Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

giphy (62)

How many ways can they **** up?
Over under of 3
I’m taking the over

1. Frail build

2. ghetto polish

3. sets without protective booties.

Wait I won already

giphy (63)

2 Likes

:raised_hands:

4 Likes

How on gods earth can a shell fail before a 2 pin disconnects?..do they us Nutella as the bonding agent :man_shrugging:

Yep polished to resemble a well used ice rink :ice_skate::tornado:

And folks moan about Chifi’s QC :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s become a joke to imply low price equall low quality.
my Cayin DAP came covered in shop grease (grey and yellow)
Ee sets are exploding :see_no_evil:

Big money is supposeed to buy a piece of mind (a.k.a hand checked goods)
My Night Oblivion popped a ccap…while I was buffing out deep scratches.
Money buys you…I dunno?

giphy (64)

4 Likes

The only problem I’ve had with IEM so far was with the IE600 - after 2 months of use, the left driver stopped working and they replaced it with a new set of IE600. So far I have had no problems with Chinese IEMs, they all work perfectly. So money doesn’t always buy quality, and Chinese IEMs aren’t always worse. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

@hawaiibadboy I was just chatting with @Rinderkappajoe about the awesomeness of the Kinda Lava.
I had his set in for demo and liked it a lot.
Is there a chance for a new HBB tribrid collab that revives this exact epic sound signature?

I’m waiting.

6 Likes

No, or kinda…

It will be my 1st flagship.1DD 6BA and 4EST . A prior version with BC was a fatty and a no go. Graph is similar to KL when on a squig. 3dB more sub bass but gets into mids clean by 240Hz

12 Likes

Sounds interesting, is the release already somewhere on the horizon or still far away?

1 Like

Hmmm, is this a dig against HBB?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (timestamped)

2 Likes

Me or Crin or both. Crin was negotiating a new set but his ask was too high (he was playing with em iirc?)

Either way,
The point he made was if you make money off the back of and then you criticise it’s bad :thinking:
So you either take the money and stfu or you don’t and say whatever you like.

I never shut the fuck up.
Not to a Linsoul brand, a Hifigo brand, a company I work with or have worked with
They all get same , it has always been that way, it will always be that way.

20 Likes

The upcoming earphones vid is great, pretty excited for all of those. Among the bigger brands I’m only really waiting for Sony’s follow up to Z1R and maybe 64 Audio’s Volur.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m really looking forward to the Subtonic Tempest. Also the 64 set is interesting and sooner.
Nightjar Duality is going to be a banga

3 Likes

@hawaiibadboy when will you pay graph of Timeless 2?
Excited to find out if it’s an improved Timeless or not.
Timeless is a set I sold and regret selling…
Thanks

3 Likes

Do you have any information about the Subtonic Tempest?

1 Like

Just rumors.
Tribrid I think? Again, take that with a grain of salt.
The new Nightjar or a near final version will be at canjam SoCal this weekend but the Tempest is slated for 1st quarter 2024

2 Likes

Seeing the name I’m guessing it’s nightjar’s take on dual DDs like the legato?

1 Like

I’ve been hearing about Tempest for a year now.

Duality from Nightjar could be great. I’m just not sure which final tuning Chang decided for it since he had 2 prototypes.

1 Like

Pretty sure. :laughing:

Me too. The STORM was worth the wait and hope the order to deliver is not quite as long :melting_face:

1 Like

Sweet, for awhile now I’ve been thinking my serious upgrade path from the hype 2 now to my endgame would be Maestro mini (waiting to see what the differences on scarlet is :crossed_fingers:), singularity then Maestro SE but that might change seeing what duality is.

1 Like

I just hope it’s on the warmer/musical side of things and the price tag doesn’t make my wallet cry lol

1 Like