Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

My cheap azz is psych’d to see this Scarlett - maybe I can rebound an OG at the nice price :stuck_out_tongue:

Whats the fit like? Couldn’t get on with the mini due to long nozzle and that ba in the nozzle didn’t play well with me but im still looking for a cost effective bassy unit.

10 Likes

How is the control on the low end? With that much of it I have to wonder if it falls apart under genres with a lot of speed. Asking for the metalheads. Probably not ideal for my genres but I have been curious about this set for awhile.

1 Like

Not sure a set like this is best for Metal heads. The kick tom snare and bassist are going to be prominent.
I only listen to Iron Maiden, Metallica Pantera and the like and i dig it but it’s just a part of my library.

4 Likes

is it safe to say the Scarletts take the crown as #1 iem slam gods?

1 Like

Yes :musical_note:

19 Likes

Yeah, definitely gonna be my next purchase after I’ve paid off some things.
Edit: man I can just imagine how monstrous tracks like these would sound through those.

2 Likes

Nice review, seems like the Scarlett Mini’s are perfect! The hype is even higher now haha

How do they hold up in direct comparison to the Maestro SE? If you have a chance would love to see a spider graph!

Are they harder to drive than the Maestro Mini or the same/similar?

How about that red upgrade cable, is it worth it? I thought the blue upgrade cable for the MSE was pretty nice but the red one doesn’t look like it’s quite up to the same level.

1 Like

Oh wow, seems like it gets close to (or might even enter) top 10 :eyes::eyes::eyes:
Scarlet Mini gang stay winning

2 Likes

Seconding this request. I am trying to pick between these two sets, but it’s so hard to choose between bass and technical details when those are the two most important things.

My two main questions are:

1. How does the technical performance compare? I see that MSE has an 8/10 while SM has 7/10. That makes them seem similar, but how much difference does that point make?

2. Which set is more midbass-focused? Because that’s the important area imo.

The one negative about the MSE was the shape. It started to get uncomfortable for me after 30 min sessions. Which was a dealbreaker. The pentaconn coreir tips did help me in this regard, but ultimately it only slightly delayed the uncomfort.

Where the Mini never felt uncomfortable, and was actually a little on the small side.

It appears the Scarlett Mini’s and the Maestro Mini’s have the same shells.

2 Likes

The design helps it alot, I get the “vib” cuz it is small and contacts a lot of my ear. The design helps it A LOT. Not sure if intentional but…it worked out well

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy Grand Mystero was just amazing. Extremely impressive. It was really wild, the only item that brought out emotion from me. The ranking list was super helpful. Some amazing iems, and everything else at the show. Timmy’s Collab is good. Thanks for your contribution to the hobby you rank more than anyone I know. :heart:

1 Like

23 Likes

Just when you thought it was safe to put your wallet away.

2 Likes

Heard this at CanJam SoCal 2023, not worth the price imho, the U4S probably a better value. Best under $2k for me was the Symphonium Crimson at $1.4k, tried to ask the rep the driver config but he wouldn’t budge, said info will be released after show, I swear there was a dynamic driver in there based on the quality of the bass but if not they have become the best at implementing the best BA bass in the industry imho.

1 Like

Heard this at CanJam SoCal 2023, WOW, the second best part was you can still hear the mids, mind blown!, also the rep was super nice. I mentioned your review and he said that the pre-orders might be filled already because of your rec.

1 Like

Letshouer also has a new planar S15, sounded like an S12 with less treble and less bass.

S15 isn’t better than the s12. Just not good. I wasn’t impressed, but this was an impression not long listening sessions.

1 Like