Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Haha…that’s funny…do you teach computer science in grammar, high, college

1 Like

The more time goes on, the more I’m thinking of adding the UP to my list of IEMS to “buy and own before I die” I had a brief listen many months ago and that bass response lives rent free in my head… snappy, clean, punchy but god damned powerful.

It’s too bad that it seems people are really starting to hold onto their pairs more often now. I haven’t seen a used pair go up on the classifieds page for a long time.

4 Likes

I have and had both the Top and Up…I Upchucked the Up…kept the Top…liked the bass more on the Top and I’m a basshead…

4 Likes

8 Likes

OMG that’s alot of bootylicious bass and then some can you hear anything else LOL

2 Likes

That graph… Is that dd or they got bone conductors in there?
I was planning the bone conductors and dd read out something similar…

1 Like

That’s a DD doin that :notes:

4 Likes
11 Likes

Thanks Chris…thanks a lot…now I gotta find a 2.0 for the collection

I don’t listen to the 2.5 much but it’s fun every once in awhile…my compulsive nature dictated that it had to be in my possession

1 Like

It was in college, I am pretty sure I never could have gotten away with that in K-12.

Interesting, the graphs indicate the UP has more bass, and less treble.

The bass on UP is elevated from 1k all the way down, so maybe it gets lost a bit. The QKZxHBB has a similar effect, you don’t realize how much extra bass you are getting until you listen to something else.

1 Like

Man I miss the old Chris, a real street brawler reviewer who never pulled a punch…I know a lot of things have changed and for the good, a beautiful son :smiley:, the Collab’s etc but he seems now more of a Don King than a Mike Tyson…don’t get me wrong Chris is a legend he’s done more to influence good tuning, address pricing, quality control and aftercare service than any other reviewer I can think of…but I still miss the old days but I’m so happy @hawaiibadboy you’ve found your happy place :heart: that bro :notes::peace_symbol:

10 Likes

OG HBB was hated by SJWs on Reddit and head-fi, and was a brand risk to collabs. :laughing:

New and improved HBB is much more diplomatic and tactful. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Who’s that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Social Justice Warriors, although I don’t think that makes much sense in context. Political correctness on hot-button topics isn’t the same as fearlessly slamming gear/companies and speaking his mind about them, I don’t think Chris has had any major controversy with the former?

4 Likes

Indeed …Warriors? :joy: ie keyboard :sleeping:

1 Like

Yeah John…to my ears the Top sounds more up front in the mid-bass…the glide of the bass into the mids on the Up smooths it out a bit more…whereas the cliff on the Top makes it more pronounced…at least to me

They’re both great sets…you can’t go wrong with either…but I enjoy the Top more for most of my library

5 Likes

That makes sense, and thanks for the info.
I notice that Chris ranks Top higher than UP for bass ( 8 vs 7 ) too.

1 Like

7 Likes

Ahh…the blue coated diaphragm…Timsok is vague on the actual coating though…marketing at it’s finest…still not as hard as beryllium even if it is measured on the HRA scale which uses an diamond indenter with a 60 kgf load. Sorry guys…I’m an engineer by profession so don’t listen to me ramble…friends call me ‘the specifreak’. Anyhow the shell looks rather impressive from a machining point of view and it is quite beautiful. Did you graph it yet…

launching-creative-branding-blue-meth

7 Likes