Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

The s12 is something I needed to EQ to sound right in either case. Sounds great when EQ’d though. Wonder if S15 would be redundant in my case.

Ewwwwwww :nauseated_face:

Did u demo the Crimson?

1 Like

I’m one of the people who immediately preordered after HBB’s review :see_no_evil: Might as well get a free upgrade cable if I’m getting the IEM anyway :triumph:

3 Likes

I did I liked it a lot. Definitely a better meteor. Nice shell.

1 Like

Crimson is 4BA

Yup, that’s why it will actually do my Rock library too. they nailed the treb…not over compensating for bass and not dark either

2 Likes

I’m loving MMK3, such a great all-rounder

6 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Do you think that Yume 2 is similar to Kailua? Or even an upgrade?
I like Kailua sound but the fit is a challenge.
Thanks!

3 Likes

They are actually quite similar and i love Yume II so I’d rec it if Kailua fit is an issue

3 Likes

tumblr_mx6ppfbPAX1qe5ugfo6_r1_250

15 Likes

285 days since birth.
Holy crap kids grow so fast it blows my mind :face_with_spiral_eyes:

27 Likes

8 Likes

They got the label wrong… pretty sure that sets’s fer Chris.

Keen to see if passive radiator was done right this time?

3 Likes

Which label… :no_mouth:

Fermat’s last theorem

Now that’s a weirdly specific name haha.

1 Like

Not MAT’S I think :thinking:

5 Likes

When you got the goods…ya buy the decorations… :melting_face:

4 Likes

Holy crap I totally missed that…

6z6800

6 Likes

This IEM looks really interesting.

Not super experienced but owned blon 03, mele, focus EDM, (EW200 en route). Like to listen to live performances esp zappa, movie soundtracks…

This is a reference track I test against…Inca roads…ahhh!

After messing with EQ (Simple 10 band off my mac) QKZxHBB, I settled on this. The kick drums start to sound like I’m there in a smallish venue near a speaker. I’m expecting a thump in my chest that never comes and makes me want to head out to a real venue.

Yeh, that hump at 4k seems much, but I like that bite outta the guitars. I find there’s a little trade off between vocal and getting bite out of the guitars. Never can find the right balance and adjust volumes depending on track (Is it different on more expensive multi driver sets??)

Just my two cents. Scarlet looks so close to my preferences but I wonder if there’s bite in the guitars and like you say there’s not much info below 30 Hz. Really interesting company and looks to have a great team. What a time to be alive for this stuff. I hope they give you a chance on one of their sets. Cheers

3 Likes

Here we go. Time for Simgot’s Final Exam to see if they’re a real player or just a budget king

3 Likes