Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

This is the same thing they said to me. 1-2 months and shipping both ways where the return is estimated at 50$ making it around 100$ in total.
They also agreed on doing this on 2,5 y.o. MEST OG, where I already started to see cracks on the QDC female socket plastic housing so that is quite cool on their side if you ask me.
But when I am thinking about sending it out for this much money I am on a verge of asking for custom version as this may be the best chance to try some cIEMs

7 Likes

Speaking of MESTs.
I was chilling today in one of a few calm moments of the day in one of the few sunny hours during polish winter month of February drinking coffee made of nice light roasted ethiopian beans.
I started the session with Unique Melodies in my ears and those are very cool, detailed and clean. But man, oh man - in such scenario of pure bliss those cannot hold the candle to Twilight as overall package from the perspective of taking pleasure from music listening. And it was those that ended up in my ears for the remainder of the session :notes:

11 Likes

All this UM talk has got me itching to look at the drivers inside.
I know every model in the Canpur and nothing about these sets…time to learn
45Sf-ezgif.com-resize

5 Likes

Im definitely all in on a used pair still just not giving em the money personally, I wasn’t so anal about this company stuff until I got sucker punched by the PR2 shenanigans

Mest MK2 is and FF MSE are both on my permanent wishlist lol

1 Like

Yeah I can at most maybe afford 700-800 max currently so I’m still locked from MSE,GMSE and Canpur stuff

I’ve seen some Mest MK2 reaching those so they’re probs what I can grab for now.

I will keep in mind what you said about the grand maestro if I ever get there. I’m a recent basshead convert but I still put high priority on clinical clarity and resolution. I’m basically asking for everything lol

For now I’m saving up and brewing to see what the next jump will be. Gotta annoy the 46audio closest to me for demos when I visit the city

1 Like

Listen man…don’t let us retards influence you into something TOTL that might be out of your comfort zone…since you have posted numerous times that you…

There is only one clear choice if you’re a BH…the mighty

6 Likes

All Bellsings :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah…apricot can shoot for the GOAT…drop out and never get to experience the hobby…

every person has a different price of admission…whether or not it cost 20 ducats or 1000 ducats…we all wind up on the same track…it’s just where you start in the race that’s different for us all…I just happen to have started further on down the road

Some people were lucky enough to have started their journey on the super budget side…and maybe I missed out on that aspect of the hobby…but… the expensive stuff is :pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

Oh yeah…did I mention…

equals

PLUS

…nuff said

8 Likes

Watching you go from a guy who was gonna kill to a fanboy is pretty nice :heart:

These kids are epic

Saw Billy in Hawaii at a Pizza joint…this is dope

YO!!! Jeezus rock the fuck on!!!

lets finish with a fucking classic

3 Likes

All is forgiven brother…FF has redeemed themselves

listened to Fair Warning at 2 in the am…zonked

oh baby…but needs double the gain compared to some of my tribrids…power whore

4 Likes

Less about broke and more like juggling 4 other hobbies lol

Scarlet mini you got it, is the vocals clear on it? I’m alright if they’re not the top of the line but I enjoy super detailed highs

So I wanna know what I’m gonna be waiting 3 months for after ordering lol

I’ve been in the hobby on and off uneducated lol, only recently did I actually start learning stuff

I ended up skipping the 200s and jumped for 300s on the used market. Been a pretty frickin crazy ride with all the deals

1 Like

Make sure you start Kai off real early…he might get a taste for it…you never know

my dad got me involved in numerous things when I was just a pup…good man…I owe him a lot and love him very dearly

2 Likes

Does that little girl try to imitate Mick Jagger or was Mick acting like a 7 year old girl…

3 Likes

The highs are brilliant…FF did a good job with cutting them into the bass…the mids come forward but you have to dip into the throttle to bring them out

Listened to a fair amount of '60s rock last couple of days…the Who…Beatles…Yardbirds…Doors…you get the idea…exceptional

Be forewarned…you have to throw some serious power at it…there is no just no way around it…almost double the gain from what the MMk3 requires

Fine addition to the team…

2 Likes

Well all I got is an go Blu and magnius but that sound terrific.

I’ll most likely cross out Maestro Mini, Meteor, Hype 4 and Neo 5 and focus on that then since FF is on my list of brands I’m definitely gonna own an IEM from lol

2 Likes

do you have a timeframe?..are you hell bent on getting something soon and you just can’t wait…are you patient…do you like bang for the buck…do you not care what it takes…do you like deals…do you have FOMO…do you have OCD…do you have ‘keepin up with the Jones’s’ as a doctrine …the list goes on and on

it’s smart to always come out of the blocks with more stride…save up and get something that’ll keep you occupied for a little longer…but you know that you are just starting a long and arduous journey that we have all decided to undertake…

welcome to the suck

2 Likes

Wow…that’s all I can say…

1 Like

Totally. My first semi serious iem was an Etylmotic from like 20 years ago… It was the worst thing i ever heard! Terrible terrible sound, with just one crappy resonant BA. The highs were so offensive, i was squinting on every snare hits, it had absolutely zero bass, nada, none lol. Then got some good headphones and only came back to iems a couple of years ago (actually thanks to hbb’s channel)

So yeah the journey is the most fun part. Up to 6-700 there are very good sets, i still love my Xenns Up for example, it’s not a state of the art sound, but it’s very very relaxed just with good bass, i still enjoy it somehow almost as much as more expensive sets.

Ps: I second that on power requirement for the Maestro, any one of them, they love juice, by far the most demanding ones i have, it’s like double the amount you need on the headamp dial.

1 Like

Bloom audio in southern Jersey are a great demo joint…and I do mean joint

1 Like