Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Those will be the notifications that will be most enjoyed and least expected. In it this long.

@hawaiibadboy hopefully it wont have a 365 in the name.

My wait will be shorter. I was able to secure a Unity from Plunge Audio. ETA Siman did say he should be able to get it out by thursday.

Edit: Almost blew my ears out again this morning listining to OSTs of movies. Got to Dark Blue/violet on the first song of pirates. On the Mojo 2 and the EJ and no gear to test so hopefully not too uhm… bad.

3 Likes

Your outlay was a bit more…I’m losin it over 650ish…I’d go ballistic over the coin you shelled out

I would love a face to face with someone at FF…I’d read them the riot act

1 Like

Goldern it, I lost one of my Olina SE earphones (stupid two pin connector constantly makes the earphones fall off the cable) and now I discover they’re discontinued!

What earphones have the same sound signature? @hawaiibadboy how could you do this to me?

The wife said I was miserably grumpy old git for not providing a proper photo! So here goes, 60 years old and somewhat weather worn!

26 Likes

any of ya bassheads tried out Ziigat’s Doscinco yet? they’re marketing that isobaric config and my sister’s Pula PA02 will bite the bullet at some point with her active lifestyle

so I’m thinking of ideas for replacements, without breaking my dosh

1 Like

I have a brand new Olina SE if you’re interested. Still in the box and plastic-wrapped :blush: It might be your lucky day!

1 Like

They cawling me…

1 Like

PM’d
10 characters

1 Like

If anyooz happen to be in my neck of the woods and metal or hard rock is your thing…this is a must stop

by far the best metal oasis on the east coast

Only sacks are welcome

childhood friend of mine is the proprietor…Jimmy Duff’s the name…tell him Adrian sent ya

the man himself…in the middle

4 Likes

Andrew has them back in stock…

2 Likes

Nice usb-c cable from DdHifi…industrial

Just in case Luca Brasi gets out of line…

8 Likes

@BASS_0Range
We are on 236 days since I sent $1,600 to you.
If you are unable to fullfill I’d like my cash back.
I don’t mind donating to animal charity but not to IEM makers.
I was hoping for an update but I always have to reach out first.

6 Likes

That cable looks like you could beat me silly with it. Their USB C is the tightest, best fitting OTG cable I could find. Been using one of there short data/power separate. I love Velcro.

Is the @Toecutter using Audioengine A2+?

Hopefully things can get sorted out in a timely manner.
I admire that you help those that can not help themselves. Huge respect.

Do not know if you all have pets but this was my best friend.

R.I.P. Bibep

17 Likes

@prashv I will use for thumbnail. With your permission. If you wanna sign it…download and adjust how you like and sign on left so yt floating logo doesn’t block it when folks see it

2 Likes

Sorry man, I’ve been falling apart recently, due to the my dad’s property stuff, i understand that personal problems arent really taken into the business side of things, I’m the only one guy doing this so its affecting this…

I’ve been working on your unit without rest, been running into a problem i can’t figure out if it’s unit problem or shell problem or something else entirely… The DDs aren’t consistent, graphs off by 3-4db sometimes there’s backwards leaks or inconsistent 200hz bump (earbud dd resonant point)
I want to find the exact problem I’m running into here…

I’ll get back to you on an update soon by tomorrow or so.

I’m prepping a modified design, just incase, where the DDs are individually sealed. That way I can narrow down the issue, if the new design works better, might as well go with that. (Same config but the dds are shifted and sealed individually).

4 Likes

That pic I’ve sealed DDs inside, I’ve lost almost 6dds in last few days…

Reason it takes long is shell prep, my stupid ass design and amateur finishing skills, everytime I seal the dd in, i gotta get a super clear coating on the dd window, gotta make sure the subwoofer module is sealed properly. The bass tube or the pressure relief tube isn’t clogged by the clear coating, including the dampers in them, the dampers are harder to fit later on cuz shell shrinks during initial curing. After all this, gotta install the back tube from outside the shell and pass through the bass chamber into the back port out on the subwoofer module. The tube then seals the back chamber airflow, but, this is the make it or break it part, if wrong it leads to backwaves leaking into the chamber if tube doesn’t seal well…

It’s absolutely fucked to build, not just simply print shells and just load drivers in…
New design is a bit similar but individually sealed, so hope it shows something…

3 Likes

Whoa!! No need to sign. Conversely, If you wanted any adjustments just let me know.
Happy that I can contribute in some small way to the channel, thanks.

1 Like

I gotta fit in 1920 x 1080 box
If you wanna make it even more nuts go for it…
The only thing i want and you can do in your way is the dad and kid w/dialogue boxes.
Your idea was more dope than anything i could come up with.
The crazy basshead vibes…you got the touch. :heart: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

After that first one, I started thinking, heaven was tryin’ to stop you from getting this out into the world, so Hades broke you out and heavens light was furiously chasing you before you could get to hell. Ah yeh, I never grew up…

Not at all an artist, just had the image in my head so quickly used the preview app and alpha tool…so I can quickly remake it, and move things about, get rid of the album art if you wish, things like that. Take like 30 minutes if you’re in a rush.

If you wanted something different entirely from my rudimentary efforts…carpet ride was the first image in my head but later realised highway to hell was appropriate. Was gonna use this image…the dad/son walking through that would be cool. Have to pay a small amount for this image (artist selling on etsy), but I don’t mind, been watching the channel for years, happy to contribute anyway I can. Can try it before hand to see if it works or not.

3 Likes

Holy shit…that looks like a nice gate to hell
I can send you sum cash for the efforts.
Bass…Hell…daddy and son …boom!!

2 Likes