Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

more resolution, more clarity,more details, more soundstage , more a bit bass, separation. or just ara is on same level with monarch at price level?

Something strange is going on for sure. I too heard Band on the Run for the first time in years (yesterday) - wondering how it would sound on a half decent iem. A great track for sure.

I also watched Chris’s latest video - you never dissappoint. Aside from agreeing with the comments on charitable giving, I was also pleased to hear you speak out for the average ‘audiophile’ Joe, who are often ‘bullied’ by certain types on these forums. I’m so glad you have taken your stance to kick people from your FB group for attacking people’s opinions - as if they are idiots.

Anyway, here’s wishing everyone a wonderful christmas. After 39 years, Wham’s Last Christmas is No.1 in the UK. What could possibly be bad about this time of year?

2 Likes

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

Hurling crap at fellow hobbiest because of differences in opinion is …well, I’d rather hold my Son, and as a person who gets mental about Companies cuz I know the hustle inside and out…the vitrol pointed at other music lovers is aiming the wrong way and likely the true issue is in that persons own heart and has NOTHING to do with audio.

Happy intelligent people don’t act lke that.
I wanna be around them :heart:

FB and YT are where I can and do controll and try to gather the best of the best. :pinching_hand:

The charity giveaways have been great.
I hope your holiday 's are fantastic and your family is doing great :christmas_tree: :notes: :santa:

9 Likes

Crappy people can go elsewhere. There are plenty of other forums out there where those people can sit all day and insult each other all they want, argue about cables, and justify shitty companies.

I like how you’re keeping your FB group a healthy environment, Chris. Pleasure to be a part of it :handshake:

9 Likes

People are going through a fatigue.
The wallet and the brain.
Headfi is a shell of itself and Discords that were super hot 1-2 years ago are also husks of what they were.
Normal people are tired of arguing about what boils down to Profits in China and brands that claim to be made elsewhere…but are also made in China

I think being a Dad and lacking sleep just made me say “Fu** it”
FB and YT are easy mods and here is all about civil discourse with no sponsor banners influencing their actions.

Kai’s birth is 10 hours away from being 1 year ago. Time flies when you are actually having fun

30 Likes

You caught that huh my brother… finally a man with refined taste that pays close attention to every single line they hear in a movie… or just pays close attention and processes every last bit of information someone else says… perception is a gift… helps you deal with the dolts in life

Merry Christmas to you and yours

1 Like

Merry Christmas Kai… and a Happy Birthday… man did he get screwed in the present department… my cousins B-day is on Christmas and always had his gifts in a bundle

3 Likes

Yes and yes…just buy the f’n thing already

1 Like

You can say it… it’s easy… watch… Fuck It… see… wasn’t that hard

1 Like

Absofuckinlootly… right on man… preach it

2 Likes

I switched focus from a hobby (musical instrument gear) that is absolutely infested with fanboi viciousness, small-shop scammers, and fomo-fueled flipping, and my first step into things over at headfi was pretty…dismaying. I ended up here, ironically, because I got caught up in the NOB hype, and that aside, I’ve found this place, and particularly this thread, to be a godsend. So many big hearts on display here. Hold onto this vibe gang - it is increasingly rare it seems,and something to treasure and grow. Keep doing good things, hold those dear to you ever closer, and keep on listening. Thanks for being a part of a great year for me - I hope to contribute more in '24. :star2:

9 Likes

I don’t FB or Twit but I might make an exception to hang out with you fine gentlemen

2 Likes

Bravo…eloquently said

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Oh aye - forgot the capper, lol!

Merry Christmas to you (and all)!

2 Likes

This place is a safe neighborhood with great neighbors… I feel comfortable here… finally found a forum where for the most part the people are genuine and not ostentatious or pompous

4 Likes

Aye it is and a big :christmas_tree::santa:t2::tada: thank you to @ZeosPantera for bankrolling this crazy place, god bless you all, hope you all have a very Merry and :notes: Christmas and I’m looking forward to 24’s music, kit and banter :tada::peace_symbol::beers:

11 Likes

Yeah Steve’s a cool dude… self-conscious about his looks though… him and Chris are pretty much the originators of ’ the hand ’ presentation on Youtube… but I’m pretty much preaching to the choir here

I imitate Steve and Chris and Paul ( Wasabii ) and Jeff ( Hi-Fri ) hand gestures… got you guys down pat

my wife laughs but she still thinks I’m an idiot

3 Likes

There is absolutely, positively no way that Kai is already one, bro…. No way it’s been a year already since that little dude changed your life.

That is shocking to me how quickly time has passed… wow. Funnily enough, I was looking back on my sons first bday photos just the other day, shout out to @MMag05 for recovering my entire 4 TB HDD completely for free, I thought I’d lost those photos forever but nah, I looked back on them a week ago after getting the new HDD back from Mags and man, I can’t believe it’s already been 6 years nearly.

The journey is just beginning, brother. Here’s to another one :clinking_glasses: :christmas_tree:

7 Likes

Merry Christmas, brother - thank you so much again for your generosity this year :handshake::christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Tempus Fugit. Kai is about to be one, literally feels like yesterday. So, happy birthday Kai. Here’s hoping you get spoilt rotten (as we say in my neck of the woods). As I said in a previous post, it will seem like no time at all before he’s asking to borrow your car keys!!!

2 Likes