Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Pretty much identical with predicted PEQ on squig.

7 Likes

The One is detachable?!?

YES, 2pin connector.

Can use that dsp cable and peq with other iems.

2 Likes

Needs an internal memory to save the peq so you can use them on other devices without the cable…that would rock the hobby but could make developers lazy…would still need quality drivers etc

internal memory is easy enough, especially if its not storing complex stuff. I do wonder about the quality of the chip and EQ processing as I assume it would be in the cable?

Do you mean a memory inside the iem shell? I do not see that happening.

There is memory in the DSP cable though.

The specs of the amp in it is not that good though.
1.5ohm output impedance
0.75vrms

2 Likes

Now I need an MMCX version for my P1+

1 Like

Can use an adapter otherwise

2 Likes

This is crazy. Someone could eventually do digital crossover stuff like qudelix did with their qx-over dual DD set and enable big tuning shifts with just a button press.

2 Likes

Its coming 4 sure :100:

1 Like
8 Likes

So Cloris replied to me (and another guy) with this.

“Thanks for your suggestions
We will forward it to tanchjim engineer”

Please pester them about it as well so we can hopefully see something happening…

4 Likes

Just a heads up: the connections are bespoke for the ONE DSP. So, if you’re going to connect this cable to a normal 2-pin IEM and want to avoid out-of-phase issues (one side with the wrong polarity), the pinout in the manual will be handy:

7 Likes

622,000 views Noice.

leonardo-dicaprio-laughing

a ha ha lol

8 Likes
6 Likes

:+1:

Rip ios users atm though. Although next year they will be (forced by eu) to use USB-C so should work for them then.

2 Likes

They have an app for ios on the Tanchjim site but via what cable…i dunno? maybe waiting for the usb ios?
I am using with ex1000 with a sony to 2pin adapter…crazy awesome…just crazy

1 Like

Ok, that is strange, I can only find this dongle

with a lightning port, but nothing else from them with it…so the app is useless for ios? Or they want people to use a 3rd party usb-c/3.5mm → lightning adapter?
(I assume that the app is the same app for all their products.)

1 Like

I wonder if it’s possible to put the DSP chip onto a 3.5mm jack, but then again I guess that means that it has the take the signal from the source as a preamp, reconvert it to digital and then convert it out as analog again lol. Probably degrades the signal too much at that point.
I wish the quedelix 5K could store the PEQ settings onto it instead of having to require the app being open. Beause instead of being tethered to a cable I think the best solution would be to be have it be able to store on a small dac/amp dongle that you can plug into anything, make it easier to swap multiple earphones (even having a button to switch between stored PEQ settings) and even have built in bluetooth.

The qudelix does store the PEQ settings on it. You use the app to configure it but you don’t need the app to use it. However idk if PEQ works in USB mode

1 Like