Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

My tastes and Marks are wildly different but he is consistent in that way. Being a nice dude is a bonus. He’s fairly predictable and I mean that in a good way. I appreciate the comment. Enjoy SoCal and tell us what is lit so I can drain my wallet. :melting_face:

3 Likes

It’s going to be exciting and my first CanJam. Hopefully, I get to demo a Fat Frequency Mystero, Singularity and a Storm. I have an HE -1 appointment, which should be fun. Cantor from Aful and Nova from Truthear should be there. Lots of Tubes and a bunch of crap.

Mark’s taste and mine may not be perfect, but I respect the honesty and the Hussle. You guys are like the yin and yang of iem testing. It’s pretty much legendary if both Mark and Chris love it.
high five step brothers GIF

5 Likes

RSV still slamming after these years :metal: There’s a reason why I bought it, sold it, regretted my life, and then begged and re-bought it from the same person I sold it from :joy: (also the fact it’s my #1 for vocals)

6 Likes

I gave mine away and bought it again, my 1st set was free so i am a moron…I regreted letting it go too :sweat_drops:

6 Likes

Sweet, try and hear that Softears tribrid if its there…think looks dope hope that driver window is more than decorative

3 Likes

Same bro same. I missed it everyday it was in someone else’s ears… also that new tribrid from Softears look interesting :eyes: Hope the price isn’t too crazy :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

It probably won’t make a whole lotta difference to your finds but out of interest and reference what ear tips did you use? :smiley:

Edit :thinking:

2 Likes

Spinfit CP100 and those sets sound nothing alike.
I’m being really kind. Cost me $600 sounds average, scratched to hell and cap popped off. I’ve made a bad investment.
It happens.

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy I know you’ve said good things about Aful before now, but I wished you’d had a chance to check out and rate the Aful P8. I have it and really love it, but would have loved to have seen your great/good/bad for take on them.

Always love your vids (and Mark’s). Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the trust :man_bowing:
I had the band 8 and was told by an AFUL engineer it was essentially the same as Performer 8.
I liked that set a lot.
I’ll eventually rank the brands sets as they have a 14ba and another set coming out soon.
When Hifigo wants my opinion they know where I’m at, till then it seems the Genesis of Aful into the western market has been a great success which means happy customers.
But yeah, Ima rank em when the have 5 sets in Western market :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That sucked so much.
Improper migration of library = chaos. Now I can use in my vids again. That took weeks of an hour here and an hour there. :sweat_drops: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Graph pretty close to 1.5K and a $5k difference for the EST’s? and no DD on either side :smile:

1 Like

That’s same to 1.5 Khz and will cost $40. Treb looks better. It’s not gonna sound better than a $600 set though.

nick-lang-tcb

5 Likes

Folks be like…

Best be using a DD :smile:

I’d take the gentler 2-5k gain any day though.

Sounds like an apples and oranges for cost/driver quality/ all the things that go beyond FR

1 Like

I just enjoyed watching the scrolling :joy: hardly listened to the video​:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… alot to unpack but I’ll skip it

I’m glad my Top 10 sets are not a buncha same faces.
All ranked with same songs from same list
same parts
Same autism driven process that is repeated almost exactly.
Why are these sets graphing different…yet I love them all?
Which link in the chain is broken to allow such deviations?

EDIT: My GOD…look at that variety of upper mids…how can I possibly like them all so much with a straight face…

8 Likes

Variety is the spice of life! I’d be just as curious to see how #11-20 graph up; the deviation is probably similar.

3 Likes

Yup, same lack of adherance to a dotted line (10-20 above…1-10 below)

giphy (59)

1 Like

Perhaps it speaks to either/or:
Tuning not being that important past a point of fundamentals
-or-
Other intangibles may be more important than we think
-or-
Enjoying music is still (and always will be) the most important part of the equation.

4 Likes