Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I think I’m back in, you brought it up, I got the DAP’s and the dude on Discord just stumbled on that…4 years without poking that bees nest,…it is time

People hate hard…

I’m thirsty…
drinkingtears-tears

2 Likes

Poke away my man

Legend. That’s a special set.

5 Likes

I like it like that…

1 Like

Arnooold…

1 Like

My truckin gear…

4 Likes

at 25:45…" bunch of bitches and hoes basically stealing my money " :fu:… I fuckin love it

I don’t play that game beeatch…

1 Like

Lolllllll. Yeah, didn’t you know that to be a true audiophile you have to listen exclusively to anime soundtracks and minimal techno at 24bit/96kHz? :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

@Hidizsofficial
@hidizs

I’m still asking about the Whale conservation.
little-girl-window

6 Likes

The whole music taste argument is such a brain-dead take that almost goes hand-in-hand with the philosophy of exclusively testing with hi-res files (with the exception of testing source equipment that specifically boasts certain metrics.) One of my first go-tos when comparing sound signatures is bass-heavy and slammy electronic and rock on YouTube. I personally put more weight in how equipment handles that over a recording that I’ll know will sound good on all systems.

7 Likes

+1

My series of test tracks would be dismissed by many, I’m sure, as not gud enuf. And a lot of my listening is via YouTube streaming lol. But! Funnily enough, I can always spot the differences and typically arrive at the same conclusion as the reviewers I’ve come to trust despite having a VERY different play list.

Bottom line, my ears and my opinion has and will always take precedence over anyone else’s ears and opinion.

There is no guarantee that anyone’s impression(s) will always align one to one with someone else in the hobby. There are several sets in my own rotation for instance that those same reviewers I trust do not speak highly of. And that’s okay lol.

Variety is my priority; all bases covered (e.g., EXT and Crimson for an extremely fun and engaging experience; Jewel, Odin and Prophile-8 for a highly technial yet balanced sound (I don’t hear shouty mids with the Odin); A8000 for some of the best bass and treble from a single driver; Moondrop S8 for what I consider Moondrop’s best sound sig; RSV for all my Harman needs; etc.).

5 Likes

Smart music lover move right there. Redundancy is the bane of this hobby
Well done

Streaming savage :laughing: :musical_note:

wine-drinking-wine

Reviewers are Carnival barkers

look-in-the-mirror-look

2 Likes

Canpur Audio’s parent company has a Sonion-authorized driver testing lab, allowing them early access to the most advanced Sonion drivers.

Sonion 38D2XJ007Mi-8c/
Sonion 28UAP01/
Sonion E50DT0005/D/
Sonion EST65DB02/
Sonion 37AAX007

• Assembly form: Conduit type
  • Impedance: 10Ω@1khz
  • Sensitivity: 100db@1khz

lalo-salamanca-better-call-saul

6 Likes

By shear coincidence I have listened to King on my EXT 800s…don’t we sometimes run in small circles :handshake:

My current couch rig…goin old school

Soon to be my wife’s toy…that woman has no idea how good she has it …:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I still own and love the Sony EX series (own 3 variants: 600, 7550/800, and 1000), but the Vision Ears EXT was the one in reference :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Classics. I have the 800ST/7550 the 1000 and the xb90ex

1 Like

https://fb.watch/oUd1CdXV9U/?mibextid=Nif5oz

https://www.facebook.com/share/MvsNsrJM1VgqDJ69/?mibextid=xfxF2i

No receipt but hey!

4 Likes

My bad…but at least you’re a Sony fanboy…just a josh…you’re an IEM fanboy :+1:

1 Like

1% eh?

limp-weiner

5 Likes