Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I have the Mest also but the right channel keeps taking a dump on me… out of warranty so I’ll have to find someone to fix it

Go for it… come back and let us know how you liked or disliked it… always good to hear someone’s opinion on an IEM👍

im read BC not any impact on listen quality just marketing trick.

It depends on the type of BC and the implementation of it.
The vibration type will definitely be noticeable, whether a lot or not is up to the implementation (Konoka sucks in that regard).

The piezo type, I am sceptical on the differences with a regular piezo tweeter tbh.

im looking at bgvp phantom

That is the Sonion BC which is an odd one as it is not piezo based nor like the vibration ones.

Honestly seems like gimmicky to me.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s bigger than that. (Manufacturer)
They would be closer to Thie on the factory floor than a Yanyin.
They actually name dropped right infront of folks, a handful of brands but nobody noticed

Yanyin shells are diff in every way

DD is same as Prestige it was originally a CNT since it was based on a JQ White Knight

2 Likes

Dude…that vid on your set was a marathon…I had to stop halfway through to get a sandwich

that is one of, if not the most, in-depth reviews of any IEM you have done

I wonder :thinking: if that is because your name is on it…hmmm… I’m fuckin with you man

I’m on Linsoul’s site right now tapping my fingers…first 10 pre-orders 600 off… fuck… I’m gonna kill you if I don’t like… but of course I could never leave your beautiful son without a father :v:

Seriously dude… excellent job with the vid and the tune… your set graphs almost exactly the way I like it… the bass blending into the mids is brilliant and if it sounds at all like it graphs my fingers will stop tapping on the desk and start tapping on the mouse

1 Like

Nope too late…they’re selling like hotcakes

It’s exactly why i went in depth.
Cuz i know the story from A-Z instead of a box and a sellers story.
My indepth reviews are coming back after the end of year awards
15 minutes though…not 50 :melting_face:

2 Likes

I felt like I was listening to someone’s doctoral thesis during today’s video. It was pretty detailed and awesome.

2 Likes

so, if BCD on phantom non feells it is like more 2dd 2ba 2est irm for 900€? nothink special or musically? better look at monarch, um, aur audio, symphonium, letshourer, cayin, moondrop and other top tribrids?

The benefit of the 2 DD is what exactly?
Are they firing at each other?
Are they cancelling each other out?
64Audio is only brand to clearly and effectively implement a 2DD system in an earphone

2 Likes

what 64 audio has 2DD. ? so, 2DD vs 1DD sound same? monarchmkiii with 2DD is marketing too?

1 Like

Other designs are hybrids of and not proven in full size (Home or Auto) that anyone is citing, just 64 as of 12/16/23

It’s the Volur set

1 Like

HBB in case you add the Volur in your ranking list, in which number of the list they would go?

1 Like

Probably 8 or 9th. Am going to update at end of year.
Has a late boost but I have been running 15,16Khz bursts in 30 second blasts in my vids for 2 months and nobody catches it and those are dedicated tones.
It’s a very good set, has a premium brand behind it and it has actual inhouse tech applied well.

5 Likes

I always watch your videos on speakers and have not caught it. I also found it hard to when using my HS5 speakers for 15k+ hearing tests

Out of curiosity, could you throw in an example of a video where you added it, so I could listen with IEMs?

After I publish my vid about extension i will.

I used tones downloaded from here

xtension is a meme
Like money, it’s good to have it even if you don’t need it

screenshot-www.file.io-2023.12.16-19_18_14

or

https://file.io/BG2nsOAxGPSS

1 Like

if you are young enough even 20k+ would be audible. i wanted to try some kpop songs and downloaded some tracks from famous artists. got a few blackpink tracks and all of them were just unlistenable due to a nasty 19k 20k peak. then i googles it and so many people were complaining too on reddit. it makes sense because most kpop fans are young teens so its natural to hear that far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopthoughts/comments/xb26oc/interesting_high_pitched_sound_in_blackpinks_pink/
https://www.reddit.com/r/kpophelp/comments/l57u0w/high_pitch_sound_in_blackpink_songs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPink/comments/plemk1/highpitched_frequency_in_songs_fixed_please/

1 Like