Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

2 Likes

thank you sir

1 Like

Compare Heyday planar vs planar to better judge that shelf. Planar vs. DD is apples to oranges

Updated Timeless and Wu swapped bass shelves with the opposite OGs

3 Likes

Not sure I agree with you there. I find Db’s are Db’s not matter where they come from.

Another story is how, in general, different drivers deal with complexity, speed and detail in the low ranges, but there are still good and bad in all camps. I always thought I preferred DD bass until the Helios came along.

But back on subject, they seem to graph with slightly less bass than S12 but still more than Dioko. I am happy with both of those, although I prefer the S12 in general but the Dioko strictly on tuning.

1 Like

I know its Tangzu heat at the moment…but hey QKZ HBB Khan…whats that?

2 Likes
10 Likes

Pre order placed.
Anyone know what the linsoul points are and how to find and use them ?

1 Like

Thanks man. :notes: :heart_on_fire: :pray:They have a Discord where I am 100% sure folks know if nobody here can help

1 Like

Can you say anything about the sense of stage & imaging?

For example, those reasons are we I sold the OG Timeless. I find Hook X to have a very nice expansive stage with much more intelligible imaging performance.

How well does the Heyday perform there?

1 Like

I have to compare. That’s the Hook’s special sauce
Imaging on Heyday is excellent, stage I imagine is not open back like Hook so that may impact that.
I’ll check

3 Likes

Appreciate that man, It will strongly influence my decision wether to buy or not.

Also while you’re at it, the mid range resolution I find is a weaker point on the Hook, I imagine the Heyday is very good in the mids? :face_with_monocle: (300-1kHz thereabouts)

1 Like

Mids are definitely/audibly cleaner on Heyday.
I will sleep and can listen to perceived stage in the morning :v:

6 Likes

I’m really tempted by this one and I’m itching to buy it because the only planar I have is the Tin P1.

But I’m left wondering why all the planars so far have been in a similar 150-200 price-bracket… Or maybe better, what could a $500 Tangzu-tuned planar driver do?
I think I’ll wait for more people to give their opinions, I need to pull back on sidegrades

Also, @hawaiibadboy most planars seem to be relatively power hungry (I know the P1 is virtually impossible to drive properly), how’s this one in terms of power-hunger, considering that getting them loud enough and powering them well enough isn’t the same thing? :slight_smile:

Final game is the World Cup so not watching the video yet, cheeky question that’s probably answered in it - how is slam/physicality and other mimicry of dd qualities?

2 Likes

Higher price doesnt mean a higher priced driver. Drivers are all pretty damn cheap. Planars nowadays are all sub 100 usd.

2 Likes

I have to say, the Heyday is sexy af. If I didn’t mind planar timbre, I would’ve gotten this in a heartbeat!

Can we get a side or underside shot of the Heyday shell I wonder if it’s like the Shimin Li?

What a game ooof

4 Likes

No kidding! Argentina on PKs wasn’t what I had pictured, but it was killer to watch!

1 Like

Man the World Cup was nail biting today!! One of the best games I can remember.

2 Likes