Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

So true…Twilight is magnifico…this whole journey manufacturers have taken in recent years is rather ridiculous…but some people have FOMO

and tech sells…evidently

2 Likes

guess we have the same sense of humor

2 Likes

For those interested in the Sonic Memory SW2
A comment on the SW2 is they made an error supplying 3.5mn single end cable these tiny iems need power to perform after switching to 4.4mm balanced using the Shanling M6 Ultra on high gain at 40 or the Hiby R8 in turbo mode high gain volume set at 62 the bass deepens and warms up , improving dynamics, the imaging improves the resolution is more apparent the mids thicken up giving superb natural detailed vocals the treble is less strident.
Conversely on the Sony Nw-WM1A or Zx507 even on balanced the bass is there but not as satisfying the mids are thin but still natural timbre just recessed and the treble is more prominent.
With balanced and enough power the SW2 is unmatched in my collection and I have single DD iems over the £700 price bracket.
This and the OD200 are the perfect Ying and Yang of my collection. The technicals and resolution on the SW2 is just on another level even when compared to many multi driver sets in my collection. When considering that it’s an 8mm DD I find this incredible

Using the wood tuning nozzles with an included filter added

2 Likes

This is the look on my brother-in-law’s face when I first gave him my PR2s…it changed afterwards

and no…I don’t dislike him…but he is a newb…hopefully this doesn’t disuade him from moving further in the hobby

I’m not a planar guy but if I decide to dip my ear back into the planar pool…I’m thinking of these

But it’s like slapping a potato pancake on the side of your head

1 Like

Does Musicteck not have Canpur in hand right now? I assumed they did since it id listed in stock

2 Likes

I have (and love) the old version GL20s and have the GL30s in my basket :smiley:
Stock they(GL20s) are not for everyone but the react pretty nice to EQ.

Looking forward to hear if you get them and what you think about the GL30s.

In musical works use both mono bass and stereo bass, here on the first screenshot mono bass.

On the second stereo.

If you made the headphones play only mono bass, it will be strange for the listener, because sound producers specifically use either stereo bass or mono bass in their tracks. For example, if the sound producer wanted to transmit stereo bass to make the listener feel the surround and you limited it to mono, then the playback of these tracks will be wrong, not as the sound producer intended.

Also for example. surrund bass.

4 Likes

I’ve tested a few playbacks to certain extent, for one, physically the secondary channel bass driver only plays below 120/100hz, a fundamental frequency region where bass starts monomising in actual listening rooms.
I won’t deny there’s possibility of destruction of the bass image, especially when mixes are specifically made to have stereo bass content, the impact however should mostly be very negligible i suppose. I haven’t had particular tracks where I’ve found it to be a disadvantage, it’s also mostly natural with bineural recordings as well…

Only example of a weird occurrence was when i was listening to a particular jazz track by John coltrane, the kick drum during initial recording played on the right had a bit off a bounce off from the left stage as well. I’ve had a very similar experience in reality also but at a lower intensity iirc when i hear kick drums in a band’s performance…

My monobass idea is an experimental one definitely, I’m not one to claim it’s perfect or accurate. The only intention is to represent a true 2.1 setup where you have 2 monitors and a single subwoofer at the center.

1 Like

Here’s a good article.

As for track mixing in headphones, I can recommend dSONIQ Realphones program.

2 Likes

I also use the program as a tool.
A handy tool for analyzing sound.
MiniMeters https://minimeters.app/

2 Likes

In the case of the CP32E MODEL SPECIFICALLY, no, they are waiting on restock despite the fact that it has shown “In Stock” this whole time. As far as any other model on the site, impossible to know. That said, he is expecting restock and will expedite shipping on arrival for me which is the best thing he can offer in this situation.

2 Likes

I ran into that witha set of Noble that looked incredible but it was actually a made on order set iirc?
Thanks for the reply

3 Likes

Since I respect what Chris just had to say about GL30…I’m putting it on the back burner

Like I said…I’m not a planar guy so it would have to be exceptional set and at over 700 I can think of better ways to spread out my coin

But never say never

1 Like

Just emailed Andrew about availability of the CP622B…says low stock online…waiting for reply…it’s early around here and he’s near me

2 Likes

Cool. Yeah GL30 is not for me with vocals but is has a huge stage. Fit is unique but alright. Build and presentation are top notch

1 Like

The 622B just changed from “In Stock” to “Low Stock” from yesterday to today, so I’m guess that it is probably an accurate indicator. It also means that people are throwing $$$$ lol.

1 Like

Once again you saved me…I’m starting to get into a more ref sound and want my vocals more forward…a more refined palate I would say

But I’ll never give up the bass shelf…live and die by that

That’s why I’m digging what Thieaudio is doing lately…I got Hype 10 incoming as well as the U4s…don’t know why I bought the 64 because I just got rid of the U12t

But I’m a out and out junkie

As well as the Scarlet as you know…I just had to have that mofo in my crib

3 Likes

Same. Not negotiating the bass player and drum kit and the backbone of all of my library.
Saw a reviewer mention he doesn’t believe in earphones being suited for certain genre’
giphy - 2024-01-08T231028.598

Must be nice to give zero fucks about other peoples money…NOT

3 Likes

Achilles Last Stand is a great song, and Presence is one my most listened to Zeppelin albums.

I always think that Achilles Last Stand and Kashmir changed the way people thought of rock music. I know they are consider traditional hard rock, those tracks flirt with progressive in all the best ways.

6 Likes

Fuck no…that’s why I only watch Linus videos :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like