Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

on the multipack of velvets i have, the smaller sizes are relatively smooth at the seam. however, the seam on the sizes i can actually wear are horrible and incredibly irritating, the opposite of “smoothest ever”

Dude, seriously!!! I wrote this same thing when I first got them. I find them to be a more accessible, slightly less expensive, worse radius deep mount.

I’ve tried so many tips already but the most comfortable for me so far has to go to the TRN-T tips. The Sancai tips are very nice as well, but they seem to reduce bass a little too much for me personally.

4 Likes

I just remembered, my current iem is like 6.35mm at the nozzle. Earlier it was around 6.75mm, the bump on the nozzle for eartips grip just straight up made the velvets uncomfortable…

1 Like

I saw those at Bloom Audio…they’re only about 40 minutes away

talk about high end shit there…knowledgeable staff…but don’t go in there uninitiated…and don’t ever…ever bring up KZ

and don’t ever suggest Starline flip tips…

though I have to admit they are pretty ghetto good

3 Likes

Just ordered some kbears and the knock off jvc spiral dots,and different size velvets🥴

7 Likes

These are looking really good at ~$160-170. Huge endorsement from @ToneDeafMonk too.

I urge you to get your hands on a set @hawaiibadboy

6 Likes

Some people complain but I think they’re very comfortable…even with the seam around the periphery

It’s kinda behind the highest diameter of the head…so I don’t notice it…they just don’t seal as well as the xelastecs

2 Likes

Order a pair a couple days ago thanks to @ToneDeafMonk

2 Likes

I love how they feel…buttery bby

3 Likes

The Isley Brothers sample in this is dope and its urban poetry with a beat

Geto Boys statement on urban oppression. It builds to Bushwicks final verse which is an all time hip hop classic.

This is a bit later but Bun B is an OG from UGK outta Texas and this is a banger…straight up well versed banger

Jay Z got owned in this by Amil, it’s perfect for v shaped tuning with synth and 808 drops and has a dope beat. My pro car audio system had the hardest time w/it. Not a lower crossover on subs (60Hz) RAPALOT or higher (75Hz) Death Row…was atough one…but it’s a get up and move track

What to say? This is/should be part of any 90’s collection…just epic beat,verses…one of the best hip hop tracks ever made reflects the time well

This is almost DQ by date but just a bit…it’s banger and lyrics and production aretop notch

Was only on cassette not CD for so long many folks forgot…was best track on CD and I was bouncing around my car screaming “WEST SiiiiiiDE”"!!! If you have a big system this vibe hit will hurricane your car…total chaos of a song and bass hit

I was raised in the city, shitty
Ever since I was an itty bitty kitty
Drinkin’ liquor out my momma’s titty

ATL = Westside

6 Likes

Oooh have you heard this one? It’s got a nice sound and it’s mastered pretty well I think!

1 Like

I’ve heard it somewhere ye, not in my library. It’s mastered very well too :smile:

1 Like

Thank you, ill get all the songs today and give them a listen.

1 Like

Divinus Velvet are literally the only tips I’ve found that will work on my Fatfreq Maestro SE while still sounding good. I have tiny ears so anything else just doesn’t go in or sounds awful.

I’m actually astounded by how accurate their marketing is:
Extremely easy to clean? ✓ I can rub a finger over them and instantly remove all dust, wax, anything.
Unique shape for better stability? ✓ They actually hold those giant Maestros in my ears where nothing else could, and don’t cause any pain.
Narrow base to attach more firmly to IEMs? ✓ Well, they probably stay on better than any others I’ve tried.
Wide core for better high- and low-end? ✓ They’ve elevated my earphones to sound even better than I could have imagined.
Textured surface for pressure release? ✓ It works a charm, completely eliminates the Maestro SE’s well-known pressure issues and allows me to slip them in without thinking. With other tips I had to wiggle them around for half a minute to get it sealed but not too sealed, if you know what I mean.

I was expecting at least half of that to just be empty marketing fluff, but it’s 100% accurate.

I probably sound like such a shill rn but I cannot understate how impressed I am with those tips. I had almost resigned to going custom until I tried these, but now I’m completely satisfied with my IEMs (not a common occurrence in our hobby :smiley:).

10 Likes

4 Likes

Velvets are also my favourite tip right now, without a doubt. I feel like they have the best combination of comfort, ease of cleaning, overall sound balance, etc. Sure they’re reasonably pricey but also not even close to the most expensive option out there. I have small ears too, and even though the smallest size is about as big as I’d want, it’s working out great so far.

I like them so much that I’ve already talked to Divinus to get bulk pricing for a set of all 5 sizes to include with my IEM. Funds permitting, I plan to go that route.

Great tip!

5 Likes

Geto Fantasy…wasn’t expecting to be hit like that today…not that I’ve known those troubles, but sometimes the bass groove is the key that lets the message through if that makes sense.

One to share if I may: O.M.C - labelled as one hit wonders with their hit single, ‘how bizzare’, but feel there’s more to it. Grew up in a rough neighbourhood of NZ as I understand. The land makes the people, makes the music, a vibe that has some kind of ‘mana’ speaking through. Hah, that got too deep, too quick!

Don’t want to spam but check out the depth charge remix of this if you can. The bass note on that track hits so deep it would be a beast on the canpur’s.

Enough philosophising from me…time to take a break from the screens for a while, get some of this fresh air I keep hearing about. Have a blessed day everyone…

1 Like

This for my man Steve Clark…he would have been 63 years old…we all make mistakes along our path…there aren’t any promises…only that some get called and some get saved…RIP my guitar hero…

3 Likes

According to those graphs…I’m really looking forward to the Scarlets now…shell thickness and material really does play a part…

My Legatos with it’s aluminum shell really quells the tactile sensation even though it has prodigious amounts of bass when q’d

My Mext easily vibrates the most but according to that graph the Scarlets should theoretically vibrate more…hmm…very interesting

My Mext on a watt overpowers even my ASG 2.5s in vibration…though the Aurisonics feel like a billow in my ear with the port fully open

Even the SEs don’t vibrate as much…they are not q’d though…only the Legatos and the 2.5s get the treatment

3 Likes

Scarlet sticks with the Canpur at 55…Canpur pulls away above that though…but I love 55

Only in IEMs though…

2 Likes