Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

That BA has 180 (mm³) of volume…Sonion’s highest output…I think

and flat to below 20 hz…that could explain the freakish output of the Canpur

7 Likes

That would explain a lot however…

It’s not remotely tuned like that yet still slams harder than any set I own…ASG, EX800, all of Fatfreq
To be extremely specific…all sets adjusted via a 450Hz test tone and adjusted to an output of 77dB
measured

So that Sonion looks great but Canpur isn’t doing that 25dB mountain
EDIT: it does on extreme hits like video posted FEEL like 20dB…doesn’t graph anywhere near that…hence me buying a tool and still not understanding

1 Like

Remember when you graphed the Mest/Mext and the pinna was so recessed but didn’t sound like that at all…the BC had to be doing its thing in that area

maybe the BC is the culprit in Canpurs case as well

2 Likes

I mean…the Mest doesn’t sound like it graphs

1 Like

Do you really always have to make the first move…that’s fucked up

Painting a bad picture for me about him

1 Like

He got my $1,600 and another guys and neither of us got our set. I thought it was a polish and outter box away and it turns out the whole project is in shambles and he’s stuck.
I’m out.
Worst mistake/investment in 10 years in the hobby.
I’m very much anti Kickstarter and ended up in one sideways.
c017e4d8-b889-4a4f-9262-f00207d34e5d_text

I’m not mad anymore
(so that dude can just evaporate)
I’m just going away

2 Likes

Just combine this sonion with a planar and call it the hercules or whatever. A new era of slam is born! :muscle:

New era already arrived…compared to prior 10 years anyway.

whatever lacks in the method applies to all sets.
That’s a DD based hybrid set v.s. a BA and some parts of a BCD though the BCD white paper shows nothing in mid bass. Baffling.
But it vibes in my ear.
I’m going to get a CIEM

3 Likes

Keep rubbing it in …why don’t ya… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Shanling AE3, from 2020 or so…

I believe HBB had a pair.

1 Like

Not the largest BA Sonion offers, but probably the most efficient. That’s the wrong datasheet, the D2X is notably different to the D1X. Much more subbass focused. I know this because I have both drivers (and datasheets) on hand.

6 Likes

I’m putting my money into CIEM today and since I cannot reshell I’m buying a 2nd set at about same price as uni for a $7000 investment…and it is still at combined cost , best investment I have made in this hobby.
If I sell uni to a guy at 50% I invested $5.5k ish for best set in my stable…I’m totally alright with that.

EDIT: it’s 3799 and I’m doing smoked clear shells and gold and silver caps

8 Likes

Plenty high end for me, and in fact here’s an early preview for you guys of a review due to be published soon: TechPowerUp

4 Likes

If you end up selling the universal CP622B, let me know!

Edit: Whoops, I thought these two posts would combine into a single one. Sorry mods!

2 Likes

oh snap!! :eyes:

oh no!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For AE3, we adopt a 38D2 composite balanced armatures, designed by Shanling and Sonion.

Looks like that was a collab for Shanling

2 Likes

how do they stack up on the bass vibe chart? :thinking:

I don’t think it is same model, but I’ll check it tomorrow.
Can’t belive I still got it :melting_face:

Also of note:
I’ll never get to see a STORM SLAM tech BA cuz…I ain’t opening a $5000 Earphone
The Canpur had clear shell options and i thought…“I really wanna see that”
Then was told that model cannot come in a clear shell.
I’m cool w/that but reinforces my original thought that it is related to implemntation
and what a basshead hears is just a magnified version of what everyone is supposed to get to a lesser extnt.
Facinating shit
Love it

5 Likes

That dude…as you so graciously put it…he’s no dude of mine…almost roped me in too…I have a lot to say about this matter but I’ll shut up because you don’t need to hear it…

Fuck it…I’m so tempted…but I’ll STFU

1 Like

Say what you like. This is not a safe area for folks or companies or sellers who f*** around.
I ate 16 hundred. I have no cares about folks feelings.
If you were approached to invest while others are in month 8 of waiting…I’m not even surprised

3 Likes