Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Your a troll gets your facts straight.

It was released and a real shit experience from marketing bull shit.
My mistake trying to get rid of it and learned and apologized to the community and moved on. Apparently you haven’t or work for Hidizs.

Hidizs got caught editing other people’s written reviews and reposting trying to change the narrative of poor reviews.

And now thier marketing force is back in full effect.

Why are people defending and throwing shade on thoose who are calling out theese companies?

I went public on the correspondence to bring attention and awareness about companies like this to help the community but it looks like a whole new batch of bots enlisted in thier army.

I also called out SeeAudio/Tangzu on drivergate and will continue to do so and any other company who tries to deflate this great hobby.

13 Likes

I only buy stuff Chris, Crin, Precog or Mark recommend. But Crin hasn’t really reviewed anything in months, Precog is good but rarely gives a budget set a recommendation.
HBB has a lot of cred, I’m saving for that Tribrid and appreciate what you do. Hard to want to buy a set like this when the KZ PR 2 exists. I just don’t see the appeal atm as the market is flooded with a zillion planaars.

4 Likes

Timeless T2 is arround the corner as well.

4 Likes

I am always surprised that there are still audiophile iPhone users in 2023.

True on crin, but I have to assume that Precog is spending too much time either on his day job, or in the gym. No posts on his site since January, and only 5 YT videos newer than a year ago ( that was a review of Moondrop Chu ).

As for Chris, I have two pairs of Kailua, and I just ordered the Tanchjim One dsp.

1 Like

I mean with a Qudelix 5k, it makes a lot of things worthless.

How do you like the Kailua? And why two?

1 Like

screenshot-discord.com-2023.09.12-10_34_59

ezgif.com-gif-maker (9)

3:20 am and someone is trying to get into my FB account.
Discord also.

1 Like

My wife just had the same thing happen to her about 30 minutes ago
IMG_5735

2 Likes

What IEM companies are decent? Reading through this, a lot of them seem less than ideal to give my business to.

That covers it a lot better. Welcome to late-stage capitalism

2 Likes

@John_W_Clark I decided to take the plunge and tried it. Same basic hardware configuration as Olina with the exception that its more flexible because of slightly thinner wire insulation and “feels” cheaper.

At 13 with included case, I don’t think it competes with the likes of the $20 Zonie or the normally $20 (currently 13) xinhs modular https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804288474895.html that is a really nice even at the normal price but it’s infinitely better than the KZ style qdc stock cable that’s everywhere.

1 Like

@GooberBM @ToneDeafMonk

I wont name the YT person except to say he is top notch and a great member of the community

Asked b4 publish if it was a positive vid or not
Posts Hidizs vid gets odd interactions
Gets 300 new subs after vid publish which is way above normal
*Views are of random vids *
happened to other channels but they are not talking about it
It’s a view farm…it’s bots.

I wanna give that guy major props for his honesty.
cheers-narcos

11 Likes

Oof you might want to consider using Yubikey or enable MFA for peace of mind. I had those attempts as well in the middle of the night and it freaked me out a bit.

1 Like

I have that on my PC and have keys for Youtube
Time to lock it all down right now

lock-it-down-warden-mills

4 Likes

I tend to agree that a PEG ( like the 5K, or Peace/APO ) can do a ton.

Kailua is a slightly darker or warmer version of Olina. I always liked the sound of Olina, but it can be a bit too bright after a while.

That is me enjoying it enough to keep a pair at the office. I always have a few pairs I just leave there.

As it relates to Chifi,
Companies that let sellers sell.
In my years in the hobby, I have yet to see a brand that began on a sellers virtual shelf and decided.

hold-holdmybeer

that didn’t do 2 things

Narrow the reviewer pool even moreso than sellers.
    They have more at stake.
    Think about it.
    Sellers can order some or some more or none and hedge bets.
    Companies need to sell all that they manufacture.
    The stakes are higher for companies
    Message control is much much more important for them and what happened in here last night is related to that. Sellers like Shenzen, Linsoul, Hifigo would never engage in lastnight type stuff…not cuz they are special people but because they do not have the absolute vested interest to ever think to do it and they are front face to customers for all the brands they sell. Too much damage…no go.

The sales prices become less…well…enticing.
The 11/11 in the past 3 years has been notably less spectacular than before and perhaps only longtime hardcore fans have noticed?
I definitely have.
Why is that?
Because when companies completely manage their goods they have tighter control of sales prices. They can limit by contract the ability for a seller to even offer a sale OR they can hand select a seller and allow them to offer a sale but not other sellers which sends a majority of sales to that seller who in return may take less of the pie in return for exclusive sales. (company does good for themselves in this scenario)
Obviously this tips the scale towards the companies profits more than an open market where sellers can decide how much less profit they will take. (better price for you is less profit for them). They often since about 2019 forward have less chances to even ponder that. That’s why 11/11 has been more about creative marketing than straight up price cutting (company does good for themselves in this scenario)

If you wanna know how the consumer is winning in any kind of a way it is an accident…an unintended side effect of doing good drivers and good tuning at ultra budget to $50 and less. That was done as a tactic too make you brand aware then pull you up the ladder but something happened…a shit ton of folks said “I’m good…I’m fine right here” and they killed some appeal for $300-$700 (for example) because people simply find the differences to be less than they anticipated…$120 set vs $550 another example.
Remember late Summer 2023 as it was when everyone realized beyond any doubt (if you had any) that bots on Reddit, Viewing farms for YT channels, bot/sleeper accounts on FB/YT/and here are real and will become an ever growing problem in a hobby that already had a ton of issues. The companies wanna squash out all the things that hurt their bottom line. I wrote a post months ago @Ohmboy and said this place is going to start to be basically infiltrated with narrative guiding/messaging. And here we are

8 Likes

True

Here we are looks like HFGF’s gonna be busy…

6 Likes

And it’s on the admin of the forum to police it here better than it was at Head-Fi, but it’s also on the community to better call that out.

It takes a village to stop the trollbots…

10 Likes

^^^ This…Admin really doesn’t police HFGF at all they just host it…it’s the mods that do the housekeeping, without the input from our community it makes our calls on things way harder when it comes down to things Chris has raised…we’re just apart of the community like everyone, we’ve been around the block a few times so our patience is thin when it comes to any type of troll or bot…trust me on this :musical_note::peace_symbol:

12 Likes

Never underestimate the lack of foresight and community understanding from marketing departments

5 Likes

I ok’ed that post…suspicious yes, I have a good memory so if a new members first post starts out looking sketchy and they carry on in that vein or the thread attracts more “bots” then they’re all gone…no stress here it only takes a couple of taps of a keyboard :smiley:

4 Likes