Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Dude wtf that’s huge - I have been waiting for Maka for a while now. I remember seeing a small glimps of em and they look beautiful. Depending on tuning, I may be able to justify buying both - especially if they’re months apart.

How much longer we gotta wait, bad boy!? :pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

So prepare to blow up my tier lists…

Good to know, especially if you’re saying to punt on your own $35 set. That is a higher recommendation than I think you even realize

3 Likes

This a hifigo exclusive?

Anyone share a link , I don’t have a DD set ,keep giving all my starter sets away to budding audio enthusiasts

1 Like

The budget sector is just crazy now.
Good times for the hobby.

2 Likes

Linsoul.
Pretty sure.

1 Like

Definitely good times - much respect for pointing us in the right direction regardless if it’s your set or not - that’s commendable, brother :handshake:

6 Likes

Hey @hawaiibadboy, is it safe to crazy glue a cap back on a Kai set? It looks like the insertion pegs didn’t break but nothing is snapping back in place.

1 Like

Of course man :call_me_hand:
All good gears get the hype. :notes: :heart_on_fire:

yes. a silicon gel would be best but a small dab of super should not be a prob.

2 Likes

You love your Serial be interested in you take looks like a slightly brighter Serial is that’s the case I will blind buy this one 4 sure!

1 Like

This explains some things…

2 Likes

It also looks like there’s some options of what to prioritize with a similar overall tuning between the Cadenza and Hexa:

Yeah! I was thinking they looked similar with the Cadenza having greater fullness where I like greater fullness.

2 Likes

Anyone know how big the Beryllium DD in Cadenza is? Is it a single DD IEM btw?

1 Like

Silicon* gel or silicone* gel?

1 Like

Sorry, Silicone. :v:

Single 10mm beryllium coated DD

4 Likes

Thank ya dude. :sunglasses:

1 Like

So, little update from before, (I believe the initial post is in part 1) but a pair of Rosefinch and QKZxHBB died on me, the left side specifically. I went with the advice @Rikudou_Goku & @Ohmboy gave me, putting the set in a ziplock back and placing some silica packs in there. I left them in the zip locks for about 2 whole days. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

I got down and dirty today and decided, the hell with this, I’m fixing these bad boys.

I ripped the filter off of both sets (left side) and wanted to see if it was the driver, or if it just was the filters blocking the sound.

Behold - my QKZ AND my Rosefinch now work flawlessly.

A few notes - the QKZ is genuinely built really well. Getting the filter off the nozzle was an absolute hassle. It was on there good. The adhesive was strong. I actually broke my little plastic tweezers getting the filter off so I had to resort to forcing it down into the nozzle with a pen (Risky business) I know I know, probably not the best way of doing it but I was thinking to my self “if the driver is actually broken, who cares”, so I went for it.

I’m happy I now have two pairs of Rosefinch :sweat_smile: and my QKZ is back in business.

12 Likes

So the sound came back after you removed the filter? Was it perhaps being blocked by wax instead of just moisture?

Oh and you might want to buy metal tweezers instead of plastic, those break pretty easily.

5 Likes

It definitely had to of been wax. I don’t have the filter anymore but it definitely did not appear to be filled up with wax at all, I’m just going to assume my left ear produces way more wax than my right because this is probably 4 sets now that I’ve encountered this issue (hence the reason why I have extra filters and the tweezers in the first place).

I’m definitely going to pick up those metal tweezers you linked me to, plus some more filters. Thanks again for your suggestion :handshake:

4 Likes

Glad that turned out well.
You learned some D.I.Y :hammer_and_wrench: and how your anatomy is impacting your music joy. :hear_with_hearing_aid:
And how to fix it.
9 times outta 10 it is likely the case which makes the shipping a budget set back to china or even considering that miserable option…happily off the table. :heavy_dollar_sign:

3 Likes