Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Hope you and the family have an amazing one too. Kid’s looking huge.

2 Likes

Haha…your like Arnold after Terminator 1…can’t be the bad guy anymore…gotta tone it down for the masses

Anywho…Happy Thanksgiving everyone and to all a good night

2 Likes

Funny you say this because I paid them in full for the preorder based off of your video where you gave the Scarlet Mini a very glowing review and “highly recommended” it.

I’ve been wanting a basshead set for months but held off until your video. Now I’m kind of regretting it. But like I said on head-fi, I don’t want them to hit me with a “restocking fee” for a preorder refund.

3 Likes

Check my rant from up above…relax…you’ll get your shit…I’ll get my shit…eventually

4 Likes

That is sad, I was pondering getting the FATfreq Maestro Mini, but I don’t like hassle.

1 Like

The Timsok TS 1024 is quite well thought of, possibly a bit over-priced. Looking forward to your thoughts on them. Will they mirror the headphones or will they sparkle for the price?

2 Likes

Fuck…I don’t really want to do this but I ran out of friends to talk to…went thru my whole contact list and my wife is a basket case at this point so she can’t help me ease my pain

Great f’n Thanksgiving…had to put my bud down today…had him for almost 13 years and he was one of my best friends…cats like Baltimore don’t come around often and I’ve owned cats since I was a kid

He was the bravest, most confident and loving cat I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing…I keep trying to think of ANY negative aspect of having him to help me deal with this and I can’t think of a fucking thing

Sorry if I’m bringing anyone down with this shit but I just had to vent…he started drooling 3 days ago and at first I thought it was funny

Brought him to the vet the same day and they said that they’d perform some tests…well…the results did not pan out for my friend or for me or my wife and everyone I talked to today…family included

If any of you people out there have a pet or a child…pick them up right now and hug them as tight as you can because life can change in an instant

Sorry guys…

24 Likes

Sorry for your loss bro, just remember all the good times you had while they were with you.

7 Likes

I feel your loss and am sorry

By terrible coincidence this is the day my girl passed away. I turn on the star at 3:45 Nov 24th every year while holding her picture.
I showed vids of light testing but the lights are not turned on for view until the star on tree (not in vids yet) is turned on which is about 3 hours from now.
I am very sorry for your loss bro

11 Likes

Damn, brother. I am so sorry for your loss. I’ve lost many many pets in my day and it never gets easier. The thought of the crippling feeling of loss makes me avoid getting close to animals, especially dogs.

I feel for you, man.

6 Likes

Sorry cant even imagine your loss.

4 Likes

Thanks guys…holy shit Chris you lost your girl on Thanksgiving too…now I feel some type of kinship with you…that tribute you do for her each year really shows your big heart

The thing I love most about pets is that you can trust them unequivocally, there is never any ulterior motive in them…they are the most trustworthy friend you can have in your whole life other than your wife (the keepers) and your kids

I’ll have my friend cremated and place his ashes next to the ashes of my other fallen friends…my collection of urns is almost as big as my IEM collection…fuck

After my last cat Drexel I waited too long to get another because I was so devastated…my wife and I have decided not to wait so long this time. I think it would be healthier for me to put my energy into another crazed kitten…the search has begun.

Chris, hug the picture of your cat at that moment in time knowing I’ll be thinking about you, her and my boy at the same time

Thanks guys…God bless you all

8 Likes

That is the way brother.
There is a Scene ina Movie called “Magnolia”
After it rained frogs, and the guy got caught by the cop.
He says “I really do have love to give…I just don’t know where to put it”

I dropped a tear 1st time I saw. You know where to put it :heart: Family. The ones we hold and the ones that hold us

7 Likes

Sorry for your loss bro
I’ve never owned a pet, family is against it and where i live…
I know I wouldn’t be too responsible of an owner…
I would like to have one someday…

I’ve interacted with a few cats for a long time my life
One ran over by car

, another… I saw it petrified along the street after a few days of not seeing, had flies over it. The people cleaning up there told me to leave it to them to handle…

Had a time when a kitten I knew suddenly just disappeared…

Also the times I had to leave the country, had to leave the cats I knew…

All those times felt heartbroken bruh. Not as close as living with one like family and losing it entirely, but yeah.

Hope things get better for ye eventually maybe one day… maybe… rescue a stray if you happen to meet along the way, its just life…

9 Likes

So sorry for your loss.

I have a big yellow tomcat that is about 18 years old, he was about 7 when we got him ( the owner was going into assisted living ). I went about a decade without a cat before we got him, and my prior cat was 22 when he passed away. He has been part of the family for a while now, and will be missed when he it gone.

4 Likes

Ohhh HBB’s video this morning is kind of spicy.

6 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Totally agree with ya brother. Customer service and QC should be top priorities but often is not in the audiophile industry. Most companies (both retailers and manufacturers) only care about raking in the cash but not taking care of their customers before and after the sale, especially after the sale.

Not surprising companies are bribing popular reviewers/influencers such as yourself with collabs and review units, hoping you’d say good things about their products and use you as their marketing department… until they no longer feel you’re an asset or you criticize them and their products.

I hope you say f it and expose these companies some day. I’m willing to bet one of them is KZ. Honestly can’t believe you let them get away with changing the mesh and tuning of the PR2 but kept your name and logo on the box and unit.

3 Likes

I can’t believe it took me so long to add to my rankings…it’s like the most important bit of info to pass on.

I have been sounding an alarm about message guiding and narrative control for about a year. It’s partly why some calculus about the profit of good Customer service (not build Qualty assurances,) is being kinda abandoned seemingly and suddenly…if folks have not noticed a big dropoff in last 12 months…they are not paying close attention. The Bot/Meatbag swarms are a big reason. It’s getting worse too

The hobby thinks they can manhandle the reviewers because most of the time they can.
They wouldn’t do it if it didn’t work

4 Likes

It doesn’t help that most hobbyists treat IEMs as disposable anyway, either selling of a set or putting it in a drawer after a few months so they can get whatever the new hotness is

2 Likes

@Toecutter So sorry for your loss, lost mine recently also.

10 Likes