leave, that’s enough without going broke… :wink:

4 Likes