Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Huayunxin 11mm one
I need a solid state one, their 16mm just got damped the moment I tried to install it :pensive:

1 Like

Can check this oem out.

2 Likes

I feel your pain brother…and then you post on a board and all these people chime in with their bullshit about it’s not the companies fault and every other reason when they are not in the driver’s seat themselves…if the shoe was on the other foot

I’m reasonable and realize that things are sometimes out of said companies control but some companies out and out just lie for the sale…that is bad business in regards to holding on to repeat customers…but their reasoning is ’ there’s always another fish ’

I find that unethical and unacceptable

2 Likes

Like a mexican jumping bean… kind of…rip one out of a phone :+1:

1 Like

Definitely need to try those 2 in combo
Z axis and x axis…
Hopefully they are powerful and also requiring less power to drive…
I wanna feel the drummer sitting in my iem and kicking the kick drum in my ears :rofl:

I remember you wanting a 20" sub
I can try to give a 20mm dd in ears at best :rofl:

2x14.2mm =~20mm performance ish.

4 Likes

Two ASG 2.5s stuffed in each ear…I’m down…where do I sign

1 Like

You’ll probably lose your patience with me tho tbh :sweat_smile:

It’s 3699sgd (around 2.7k$)
Prolly wanna wait until Chris drops the review once i send his unit.

3 Likes

How much labor in one unit…if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

Labour? My charges for labour, idk
I’m barely making almost a 1000sgd (800~900 ish) honestly and I got debts to pay…
It’s going 25 units for the first run. 3 ordered so far…

From r & d to design , tuning, assembly and finish. All done by me. I weave the cable as well. It’s custom wired. It’s got monobass so true 2.1 experience. I’m planning to break subbass boost graph completely so expect 30db boost ig :rofl:

9 Likes

I believe it is…works out of his house…maybe not where he warehouses though

1 Like

Who doesn’t…

that’s not a bass shelf…that’s a…

3 Likes

Graphs are… deceiving.
The monobass makes it even cleaner. It’s kinda a rudimentary crossfeed as well…
It centers the bass giving it a much cleaner, deeper and stronger bass replay.

Each side has both channels only for bass. I’ve even wired them such that even if you switch the cable sides, the LR audio will still play correctly :rofl:

3 Likes

there’s always room in my house for another IEM…all are welcome…my wife is oblivious to what I spend

if she’d know…I’d be sleeping in the hoosegow…or the outhouse…well maybe not the hoosegow…but definitely the outhouse

2 Likes

I’ve had my eye on the HCK Topguy…I’m a sucker for single DDs…have several and if I had to pick one type of IEM tech for life…it would be the single DD…simple old tech that just works for most of my library

Strangely enough Steven (Z) just did a review…very interested

2 Likes

This carbon faceplate is the one available in the States…

1 Like

I like single dd too, recently I’ve only heard people hyping about the nightjar singularity tho. I might have a plan down the line, i intend to make a special single dd, probably something like the s15 (planar+pr) but better. PR isn’t an active driver so it’s still single dd :rofl:. Im conceptualizing a magic here. Even my current iem was a magical thought which slowly took form over the 1 year I’ve been working on it.

The single dd, I’m imagining it to be a mix of something like the singularity and monarch mk2/3 probably?

Combo of awesome bass and tech, pushing the limits of a single dd… That’s the ultimate goal.

My current daily driver is FAudio dark sky. I used to have hola and z300…
Hola is dead, z300 is lost. :pensive:

1 Like

Dont bother with PR in iems…complete meme.

The S15 “PR” is more like the HDSS tech.

1 Like

Excelente…people get too hung up on tech…if I put a tin can with a string in my ear and it sounds good…that’s all I need

2 Likes

The Original MiM Dark Magician is an example of what can be achieved with the tried and true single DD config, as is SoftEars Twilight.

4 Likes