Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

That is a pre release AFUL Performer 5 which i helped tune…and forgot cuz it was 2 years ago.
No logo or writing on shells.
Was sent 3 versions.
Linsoul annoyingly reminded me of it…which I doubted…then found that dusty box.
Hifigo signed xclusive contract after that.
So to all the folks who loved it…th…th…thankx :laughing:

9 Likes

I mean…

It does explain a lot.

9 Likes

I was bitching like a little girl when 200 demo sets were sent out to folks who don’t have a channel a website or a blog…just facebook folks cuz me and Hifigo…and the whole time i had the set…and Linsoul told me at that time I already had one…and I thought they were being sarcastic or just trolling me for reasons I couldn’t get…and they were in a box downstairs for months before it was even announced.
Such a crazy hobby

I do recall the brand name and thinking wtf…but it worked out fine apparently

7 Likes

i’m sorry, but that’s fucking hilarious.

5 Likes

I like how Calm HBB is about, it’s badass and a great story.

1 Like

It’s so crazy i gotta laugh

ME:
So everyone and their brothers mother has a set and I gotta play secret shopper??
Folks in CHINA:
He has like 4 sets…is he nutz?
waiting-taking-so-long
the-flash-thats-my-bad

12 Likes

I agree with Dan…it’s a vibe. Was skipping through tracks to see what works because of the 250-500hz region. Childish Gambino left me in some doubt…then got to 2pac (never took time to listen) and I was goooone for the rest of the evening, no skips. Old habits, die hard…tried messing with EQ at first to make it more generalist - I soon realised I’m missing the point.

On music like this at least…the bass is not overpowering the lyrics. That would be…disrespectful. And wouldn’t make sense. They are coupled literally and intentionally, working in service - ebbs and flows as the track unfolds…soon you’re lost in the vibe, you’re IN the mix. Trying to separate that all out…it’s like picking the toppings off a pizza and eating them on the side. Don’t do that, just enjoy pizza. That’s a surprising discovery.

Things that happened today:
Guy discovered 2pac (2late) and appreciating it on the new sound system. Stopped worrying about graphs.
90s hip hop was a special vibe and hades feels like an homage to an era so far.
But just getting started. Hmm ice cube next up in the queue. Definitely leaving it stock from now on and got a new yt playlist going…music for hades.
Dang…gone at 25? Epitomises “gone too soon”. RIP.

5 Likes

Glad you like it for what it was intended for.

And on a related note:
Fuck graphs
They tell you jack shit beyond tonalty and even then.

1 is 10x times the other
You’d never guess which was the pricey one by tuning
(Total coin flip)
You’d pick the one w/ more bass to get more bass
(and you will have failed)

Enjoy HADES
giphy - 2024-02-27T202649.333
MmvOSp

5 Likes

That looking really nice. Still need to change the name AFUL to AFUKU

Looks like enough mid bass to make me happy .

4 Likes

Wasn’t for me. Or I should say not enough emphasis with that sub-bass

1 Like

bert-how-dare-you

Yeah, I put in a box and forgot I had it for like 2 years almost…still…how dare you!!

1 Like

20 Likes

Love the set up, the DX9 looks mega :fist:

Kai, as always, looking absolutely adorable, as well. I’m happy to see the big man feeling good.

5 Likes

That setup is siiiiick, meanwhile I got an unopened can of pineapple juice next to my schiit stack, two watter bottles, 3 stuff toys, a sweet tea from mcdonalds and eartips strewn about everywhere my desk lol

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy I can no longer find Nightjar Singularity in your rankings list. What’s going on?

User error.
Ima raffle off to my Patrons and copied the info but deleted?
When I’m on a PC in morning I can just use the magic “undo” “go bacK” arrow on Google sheets :ok_hand:.
It’ll be where it was. Thanks for pointing it out

5 Likes

Talking of bass the Tansoi Mira X is absolutely flooring with it bass really enjoyable iem

5 Likes

almost picked those up but I went Project M, you think they’ll end up putting it on sale again?

1 Like

Still 399 on Penon website.

1 Like

On full hibernation right now since I’m saving up.
Last purchase above 100 will be quintet maybe a month or so from now

Hopefully they go on sale again

Edit: quintet plan cancelled just because no reason, hopefully that mindset ends up sticking and working for me

1 Like