Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Holy shit bro…that’s one of my favorite movies and one of my favorite lines…this is getting creepy

“Don’t get too strong Donny”

“What Am I Doing? I’m Quietly Judging You.”

Fuckin epic…P.T. Anderson is one of my favorite directors

3 Likes

Yeah, lotta critics paned it, they couldn’t see the genius of it.
Tom Cruises performance was maybe the best he has ever done.

I just re watched Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto

This scene is amazing…after all she is an Oracle

After watching it I checked online and incrediblly…in FUCKING CREDIBLY many major review sites saw the ending where he sees the European ships at the beach…and they said Mel was implying the White man was coming to save them from their self Genocidal ways…

That Oracle scene text:

• [Oracle Girl ]: [the Prophecy]

You fear me?
So you should.
All you who are vile.
Would you like to know how you will die? The sacred time is near.
Beware the blackness of day.
Beware the man who brings the jaguar.
Behold him reborn from mud and earth.
For the one he takes you to will cancel the sky, and scratch out the earth.
Scratch you out. And end your world.
He’s with us now.
Day will be like night. And the man jaguar will lead you to your end.

Tiger paw led them in a chase right to the ships…and …they looked lke they all knew their sky was about to be fucking canceled.

Shoulda won an Oscar…epic epic film
Mel gave them Crayons and a connect the dots paper in that Oracle scene and they missed it.

2 Likes

^^^ X2 great soundtrack too :+1:

1 Like

Without a doubt…worthy of at least a nomination in my eyes.
Apocalypto is another one of my favs…Mels direction is impeccable and love the decision to use the indigenous language

Trying to get over my friends passing by listening to a lot of music

Tried Eminems remix of Runnin’ from tha Police with Wallace and Shakur…no dice
Thought maybe something more sentimental but I was afraid it might bring up some shit in me and I’m trying to be stoic

Started with Bill Withers (Lovely Day), moved onto Sam Cooke (A Change is Gonna Come) wound up with The Carpenters (We’ve only Just Begun) and it seems to help …painfully so

On a lark I picked up an EPZ Q5 that does a remarkable Rich Little of my 700 ducat Meze Advar but at a slightly different price point…1/14 difference, just to see how it stacks…I’m not going to say it competes but I gotta tell ya…it’s pretty fuckin good…does Karens voice real well even with the 5k peak

Thank God for music…

Advar has a better buiid quality but the Q5 is no slouch in that department

Thanks again Chris and all of guys…your support has meant a lot to me and I’ll never forget it

7 Likes

The Advar is like a Ferrari the Q5 is a Lada thats how apart I heard them.

I liked the Q5 but no comparison on a proper source.

1 Like

Hidizs Whale fund exposed

7 Likes

Totally agree…Z28 to Berlinetta buuut…

700 to 50…I was just curious

50 bux experiment…no biggie

1 Like

Tone…just watched your Scarlet review…warm and gooey, right out of the oven…with a whole bunch of cinnamon…haha…no edits suites your style…good job

2 Likes

I just got a xDuoo MT-602 tube amp and have been testing out some gear I haven’t listened to lately. My goto daily has been the Kailua for a while now, and it was good but no real change. The Z300 sounds really good with tubes. It opens them up a bit and gives some extra air and stage to them. Same thing with Tea2, but strangely the P1 Max was less engaging with it. This is a fun way to rediscover my IEM collection.

edit - Kai is really nice with tubes

7 Likes

Friend of mine bought one for his summer house just in case someone broke in and pilfered the thing…so he wouldn’t sweat it if that happened. He still has it but went back to SS for the ditch…he said the noise floor was too much for him…but then again thats coming from my pinhead friend who slides into his chair with his RedBreast 27 whiskey and a pre-roll of Grapefruit Gas or whatever the flavor of the week seems to be and zones out on Floyd and System of a Down on his Feliks Audio Envy…he loves going up there to get away from the wify and kids…ahhhhhh livin the life
Anyhow I’ve listened to it and in my humble opinion you should stay away from inexpensive tubes and stick with SS or save up and get something a little more expensive…the P/P ratio is better with tubes…you pay-you get…especially with tubes

1 Like

Wow…was just checking the status of my Scarlet order and noticed that FF is jacking the price up to 1k…2 hundred over the past week

1 Like

I didn’t realize the SM was so expensive, for some reason I was under the assumption they were around the same price as the MM. Interestingly though, it looks like FatFreq offers a service to tune a Maestro Mini to a Scarlet mini for about $160. That’s pretty dope

1 Like

Scarlets are still showing $640 for me. As for the tuning service that is interesting… They made it sound like the scarlet have new drivers that let them achieve that tuning

3 Likes

Holy shit what’s with their site…just checked again and it’s back down to 801 here in the US…Ellie their rep told me that their site is doing all kinds of wonky stuff…my order first said default cable then upgrade cable then default and back to upgrade…WTF…my thoughts is they’ve been in business long enough not to have a website full of bugs

2 Likes

1 Like

Chris should recognize this QC card…pulled them out of storage for a little Moby Dick

4 Likes

Even if Plant had any lyrics in Moby Dick you wouldn’t be able to hear him with these…bass really swallows up the mids…the high hats peak in though…

2 Likes

I have to say I was impressed that @hawaiibadboy was able to so clearly separate the Hidizs MP145 review from the super crappy marketing that Hidizs has done on their previous couple releases.

When Chris talks about being in a better place, leading to tamer rants, I completely relate to it. I recall my students joking that my f-bomb rate lowered dramatically after I had kids at home.

That seems pretty sus to me too, and I write software for a living.

I am thinking I might hold off the Maestro Mini I was thinking about, since they aren’t instilling me with confidence lately. Maybe I will go with the Xenns UP ( I love both Tea & Tea2 ).

6 Likes

Quick theory is that it was swapping currency values without swapping currencies, besides that I agree that it’s a unique problem with unlikely causes.

2 Likes

That could be true…I also thought of that being a reasonable explanation…but that doesn’t explain my order changing values back and forth over the course of a few days

1 Like