Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

7 Likes

The idea of a tournament is to end up with the 2 best teams, and to see them play each other at their best. It rarely actually works out that way. I got back from church and was sure I’d missed anything worth seeing, not all that long left with a 2-0 lead. I was rewarded with a long wonderful remaining game!

It’s been a good cup overall. I enjoyed the France/England game too, thought they won very fairly given we missed two big chances to equalize and France wasn’t really giving their best game compared to others. I don’t need my team to win as long as the game is good.

Very hard for me to decide who I wanted to win today, in the end it came down to giving Messi the perfect finish to his last world cup, glad he got it.

What an achievement for Mbappe even without winning from it.

France goalkeeper is fantastic (I have a lot of praise for Pickford too, great goalies)

I wasn’t raised following soccer (no TV, international school with a more US sports focus in everyday discussion) so I’m relatively clueless but I watched these games when I could… you can’t miss the world cup.

2 Likes

Living in Germany during the 2006 World Cup was absolutely amazing! I was in a study abroad program in college at the time and my mom was amazing enough to help finance me being able to catch quite a few matches. Unbelievable fun and definitely one of those highlight memories I carry with me. One of these years I’m gonna have to grab tickets and a hotel room and just go have a crazy time!

2 Likes

Same thought with Messi. Mbappe killed it today though despite the lose. Insane he’s only 23 years old. He’s got at least another two to most likely three World Cups in him.

1 Like

Anyone have a review sample of the Heyday and wish to do a quick comparison with the KZ PR1 PRO?

Worth the upgrade? This is my first serious listen to the PR1 Tonight and from what I remember about the Timeless I like this $80 one better. The PR1 is actually quite a surprise.

Put a cotton filter on nozel and love the suttle effects.

5mm Cotton.

C$ 4.12 37%OFF | 20pcs Earphones Dustproof Mesh Filter In Ear Earphones Tuning Damper Mesh with adhesive 3mm-5mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM1fY46

I never watch but last penalty kicks were epic…Messi just doinked it in with hardly any leg behind it. France’s Goalie was getting worked

1 Like

And, hey, 2026 is the new tournament format and it’s being hosted in the US (with some group play games split to Mexico and Canada)! Some games are even being hosted in LA right by me and domestic flights are reasonable enough that I could see flying to catch particularly sick matches in other cities as well. Should be pretty cool!

3 Likes

Some of the matches will be here in Miami too. Not sure if my job will still have me here by then though.

1 Like

Lets go!!!
suzuki-nationals

8 Likes

Is that the Storm?..

3 Likes

That is indeed the Storm.

1 Like

Yup, if the bass was tucked in, I woulda passed but it looks like I can enjoy that.
Just press pay
So i did :heart_on_fire: :notes:

2 Likes

Lol HOW much for that treble again?? Smoother than my friend trying to pick up chicks :rofl: Jokes aside hope it sounds better than it graphs (which it most likely will…I hope!)

1 Like

Yep smoother than Frank Sinatra in a room full of chorus girls lol

1 Like

Maybe Santa will drop $5,000.00 in your stocking
Then you get drunk and spend it all on this set.
3 months later…you drink till you die of alcohol poisoning.
Cuz you were so happy…or so sad
Only you and your God will ever know.
Me? I love music :notes: :heart_on_fire:
Money is for spending

8 Likes

14 Likes

I can’t even contemplate what a 5k+ IEM is honestly. My brain can’t compute

2 Likes

I’ll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts and impressions. ThieAudio’s tribrid series has been a favorite of mine since they came out so, of course, a new addition to the lineup has my attention.

Edit: Actually listening to the Excaliburs right now lol! :joy:

5 Likes

Jesus!!! HBB absolutely dropping bombs on us this morning. I’ve heard nothing but stellar words on the STORM and the love and care that went into that set has me excited just witnessing the love towards the hobby and audio as a whole. I have high hopes and I hope it does well regardless of that crazy price tag.
Also definitely looking forward to seeing the Prestige VS the MMKII, the price tags aren’t too different and I’d love to see an improvement in the bass region over the Mons

3 Likes

The Prestige is available now:

3 Likes