Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

That’s a lot of life in a nutshell, though. You can learn the investment game by osmosis or taking chances, but the key is that if you don’t know what you’re doing already, you should take advice from people who are in a place that you WANT TO BE. My old man grew up blue collar and asked a lot of the right people the right questions to get where he wanted to be. One of the things about people who are well off is that they also want friends and will divulge a lot of great info for the price of a beer or two if you can get your foot in the door and have a modicum of interpersonal skills.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how true friends will bend over backwards to help you when you reach them on that core level…true heart to heart

But you must surround yourself with the right friends

Looking back at my youth…I would not be friends with most of the people I hung around with

If there was a cracker on the floor and a friend picked it up and offered you half…that’s a true friend…if they grab it and run away…they never were

2 Likes

This is also one of the immutable truths of life: “You will have many acquaintences and few friends, and while friends will stand by you through thick and thin, they may not be there forever.” You can never take the real ones for granted, and only time will tell you which ones are which. I have been very fortunate to be able to discern whom is whom pretty well and surround myself with people that really care. I think a big part of that is that I have always been a very open and easy-going person, so while I may butt heads every now and then, I get along with more people than not.

5 Likes

Amen brother…another wise man on the boards

1 Like

Doesn’t look like they’re saying which ones specifically , this is what they answered when someone asked what brand of drivers were in them:

“Fathom uses a blend of both Sonion and Knowles BAs”

Later they provided this additional detail:

“ Fathom also uses two custom Knowles single diaphragm BAs for the highs, with two Sonion mids, and two custom dual-diaphragm Knowles BAs for the low-end.”

1 Like

A Gangster set of bass monsters the Tansoi Mira X
With a bling bling new Xhinns cable

13 Likes

One that’s been on my radar since its release. I’m
Hoping there’s a pair in NY this weekend to test out!

Yours is looking sick

2 Likes

Thanks for clarification :+1:

1 Like

Need some Bassy TWS recs
Gonna finally get into it…the hobby has moved

4 Likes

soon :soon:

8 Likes

Lets go…
I’m reminded that that guy really really really did take off with my money :smiling_face_with_tear:

That looks dope!

2 Likes

He’s not a good person.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was just coming to my final reality. Few folks lost money …

Now when are you thinking of selling a set and do you have a final driver config?

2 Likes

Configuration:
1DD 13 mm bone conduction
1DD 1d 11mm bass
1 ba Knowles ED-29689 medium frequencies
1 ba Knowles RAD-33518-P183 high frequency

On March 15-16, all components will be delivered to me, and I will begin assembly and configuration.

I plan to set it up similar to Scarlett

The previous 14mm driver was excellent in quality, but I could not set it up correctly, it was too smooth in frequency response.

The 13mm driver and 11mm driver are already factory configured for deep sub bass, well, I also plan to configure it deeper.

As for making own Kanpur…

I have already designed a 3d housing model for these drivers, without EST yet. It is too expensive to use EST drivers for my pocket, but there is a place for them in advance)

I used 3d models of the BA from the official Sonion website to fit them perfectly into the case.

It will probably be interesting)

P.S
For myself, I understood how capacitors and resistors work for tuning and do not need to make a thin case, otherwise there will be problems))

10 Likes

As for the sale, until I make a normal product, it is unfortunately difficult to talk about the sale and price.

The first thing I will do is I will send them to you for review :wink:

6 Likes

If you send it, and can replicate it and I like it. I will buy at full price and hype it…that’s what I do for stuff I like.
I like new folks with freedom and open minds to get in the hobby and freshen it up so when you are ready…I’ll be waiting.
Hip Hop /R& B and Rock mostly classic rock…that’s my library :notes:

9 Likes

LOL at the kick on her acoustic…

2 Likes

Has he still not responded to you…???
I think his profile shows he was active on HFGF last week…

WTF… that’s either quite some balls or a complete lack of them

3 Likes

He ghosted me and is still active. He looted abbbbout $6,000 or more …hope it was worth it.

1 Like

$6,000… omg.

1 Like