Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

They’re smart…they just satiated you…approached you from the side

Put their arm on your shoulder…what’s up buddy

They’re like la cosa nostra…they come as your friend

You got the set only after you punched them in the throat…

They don’t want to make a enemy of yourself

1 Like

If you have no enemies, find a way to make them

3 Likes

Hades has landed in-da house…came quicker than I thought. Box and ‘coin’ a little banged up, but otherwise all good.

That mountain is divisive in yt comments so I wanted to give my live impressions straight away for everyone…I’ll start by listening to my favourite all time album ‘Chesky Records Guide to critical listening - the ultimate demonstration disc’.

Let’s see…Ahh yes, Rebecca Pidgeon, Spanish Harlem. I’ve heard this 5467 times so I know exactly what to look out for in the timbre (tam-bur, please pronounce correctly) of her voice. Here we go…play

Oh yes…so warm and lush…her voice is about to start…the tatatata-brrrrr…sorry, oh I like the next part…the tatata…I don’t quite feel myself…something is happening…the tam-brbrbrbrbr

Original Nuttaaaahhhhhhhhh…big up Jungle Massiiiivvv

Gosh…where am I…sorry about that…where was I…the tatammm-brrrrrr…GTFOH MWAHAHAHA

Did you hear about why the Jazz audiophile walked across the road?

I apologise…I’m distraught at my behaviour…I bring shame to my fellow ‘audiophiles’. I won’t be able to complete my impressions today…I’m off to the hospital, something strange has come over me…

J/k aside…I made peace with the mountain before purchase, I looked straight on the right of the FR and thought oh…boom boom but enough mid presence that I didn’t get on headphones I bought in the past with that kind of mountain. I went right to left. I’m in. Like the QKZxHBB, driver sounds pretty ‘clean’. Aiiiite lets go track hunting… @hawaiibadboy any suggestions?

7 Likes

movin a longgrarar

you took that in the wrong way…Tanchjim said we had you in mind but reality had not even shipped it out yet…proactive on their part…I don’t fuckin think so

especially the ones who say…oh I had you in mind…you’re always on my mind…fuck you pal

1 Like

@prashv :pray:

Try that E40 track…I’ll add more

5 Likes

My tubes get numb with this track on the Scarlet…literally after 15 minutes

…since you’ve experienced both…does the Canpur really hit harder…I can’t fathom that

there is no possible way…Scarlets remind me of those days long gone of vibrating quarter panels

4 Likes

@prashv

Try it…

4 Likes

I almost made another one…welcome to the club…they’re drawin straws to see who gets the first shot

1 Like

Just auditioned that track on the FF…who needs a cup of coffee in the morning

a cup of Scarlet…hold the milk and sugar…BLACK

3 Likes

I couldn’t have timed my post so poorly haha. I’m gonna skooch past the ‘behind the curtain’ stuff other than to say…

Respect to QKZ as well for willing to take a punt on a wild tuning, being open minded, and getting the basics right (so far), where other budget (and non-budget) brands face-planted with own goals. They are moving the needle as well but differently to Simgot imo. Finding opportunities in a sea of the same.

Cheers for all those recs bro. I’m off to a good start. SLAAAAAMIN’. Most are completely fresh to me. Actually crazy how this set just comes into perfect alignment on the right tracks. It all makes sense now. Folks talk about music library like it got fixed 20 years ago. This set will help me to expand mine beyond dnb…and I can finally escape f***ing EQ for a while as I do.

I probably sound like a total shill at this point, but glad I got this, I’m going to be listening to new music cos I got a reason to, shake me out of the usuals but I went in with that mindset before purchase. Ugh enough talk…more listening…Vaaatooooo…lezz gooo :raised_hands:

5 Likes

about 12 years ago, this track was used in all cars with loud subwoofers in Russia and became a classic for Car audio

4 Likes

You just can’t imagine how many bassheads there are in Russia, including me)

3 Likes

bruh Dita just opened preorders for Project M, my money about to start flying away from my wallet

my hades doesn’t arrive till next Saturday, I’m gonna go balder than I already am holding out on being impatient

No biggie :smile:

What did I say about posts being constantly misconstrued on the wire

If we were in the same room…we’d be laughing

4 Likes

I really enjoy my PR2, and just when I said I wouldn’t buy another KZ, they released that Castor black, which is absolutely fire for $15.

I do find it weird how often I think that many of them don’t even like music.

First and foremost I am a rock fan, and that means electric guitar and bass had better be present and sound like those instruments, and the drums need to not sound wrong. So many of the standard audiophile bright sets make the bass disappear, and the guitars and cymbals sound wrong.

My Hades is a couple states away and I am looking forward to some E40 and Geto Boys on them. I saw Dan took a second look at the hades with some Hip Hop music, and he gets it now. Good on him for taking the time.

Speaking of new gear the Doscinco I ordered is finally shipping. I ordered those on the 10th, and they were shipped on 2-27 ( dateline magic at work ).

7 Likes

Glad you got HADES…go HIP HOP brother…wanna see a trippy thing…

4 Likes

Is that the connector tip from the cable poking through?