Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I try to always store them at least in a pouch with a teabag now. I got those booties with the Mentor, Mest and Canpur, they should def put one with every decent sets. I think most of little scratches come from shells rubbing each others.
Im near Cannes and the frontshore so that could be it, feels like the surface of the sun in summer and somehow usually wet early mornings.
Thanks for the tips.

3 Likes

…keep calm, walk tall and listen to psytrance… :blush:

Had some bad experiences on ali so tend to avoid, but have family that work in audiology so will bother them about a drying box. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Cleans up by 300…little spice and everything’s nice at 3 to 4…me likey…but I have the Doscinco’s inbound… cohort in crime coming…I guess

Like the look of the bass shelf…midb over subb…but the quality of the drivers :thinking:…graphs only tell you so much

4 Likes

248a26a3ffdc38d69c9f1b946df7676c

7 Likes

You lucky SOB…I’ve been to the French Riv…probably my fav part of France…a lot of macaronis

3 Likes

You lookin at somethin UM…

I bet it’s the exact same cable than the Mentor, rebranded like the one for Le Jardin and they keep cranking up the price. Have you had the chance to listen to the Jardin? I almost took the plunge for it not long ago, just seems like a Mentor without the BC frequency shift tech

2 Likes

Well you get used to everthing… i can’t deny this is a nice area, with indeed a lot of Macaronis in every sense :pinched_fingers: (love them both)

1 Like

It’s the same cables. It’s unweildy and microphonic and is kinda symbolic of how lost UM is.
I’m not touching UM again.
I’d rather waste $50 on a KZ than $3-$8000 on a UM that might get shadow deleted from the nets like Amber Pearl almost was.
That whole UM refresh is a great idea but they had to do something to spin the narrative away from being tone deaf.

Canpur …has me covered. :heart:

9 Likes

5 Likes

These are always an option.

3 Likes

I’ll keep the original “JP” version.

From an upcoming vid

8 Likes

From experiencing the stiff Mest MKii cable the rest look like they are that, but just dipped in a few extra layers of rubber to thicken them up.

3 Likes

I knew that you could…

2 Likes

always wanted to taste the JP version…heard the Mk1…I leaned towards the 2… though the 1 grabbed every note…nice amphitheatre…WTFWT…never heard that before

3 Likes

Just watched the vid Chris…bad timing on my part…but I was bored when I bought the Dos

2 Likes

Very nice chap - was in Cannes for Midem around a month ago.

2 Likes

Another lucky bastard :handshake:

2 Likes

I’ve got the galaxy 22 ultra and was thinking about upgrading to the 24 ultra. I recall hearing about changes to Bluetooth (or a similiar transmission protocol) that will be introduced in 2025 that will supposedly significantly improve wireless sound quality. Is the 24 Ultra already set up with this new technology? Im wondering if I should wait for the 25 Ultra or if the 24 Ultra will be fine for the next few years. What do you think?

1 Like
1 Like