Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

That set was selling like crazy much to chagrin of KZ haters…absolutely flying out of factory never even landing on physical shelves.
A total redemption arc in progress
Then the most spectacular faceplant ever.
200 (4)
I can’t stand it, I know you planned it
I’mma set it straight, this Watergate
I can’t stand rockin’ when I’m in here
'Cause your crystal ball ain’t so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I got this fuckin’ thorn in my side
Oh my god, it’s a mirage
I’m tellin’ y’all, it’s sabotage

4 Likes

If Sony ever decides to get back in the game…it’s lights out for a lot of Chi

3 Likes

KORN and Slipknot covering Beastie Boys.

God Bless Youtube :heart:

Also FOH at 6-8 seconds…which is why when present…live shows sound amazing and is the reference for home and auto systems

7 Likes

Bro-in-law wound up with them

Well, tbf, probably not since I doubt Sony would look at the budget area, so that is one area chifi would be untouched.

2 Likes

342d63a02a30fc3071228f2af66ab36b-2

4 Likes

that is true…for the super budget…but a 150 set would sell very well

I’m sure Sony has run the #'s…they won’t commit until it makes sense

Not sure if you ever saw this but they do Whatcha Want over Fabulous’s “Breathe” with Method man RZA Rakim and goup bobbinheads…fucking classic

1 Like

I spotted one in a shop in Malaysia

Full on dope, Beastie’s one of my fav artists, it’s the rhymes, timing and the stratching that’s so fucking on point :ok_hand:

3 Likes

You are correct,I believe their cheapest “audiophile” grade lineup was at around 100 usd. (Like the XBA-A1.)

1 Like

Nice, thanks. What kind of eartip are you using?
I noticed that some CIEMs don’t have eartips, Is it normal?
How long did it take to get your CIEMs after you submitted the ear mold or scanned file?
Did you notice any changes in the sound, like the soundstage becoming narrower?

He’s goood :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I put it in my Youtube music playlist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the purpose of tips in UIEMs is for them to provide you with a seal. CIEMs are already designed so that just putting them in your ears will create a PERFECT seal just for your own ears.

1 Like

This dude got a MSE CIEM if you haven’t seen already

Goodbye Maestro SE… Hello…~

2 Likes

For the uni i ve used either the FF tips that i find very good because they are large+ long and usually i need the largest tips i can find. Or some spinfit, i don’t remember the reference, they are clear and blue.

Normally you shouldn’t need tips with a custom but you can still try, if you don’t like the feel of it with no tips (was my case at the beginning). The nozzle will be larger on custom, so chances are no tips will fit anyway.

If anything i find the customs have better consistency in sound ,i think due to the fact it’s pointing more straight forward in your ear canal, as on universal you never exactly put them the same angle regardless of seal, that can shift sound a tiny bit. Overall it’s really more about comfort, you just tuck them in more easily and you get much less soar after long listening.

Took about a month for the customs. May vary on their workload at the time (gotta make those Scarletts!!)

For the love of BASS…couldn’t keep away from imax…not for this epic soundtrack…on a (total) 20,000 watt system it was meant to be played on. Sure, I can get more details and my own EQ out of my earphones but this is real quantity…and I’ll take that any day over ‘texture’.

15/70mm film showing (Only 6 out of the total 12 channels available on film but still powerful)
Took a few crude measurements off my phone…peaked: 101db (Avg around 85-90db in a busy scene), Freq: Low 20’s Hz. Think this one can hit a bit deeper than the flagship dolby cinema across the road.

But realising, don’t think numbers mean much…it’s more about ‘shake energy’ + air movement, overall atmosphere - and there’s ‘just about’ :smirk: :open_mouth: enough tho I don’t have many reference points.

That’s the thing about bass…

More bass? + more vibrational energy…I can’t separate them…hmm when it comes to these small ear thingies…I got to try (somehow, somewhere) this BC tech stuff that seems to be ready to take off soon :thinking:

4 Likes

that whole soundtrack thumps, love using it to instantly check out bass on a new set

1 Like

Hades is in for a fight, Plutus Beast absolutely shakes my brain with crazy amount of thump and rumble lol

1 Like