Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I got the shingles vaccine when I was 51.

3 Likes

I am applying to my doctor’s surgery, as I have a depleted immune system. You don’t get if you don’t ask!

1 Like

Long time no Tinhifi

7 Likes

Didn’t think I’d see the day when a non-DD tops the list. This hobby continues to surprise!

“Tactical slam without ultra boosted bass”…like the RN6?

2 Likes

This track with no EQ vibes as much or more than anything I have. It is a clarity beast on top.

Yes, more boom than Rn6 same track at 77dB out of Cayin N30le and my adi 2dac

5 Likes

Congrats man! Even though we gotta go through the shitty moments, hopefully the good ones taste a little sweeter for it.

As someone who aspires to be able to own/collect something like this one day, one theme I’d like to see more of in the industry this year is a commitment to quality customer service and repairability programmes at higher price points. Bake it into the price or make it clear on the website about what aftercare is available. I don’t know if it’s there yet or not but it often feels like this hobby is getting increasingly mature and mainstream. A lot of people are knockin’ with cash to drop after wanting something higher than AirPods. One day we will look back upon the wild west of the chifi days (or are we there?)

Best wishes to the family and to everyone here. Roll on…

4 Likes

Thanks man. Hope your family is doing well and have a great 2024 :confetti_ball:

My life is awesome.

I think we are there already with the wildcard slash roadblock being sellers and their dumb sh** and reviewers who put up with it.
Companies want profit and will work for it if given the directions/mission statement.
The interface between factory and customer (sellers) is the true disaster the keeps on giving.

EXAMPLE:
rtty

Still available for checkout?? That means in stock right??
right-natalie-portman

I ordered because the site said it was in stock.

Canceling an item you don’t even have should be easy right??

wrong-not-right

Ch ch chiiiiii fiiiiiii!!!

17 Likes

I’m still searching for good bone conduction drivers, not looking into the midrange ones tho, maybe someday I’ll check those sonion ones out.
Learnt my mistake with the expandable body type BCs. I’ll need an actuator with a fixed body, where the moving part is within and can shake the any fixed body/enclosure it is put into. By the end of this year hopefully I’ll get something working.

@hawaiibadboy speaking of the bone conduction stuff, there’s a friend of mine who does it, although it’s only for ciems, he has 2 BCs operating in 2 different axis, calls it the MASG
multi axial sound generator. He runs the brand called deer ears. Do see if anyone is interested to try his stuff out.
Currently he got 2 iems heading to mark (mrs) but its without the MASG tech.

Apos Audio refunded.
Shenzen did as well …they did it really quickly.

6 Likes

200w (13)

10 Likes

19 Likes

I’ve read somewhere a while ago BC in this set benefit the most out of custom fit compared to UM. :wink:

Chris, do you get your Raven back or you decided to refund?

2 Likes

I still have Raven, no problems. :notes: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Any videos coming on it? Bassy sets comparison maybe? I see you didn’t put it high on rank list, curious on some more of your opinions on it. Aside from 2pin thing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It is actually going to be in full Canpur vid in discussion about BCD and what is going on cuz the Canpur white sheet shows it peaking at eargain but it vibes…other BCD have mid bass and same upper mid energy but don’t…might be the shell thickness eating the hits? It will be coming up though (Raven)
I got big respect for Jack’s handling of the issue.
That had to hurt but he protected the brand longterm.
True Empire Ear fans should be proud. He made the hard and best move

7 Likes

Yeah, the recall was the most logical no BS way to fix the situation, great move despite small percentage of bad units. It’s better being able to get the replaced item you are sure made properly than rolling the dice every time you switch cables.

And looks like proprietary coupled woofers in storm already have serious competition. The reign wasn’t so long.

2 Likes

Turns out my uncle is just fine…thanks for the concern…he sent me vids of all the shit rattling in his house from the initial hit…just happened to be holding his cam… and the aftershocks

…but he asked me not to post the vids

glad to here you and yours is copacetic

2 Likes

Maybe…

3 Likes

I’m not sure so do take my words with a pinch of salt,
The ones the storm used were based on the 38d1xj if I’m right, could be the 38d2xj as well. The canpur got the BC, probably that’s the upper hand here, Chris can better explain the actual performance since he owns those two.

2 Likes