Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I commented on your recent video that I don’t really think driver count matters much. Driver quality is 1000× more important. The Sennheiser IE600 1DD sounds better than nearly every hybrid I’ve heard, and rivals some of the best earphones ever made (at least to my ear).

So when I see “$500 for 1DD” I just think “It must be a really good dynamic driver”. If it’s not, then that’s a different story, but Sennheiser have proven that it is possible.

5 Likes

So agree Twilight, Advar, EA1000, Falcon Ultra Haven’t listened to the Sens all standout and worth the dough!

3 Likes

The rep didn’t even know what a PR was and was googling it and it’s history while we chatted.

I think this died mostly in the 80’s with better power and driver quality.

He seriously had no idea about a PR and thought the S15 was no biggie SQ wise 2 weeks ago.
He’s a rep…trying to rescue a novel idea. that answers a question nobody asked…since 1988 in car audio :wink:

2 Likes

Like the DZ4 whatever is going on in there is making this one sound different and not in a good way.

$330 killed it alot more than its wonky tuning LOL!

2 Likes

They are so close…i think they may stumble into awesomeness soon :laughing:

3 Likes

I hope so nice to see some innovative stuff again and its not $4700!

2 Likes

Just ordered :heart_on_fire:

2 Likes

@Click

Cancel bro.
They are burying themselves and it can only end up leaking into QC and shipping probs along with communication.
Great dudes with skills and I hype them a lot but they have growing pains and nobody wants to dea with that…understandably

5 Likes

I might do something with a single dd and a PR, sketching ideas for the stuff. Expect it as a competition to Twilight/singularity. Will be a long while tho…

1 Like

Blind-bought the ZiiGaat Cinno to use up my $100 discount code on Linsoul

So technically I got it for $56.
This will be a Christmas gift for my brother to up his audiophile journey from the Kiwi Ears Cadenza.
Hope it doesn’t suck :)))))

8 Likes

It’s a good set. Plays back my library well. :notes: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

It’s a very nice present to give someone. They won’t need anything else, if they’re not in the game

5 Likes

He won’t need anything else…yet :slight_smile:
He’s no audiophile, but he’s a musician, his ear is more developed than most of the audiophiles I’ve met personally, he’ll appreciate this set

2 Likes

I think my Son is a Southpaw… :heart:

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving

200w (12)

12 Likes

Lately Chris self interrupts/censors a lot, stops mid-sentence to “I’m not gonna go into that” so much. It’s all good really, the man knows what he’s doing but may he never forget what we look for when we watch his reviews:

1. BAD GUY;
  2. Good audio.
4 Likes

Sounds a lot like this HDSS tech used in intime iems.

2 Likes

I agree as well…the DD in the Meze Advar is an exceptional single and should have gotten a lot more press…one of the favs in my collection

What some companies willingness to invest in the components of their products ultimately reflects on the distinction of said product…in this case Meze…what they were able to accomplish with a simple DD architecture that rivals my 12 driver 64 Audio is amazing…at least to my ears

It’s akin to what JL Audio does with their drivers on the car scene…the JL subs in my car are some of hardest hitting subs I have ever encountered…they’re only 12s and they won’t go super low but between 40 and 80 hz it’s as if you got punched in your spleen

2 Likes

I’m on the fence with this too…been a couple months and they keep telling me to hang tight buuuttt at least they are getting back to me…chick named Ellie is handling the responses…think they hired her for damage control

I knew that going in though and hopefully they don’t take any shortcuts i.e. pushing product through QC just to satisfy an eager and patientless consumer base…I’d rather wait longer than get my product sooner…just to stand there dumbfounded with my dick in my hand

My wife is a QC engineer for Raytheon that contracts for the US military…and she’s trying to alter my objectivity about this whole transaction with FF…coming from her background I can understand her reluctance and prognostication in this matter but I think she’s off base on this one…her brain is clouded by strict MIL spec standards and FF is basically a bunch of artists with a technical skill set…they’ll eventually get up to speed and streamline their manufacturing process…apprenticeship takes time in this type of manufacturing and if they continue to have a cash flow into the company they should be fine and everyone will be happy in the end…hopefully…nuff said

3 Likes

I don’t forget my roots :japanese_ogre:…deny my “self”. I just control it a little better :pinching_hand: just a bit.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving :turkey:

3 Likes

JL was my first true love. Then Digital Designs and Sometimes Sundown. They make great 15’s
JL are classic :notes: :speaker:

2 Likes