Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I hit the ‘big Ben’…sweet

4 Likes

Hey Bro, I have just not added it yet.
Scarlet is much less grainy and rough compared to Maestro mini.
Scarlet is a much better set all around and it slams harder.
The wait is brutal (see post below) so buying a 2nd hand set might be best if you can…or you don’t mind waiting.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast answer! Would you say the scarlet mini works well for a wide range of music genres ? And also for the typical day to day stuff like watching videos etc ? I read all the reviews on headfi and on YouTube and basically all of them said the scarlet mini is niche only working for bass heavy genres and not much more while the maestro mini works for every genre. Since the wait time is so long I wanna make sure I get the IEM that slams hard but I can also daily drive for any situation and genre since I don’t have a huge IEM collection. And it would be my primary one I use

That’s literally the opposite of everyone I talk to.
It’s an everyday carry for folks with a love for bass.
The maestro mini is a a 1 trick only. it has clear and obvious BA tambre that makes anything beyond upper mids rough and at higher volume rougher

Everybody said the Elysian Anni was audiophile and the “X” was for EDM

I paid $3000+ to discover it was the exact opposite and sold the “V” anni very quickly and eventually X

Scarlet is another level above Maestro mini which treats cymbals like torture tools.
The wait is brutal so i don’t rec waiting but for genre gliding on shuffle? Scarlet over mni all…day…long

5 Likes

I trust your opinion much more since I have already a track record of buying gear that you reccd and I was never disappointed. In this case since the wait time is brutal (FF saying 3 weeks in the email must be a lie then) is there an IEM you would recommend as a layover in the price range of 0-250? I used the Ex800st taped for a long time loved the bass but it kinda drowned the mids so I got the IKKO OH10 like 2 years ago which basically fixed that, although obviously the bass wasn’t as visceral it still went beautifully low, and hit hard when it needed to. Unfortunately the left one just decided to die and IKKO isn’t selling it anymore here. The OH10S would be the obvious upgrade but it doesn’t come out until the 20th march. Wondering about options I have just to get something to hold me until I get my hands on the scarlet mini. Appreciate it!

1 Like

8 Likes

I appreciate the trust.

This guy has the Scarlet…skip going direct to FF when there is stock with a trusted seller. The set is pretty epic.
I cannot think of a good replacement for OH10 in it’s price range tbh.
Send a mail to andrew and confirm stock (sure he has) and enjoy the set you had your eye on. It is the better of the 2 by quite a bit (maestro mini v.s. Scarlet…Scarlet all day long)

6 Likes

They really outta update that or take it down…
Clearly 3 weeks is a tough make for em right now

1 Like

Gosh cant thank you enough. Just ordered from there. Yea Fat Freq… Kinda scummy not gonna lie especially because i explicitly asked them via email how long the lead time is and they stick to the 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Ellie’s not even responding to emails now…

6 Likes

jason-momoa-chair

When the gloves come off…

4 Likes

Just blind bought these…it’s bad when it snows and I have no chores lined up…hard on my purse

13 Likes

I’m thinking the same thing. I might wait another month or two. Trying to stay away from blind buys….They look very promising though!

3 Likes

EE is on that doorstep…Murica’

5 Likes

literally…

All systems are go. Money silos are ready. wallet hatch opening in…

(Cinco)tres…Dos(cinco)…(ifi)uno…

2 Likes

This rig is right up Rick Nielsen’s alley…

what’s the matter…you can’t handle 15 strings…only 14…amateur hour

2 Likes

No more EE for me…EVO had channel imbalance after a couple weeks…don’t know if a driver crapped out…crossover problems…who the fuck knows…not a big fan of the tune anyway

2 Likes

This hobby is so brutal, it’s insane. There’s a hype blind buy around every corner, if I had 5% less self control, I’d probably be on a 1 way train to bankruptcy and divorce with all the spending I’d do.

The Ziigaat stuff looks super solid. Chris, would you do some comparisons between the Jupiter and the newer stuff from Ziigaat? I think that’d be interesting and I know you, you’re an honest af guy.

7 Likes

Dom…every hobby is brutal…at least the expensive ones…which I always have a tendency to gravitate towards…got into drones a few years back…looking back…holy crap that was a lot…didn’t notice until I took inventory

why can’t I get into a cheap hobby…like

4 Likes