Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Designing faceplates already?

1 Like

Amazon about to slap me for cancelling Hades that was set to arrive on March 3

And reordering it from prime so it arrives this Thursday instead, god help my soul lol

3 Likes

What? Are you saying Timsok has no bass irl?

4 Likes

I’m saying that graph is over my target and has more bass than Elysian X but it doesn’t sound like that.
Tonights video will talk about it among others.
G10 sounds more bassy on Bonham kick drum and Dazed and Confused bass intro
The graph implies the opposite

5 Likes

Amazon…Hades (HELL)…God…buncha stuff about to collide and swallow the universe

200w (17)

4 Likes

Im making it a mission to hear the Hades before the weekend hits

I’m about to start drawing a pentagram made from spare íem cables laying around maybe decorate it with some eartips

Finding an IEM to sacrifice right now, Chu is on the chopping block

1 Like

I listened to Joy Division today. The song Passover needs proper bass to sound good.

5 Likes

That’s bass:

T-rex would be more terrifying in real-life with this sound.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I learned not to hug graphs after my experience between Zero Blues vs Reds, Red should have been better than Blue especially with the adapter but man it wasn’t even close, I dunno why but Red wasn’t as good on all fronts for me

I lost my Blues a year ago so my memory is fuzzy but I still remember that thing being better than Red, I should buy it again soon and see if I’m wrong

2 Likes

One thing I think people are missing from graphs is that it’s supposed to be representative of the perfect insertion. But in our ears different IEMs can have different insertion depths and stuff so even though one IEM might slam and work really well for my ears it might not for someone else’s. Just my thoughts :person_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I have always been team Blue. Sounds like a Subwoofer Red sounds lik a Single DD and res is lost with an adapter.

To my ears the TE Nova has no slam… the graph implies it’s nearly the TE Blue
adjusted to 77dB w/450Hz tone (anchor the flat mids)
Not even close.
My ear canals and I’ve never read a rec of Nova for basshead.
Seen plenty for TE Blue

4 Likes

Bassheads be like:

5 Likes

ric-flair

Me watching folks Love the shit outta HADES or Haye the thing to it’s soul

“Basshead to me isn’t about quantity it’s about quality”

giphy (57)

Aaaah ha ha ha ha ha
You don’t get to Hijack Basshead like “Audiophile” was for years.
TFOH
Aaaaaaaa ha ha ha

8 Likes

Thanks for likening the blue to sub and red to single dd, I’ve never been able to put into words what I felt the blue was like. Adding the adapter for me made it worse and it felt like the bass was too much and muddled details.

All I remember about blue was it rumbled like my Variations but slammed nice like my UP. I’ll pick one up soon and see if I still love it

I didn’t even bother going for Nova since I saw people calling it budget Variations. So it would just be redundant for me

2 Likes

Quality is good.
Quantity is better.
Quality PLUS quantity is the best, but you have to pay megabucks for that.

2 Likes

I got a bunch of stuff today, and just wanted to drop a thanks to @hawaiibadboy for Hades, it is exactly what I was hoping for. It is a blast.

Then I have to apologize, because I got the ZiiGaat Doscinco on the same day, and might not listen to the Hades much more in the next week. I know you are more of a Cinocotres fan, but either way ZiiGaat is dialed in. I also enjoy their Cinno ( low pinna army! ).

8 Likes

Can’t help but think it feels slightly sweeter after that early review slamming Hades…I know it does for me, Congrats!

2 Likes

One of your best videos ever, great intel. The reality that the graph only shows so much, says we need better tools, so folks can make better decisions, and hack companies won’t be selling shit based on a pic.
I’ll admit to "shopping “graphs”. Sometimes, I get exactly what the graph was telling me …Most recently would be Artti R1…spot on for me…I mean 100 percent. However, back up about 18 months- Xenns Up…mids were gone for me from what I thought, so about 60 percent.

6 Likes