Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

IMO at the prices IMR stuff goes for there are no excuses to buy one cuz there are SO MANY OPTIONS out there.

Unlike another shitty company like KZ that sticks to the sub 100 usd range, they at least have the excuse that they are relatively cheap.

3 Likes

Wow seriously same price as TIMSOK TS-316

1 Like

Yep - it was on Meze’s site. Stirred up a fair bit of fomo in me, but I wasn’t really in a position to be a bad boy…

1 Like

I know I know. Just having a bit of fun is all.

1 Like

Jason, that price is not coming back anytime soon…seems the Advar is slowly picking up momentum around the community

I love my Empyreans and took a chance on the Advars simply because of that…700 for a single DD seemed kinda steep to me but I am impressed by not only the musicality of it…but it’s build quality as well…my friend said it reminds him of a Bentley

2 Likes

Probably…still a good deal…especially if they are in good condition

1 Like

This is by far the post in this entire forum… I laughed way more than I should :rofl:
I subscribed to that thread just to read cope like that :sob:

2 Likes

Yep, but also sold out…

All Sonion including 2 new Sonion Bone conduction drivers and a custom tuned low end BA not released yet as this company gets first dibs if I am reading stuff correct?

3 Likes

That BC has been used in some other iems like the BGVP DMA.

But that looks like a new (assumed) woofer I have not seen before.

3 Likes

BGVP died for me years ago. Hyped 2 sets and the QC was crazy bad and their reaction was basically “not our problem”
They are an example of doing everything right besides QC/QA and how that turns a company into an afterthought.

5 Likes

That’s a bummer to hear that. The NS10 looked super interesting for the price

2 Likes

I’ve seen multiple issues with the same set by them (DM8) which otherwise has a unique tuning and looks beautiful.

Like fit can ruin a good sounding IEM, bade QC/CS can ruin an IEM company in spite of merits.

4 Likes

Started with DM6 which was a Campfire audio Andromeda clone (5BA) and sometimes perfect cloning…buncha sites sold during 11//11 and all kinds of chaos ensued and the DM with em was enlightening.
if KZ = Lunatic
BGVP = Assholes

That was the first intro into the short money hustle part of this hobby.
They make some gorgeous stuff and if they thought about the long term 6 years ago they’d be huge by now

3 Likes

How was Yanyin to deal with?

Fine. Joe Bloggs is there now.
Before him stuff ran really smooth.
I can’t say about after.

1 Like

We going to see some Midbass slam on the Jupiter I hope!

The Kinera Freya2 had slam with that little DD

1 Like

tragico-horror

I ordered and canceled in 5 minute span.

Thanks Squigtool
yes-sir

6 Likes

That early peak is exactly what would screw up consonants for me, especially without other peaks to soften it.

5 Likes

For $1400, you can’t blind buy it. But I’m willing to give it a try.

I can’t be the “graphs are only part of the story” guy and then run away from a scary graph.

I’ll run away from the price tag, instead lol

1 Like