Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

reddit user has phantom.said best soundstage,imaging, also teister6 reviewer conpared it to um mest ii, fibae 5, symphonium helios and phantom wins in resolution clarity

It’s a spectacular IEM. Absolutely impressed. Canpur sounds very much like a Susvara with more sub bass and a bit more dynamic. It’s a very natural sound and lowkey reminds me of Storm, just a bit less dynamic and textured favoring more euphonic and holography sound.

Where Anni 23 is still my favorite iem, there’s no doubt the Canpur is a half step ahead. Anni23 & Feiwan are in a similar range, but the Anni is the more refined iem for me personally. Anni23 has a lot more bass, but it’s not the same quality as either sets, FW wins here.

Feiwan is pretty good, technicalities are fantastic, bass is amazing, mids and treble… kinda not my jam but have their merits. It’s a bit hollow and thin in male vocals, quite weeb in female range (shouty at times) & the treble is kinda cursed with the wrong music, but works wonders with others in providing a lot of energy. Definitely more of a EDM, Hip Hop, Pop set.

FR’s crossed at 900Hz and all measured by me (except Omnium provided by AAF EVO)

Some squigs of my favorite warm-leaning sets to date:

And of the more energetic sets:

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy congrats on the launch for the Jupiter, look forward to eventually purchasing a set!

1 Like

Amazing timing. My set will arrive tomorrow or Sunday. Am stoked. Glad to hear from someone who has it.
Like a Skunk works for SONION…Canpur has all their latest drivers 1st

Lets go!!!

1 Like

Ah, the Anni 2023… what an IEM. Truly a next-level product. Ridiculously expensive, but honestly something that you’d have for a lifetime to enjoy your music on.

1 Like

The Feiwan and Canpur are not mine, from the current Watercooler tour at this moment.

The one drawback with 622B, besides its price… is that the shells feel like a $40.00 iem in terms of build quality.

Comfort is very custom-like, I love it. Very large iem’s though.

@domq422 Sometimes poneying up a lot of cash for these hurts because diminishing returns are too real, but once you get a taste… sometimes you just can’t go back down. Mentor Multiverse was my favorite set in late 2022/ early 2023, but after hearing the Anni 2023 revision, I ended up shifting over to that. DD bass is hard to match and despite Mentor being one of the best BA basses, it’s lacking in the sub. Mentor is not quite Storm or 622B tier for its bass - these truly slam despite being BA.

3 Likes

I’m kinda bummed about Fei but hoping Canpur rescues me

2 Likes

I absolutely agree to a certain extent for sure. Most of the crazy Watercooler type IEMs I’ve tried in my day were mostly great, for sure, I could just never justify their unbelievable eye watering price tags… besides the Anni. That IEM made me feel so much when listening to my music, it was basically love at first listen and they’ve been living in my brain rent free for nearly a year now.

Im just looking forward to hearing them again come February.

Mentors were good too, very very smooth. Those seem to be extremely popular within the crowd that can afford them so maybe I missed something when I listened to them. I’ll give em’ another listen for sure if I have the opportunity to.

No not really… # The bird, # UM, # Vision Ears par for the latte coffee breakfast listen…

3 Likes

Dont forget Storm or Amber …next level up

4 Likes

Fir RN6? would be my try out :+1:

1 Like

That is my actual fave set recently. You really outta buy yourself a set for Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Speak for your self, captain :smirk:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be bummed for Feiwan man! If you like RN6 you should really like Feiwan as well. But personally, I do prefer RN6 overall.

RN6 is the best rendition of bass guitar and has a very nice lower midrange organic timbre, but then the upper register are snappy and have good dynamics and attack. Sometimes a bit metallic and sharp, but hey, that’s Hi-Fi.

Sub bass on Feiwan digs deeper and with more tightness, and bass is generally a bit more dynamic, but carries less space. Feiwan is more V-shaped to me where RN6 is more of a W-shape.

The BC that is used in the transducers like Shokz is a full range BC vibration type. While UM uses piezo based BCs which iirc acts as a tweeter. While the EE stuff is like an LRA vibration type acting as a woofer for a very specific range (100-400hz).

3 Likes

Taking a casual stroll through Riku’s knowledge:

ezgif-1-bede45e084

:smirk:

7 Likes

@hawaiibadboy from me also congrats on the Jupiter launch. Epic 50min video.
You mentioned the unknown sets Ziigaat manufactures. Hello Inspector Gadget here, I think it’s the Yanyin lineup. The shell designs, nozzles and serial numbers are so close.

Click to view images

Do you have more info about the 10mm composit DD being used?

6 Likes

Yep… had the EVO but sold it… wasn’t worth the money IMHO… still have the Mext… incredible IEM for the money… I’ve come to the conclusion that the sweet spot for me is 1300 to 1500… after that diminishing returns

Mext BC peaks at 400 hz but starts it’s thing at 200 hz and goes to 7k hz… at least that’s what UM says in the specs… when you feed it close to 1 watt the set literally vibrates in your ears on certain passages

The Mext uses a different type of BC compared to the Mest… Mext > lower frequencies… Mest > higher frequencies

2 Likes

CVJ (Konoka/asssassin) is using a similar BC type as the Legend Evo has.
And I believe the BQEYZ Wind does as well.

1 Like