Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Or they are being clever and not being specific so they can use kickstarter to fund the planar set…a company that already has assets…use the sales hook and not be in violation because of non specifics.

I’m…really getting curious about this.
The platform they are on doesn’t even allow such things…for reasons like this

Got an answer…kinda

They had a % plan but crowdfund combined with charity is not allowed so they cancelled their agreement with the conservation group and have no actual agreement but no investors on kickstarter seems to be aware it’s an open ended proposition because elaborating might put the crowdfunding in jeapordy as it violates the rules.

you-need

i hope the conservation folks actually get a really good deal…Ima bomb on this company if they do otherwise

2 Likes

I’m supporting Gojira instead, the real deal when it comes to animal conservation🎵

5 Likes

Will do a full review for Tanchjim ONE DSP

1 Like

Is that all you can change? And…maybe im blind…but did they really not put the filters in order?

1 Like

So far, I’m glad it is in English and works.
I’m going to do a full review for the set. I have not heard anything about this and it is pretty dope.
Works with ios apparently but …with what cable?

Guess i gotta play around more

2 Likes

Please confirm that ASAP, that is a HUGE deal.

1 Like

Will do, gotta charge it up (phone) I killed it playing around w/Tanchjim all day

1 Like

Thanks, and please check if you can turn them into low/high-shelfs or if it is only peak filters. (and if 5 bands are the max.)

Ok, just checked with kr0mka that has it as well. 5 filters are the max, no high/low-shelfs only peaks, gain limit is from -12 to +12, Q limit is from 0.2 - 10, you need to work from the DSP off tuning which is this:

2 Likes

It does custom.
So far just seeing peak filters

2 Likes

If you can, please ask Tanchjim to sell the cable separately. This is a HUGE deal for the audio world, having a cable that can save your own PEQ presets is AMAZING. (just look at the popularity the qudelix 5k has over the Fiio BTR5 and that is because it has PEQ over the other.)

They can then offer it in more options, like mmcx/2pin, different looking wires, hardware, etc…
And if they can work on the software and improve it over time, it is a great long term profit for them.

(I messaged them myself about it, and another guy did the same.)

8 Likes

Thanks for getting this.
I don’t think folks are grasping how fucking huge this is.
This is an edit able save able PEQ/DSP that should work for any set you use. The DSP is in the cable…it can go with any set but you need a zero ref (the set pre adjust) and then add or subtract.

I cannot fucking believe folks were not all over this.
Yeah the cable…or dsp cables of different ability with full PEQ filters and all the shelves and adjusts.
New level has been unlocked

9 Likes

Honestly, Tanchjim is at fault for not even MENTIONING it in their marketing…

Not a single word about you being able to adjust the tuning of the DSP, let alone PEQ (well, its not a full PEQ without shelf filters but close enough)…

2 Likes

Oh and here is the preset I made for it, pls try it and see if its good lol.

2 Likes

Yup, guy on Discord told me last night to find the apk…what?
What?
A peq app?
Had no idea at all…they are really not seeing the potential or are unlocking this in bigger money sets…hey give us a flat board set and 5 presets and full filter adjust over a tribrid and make it so it pairs with a chip inside so folks don’t just buy the cable…sell the type now seperately and see if folks pay for a tribrid or hybrid or whatever with precision customization and presets that mimic the 5 most popular…make a set built for all libraries…so much potential

6 Likes

I’ll give that a try in morning and I’ll measure it too :call_me_hand: :musical_note:

1 Like

Olina SE w dsp

Riku’s dsp on Tanch one

Rikus dsp on Olina SE

8 Likes

Now that I’m relatively settled on my iem of choice (hype 2) at the price range I’m comfortable with (my next step up is either the maestro mini, maestro scarlet or the nightjar singularity which are all significant step ups in price lol), I made a modest upgrade to my desk studio speaker setup by getting a Presonus Eris Sub8. And man, even though it’s not an amazing sub it just shows how far earphones and headphones still need to come to be comparable to speakers lol.

4 Likes