Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Nice glide Chris but does it muddy up the lower mids and does the DD snap like a beryllium or more of a long decay

I thought that looked kind of familiar…

6 Likes

I know what you mean:

1 Like

If anything, the Venus looks a little bit better if we’re talking pur graphs!

Well after listening to Chris’ PR2 for the better part of a week and initially liking it…uhh…its starting to grade on me (sorry Chris but I’m sure you are too) so I tried the MP145 and…uhh…I’m done with planars…I’ll leave that tech for the can guys…I’m not ashamed to say and realize that I was and always will be a DD,BA and EST dude…at least with today’s tech. I’m so into the decay that DDs bring to the table…which gives music such a realistic sound. I tolerate BAs because of their snappy nature and what they do for the mids…and ESTs are the shit for treble fo’shizzle…but what do I know

5 Likes

Nice get to borrow a set this week and showing up today!

Time to compare with the Meze Advar.
If you don’t have that one Chris put it on you radar as well.

2 Likes

I agree Jason…Chris should review the Advar…stupendous single DD…it’s my daily driver for the most part

2 Likes

As soon as I saw the graph, these came to mind:

4 Likes

I think graphs indicate tonality.
10 years of looking at em (when Crin 1st was rollin good) and listening…and it tells me no more.
Great tool to have …even though a graph done buy a diff guy with diff mic and diff set can make that 1 big get…questionable.

9 Likes

I really enjoy the Kailua. I think it is my favorite IEM under $250, despite the $80 price tag.

Is there anything about the TS-316 that justifies the price ($500) vs the other IEMs that people are showing with similar graphs?

Kailua $80
Venus $22
CRA $14

3 Likes

Can someone explain why the tuning graphs different depending on the target?

I’m trying to get more into graphs so I can have somewhat of an idea what an IEM sounds like rather than just doing a blind buy with vague descriptions of what it sounds like lol

When the tuning changes between the two targets it’s very confusing to understand which one is the “correct” one

1 Like

its because you are looking at a compensated graph. I dont really get the value of it but you can read more about it here Graphs 101: How to Read Headphone Measurements – In-Ear Fidelity

Most screenshots of graph comparisons like the one above are using “raw” graphs instead of compensated ones. I much prefer looking at those raw graphs as they make more sense to me and, as you mentioned, don’t change with each target

2 Likes

If you like Kailua, you would like Sony A3. I got mine used for $178 on eBay.

2 Likes

A guy who listens to earphones and doesn’t dry fuck graphs.
f8ce39769359522e24a1f24055558f15

4 Likes

You my good sir should get into contact with Michael Bruce about a Glamdring. :wink:

1 Like

TBH…no, not really. Doesn’t sound like the other sets but a 1DD at $500 is a tall ask

6 Likes

Agreed Chris…graphs only tell you so much…metaphorically when you shop for a car you do your initial research and look for all the desirable qualities you are looking for you but you still have to get behind the wheel and absorb the experience first hand…it might turn out that that’s not what you were looking for initially…the mind can be a fickle place…but I’m sure most of you know that…

3 Likes

Aye…Dyno BHP and Torque tell one story…how that works out on track/road (real world) comes to down to chassis/suspension tuning oh and yes tyres aka tips lol

3 Likes

Bleeding Green Nation keeping it real

3 Likes

Its basically just useful if a target is your bible and then you can easily tell if the iem in question deviates from it.

4 Likes