Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Not sure about windows but it saves settings in the Tanchjim app.

1 Like

A Multiverse with better treb and noteweight ( my ears/library)

6 Likes

My father in law’s ancient record player that he inherited from his father. Still 100% functional - amazing. Old school tech for the win. @hawaiibadboy you have a record player right?

Now I need to gift him some LPs :+1:

6 Likes

Where did you find the Tanchjim App ?
I found a .APK bit it’s in Chinese?

1 Like

Go to their website and then scan the QR code in the App Download section.

https://tanchjim.com/en/services/

4 Likes

Yes I do. Vinyl fan over here :heart_on_fire:

6 Likes

Didn’t get any reaction to the Discord fumbling… is there a server you folks use to chat?

Went ahead and measured Moondrop Beautiful World b4 I give it away

3 Likes

When I see girls modeling at Audio shows or these ads

fml-fuck-my-life

You just know they are aiming higher. :call_me_hand:

I think my problem with DSP cables is that you’re married to that USB-C plug. Which is fine I guess if you want to use it on an iem that doesn’t really benefit from amp sources , but I think in the end it’s more limiting than I thought initially.
Would be cool if the DSP section is controlled by like a preamp module in the middle of the cable. Basically something like the schiit Loki?

4 Likes

At the moment that seems (to me) like just another toy that everybody will jump on because it is quite cheap.
If the industry wanted there would be a dsp function in every modern dac/amp already, no matter if desktop, blueetoth or dongle dac/amp!?
We will maybe get there step by step, but they will let you buy every single step until then :grin:

2 Likes

This. Same as Apple phones.
incremental upgrades of varying impact with the next 2 to 3 gens already mapped out with flexibility to adjust to competitions roll outs.

3 Likes

New truthears
looks like a B3/Variations…with gilde and bass a few dB over B3 if that graph is correct (Sure it is)

2 Likes

Auto buy…don;t care how much…is that driver facing the back window in a push/pull config?
Holy shit yes

10 Likes

That just…sounds delightful! Keeping my eyes on this one!

2 Likes

I’ll just go ahead and get a loan for selling my kidney. Still waiting on payment for my appendix so I can pickup Singularity. I’m sure someone will pay enough. Jokes aside can’t wait for your future thoughts on it. Definitely something I’d be interesting in hearing one day.

2 Likes

It’s definitely the spend a ton of money season :sweat_drops:

6 Likes

Thank you, I was curious where to get it, I still hate side-loading apps.

I normally have wavelet on my phone, and peace on my PC, but I am curious to see how the DSP cable works.

1 Like

Will not be putting Night Oblivion in a vid.
That top part of notes AC/DC “Shoot to thrill” is only thing I’m sure about (for a review) already had several days of listening impressions but video is seperate 1 sit down session notes.
I’d go with RSV or Supernova due to the bass presentation. treble is night Oblivions best point even though that isn’t really anything I would glean from a graph.

Cap popped off while trying to buff off scratches but that is on me. I was offered to be taken care of so i chose to try and do myself. i can silicon it back with no prob
Consider how that impacts my opinion. I am sure about AC/DC being soft and lacking snap but beyong that always calculate bias with everyone about everything :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

I appreciate your honesty. Your reviews are always delightful. I find your music lines up pretty close to what I listen to. Precog and Resolve have some “interesting” choices to say the least. XD

I am still team #unnamedtribrid.

I’m planning to let Mark Demo the Butasurr at CanJam, maybe loan if he wants.

5 Likes