Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Funny. But we need to see more graphs of it… and I read “pre-production”.

I just picked up The Scarlett mini, it’s pretty awesome. Obviously, the bass is nuts but the rest of it sounds great too. Good sound stage, smooth vocals, extended treble. I like it way better than the Maestro mini.

Not a fan of that upgrade red cable for the price though, and the fitment is tricky for me. I’ve been tip rolling but it seems I need to angle the earpiece forward a lot and it sounds even better. But I can’t really sit here and press the IEM’s against my head to get the best sound. Still, it sounds great in the position it natural rests in.

Any suggestions for best tips?

1 Like

You think it’s better to just go for Scarlett straight up instead of also trying maestro mini?

I might try to see if I can grab this guy’s maestro mini for 300 at most

I found the vocals on the Maestro Mini to be shouty and I couldn’t turn it up too loud because of that. So I couldn’t enjoy the bass up loud the way I wanted it.

The Scarlett’s are a huge improvement. But if you EQ then you can copy the Scarlett’s squig or the Maestro SE squig and tame the Maestro. At least that helped me a lot but I still ended up moving on from them once the Scarlett’s came out.

4 Likes

Was this the Maestro Mini v2 or the original one (no vent or mesh grill)? I’ve been debating the Maestro Mini for the longest time but it’s a lot of money to pull unheard.

Mine had the mesh grill, so I guess it was a v2. Maestro Mini has awesome bass, but I just had to EQ to get the rest where I wanted it.

If you want a basshead IEM then the Maestro Mini slams hard. Like the Scarlett, it’s really subbass focused.

1 Like

Got it. I’ve been on the look out for a Legato step up with good bass but with better mids/highs. It felt like the Maestro Mini was a good route to go but definitely been intrigued by the Scarlet Reds. Just not sure about that additional increase up.

I agree with you. I sold mine as well for same reason. Very much enjoyed the bass but pesky up top

4 Likes

I’m kinda of jealous some folks are vibing with the Scarlet minis, I tried them at CanJam and I felt that it was too far over the top for my library. The Maestro Minis are not perfect by no means, but god DAMN is the Scarlet just a little too much

6 Likes

11 Likes

Dope faceplates! Congrats, that is an epic set.

2 Likes

That’s I think where I’m at. Most of my music is rock, some EDM, some minor hip hop so I feel like Maestro Mini would give me a lot of what I want. But I’d have to be mindful of mids or something.

3 Likes

I don’t listen to much hip hop anymore, but lots of my music (indie rock/Alternative Rock) has thumping mid bass and plenty of Sub bass rumble produced into the tracks so bass is most definitely still super important to me. I find the mids of the Maestro Minis still fairly accurate honestly, it’s a crazy thing they did with that set. Stupidly warm and thick low end, without really the sacrifice you come to expect in the mids and treble. I never found the Maestro Mini harsh until I put it on my desktop stack, that’s when I was like “oooo, that’s a bit peaky”

5 Likes

Gotcha, I’ll make an offer for this guy’s maestro maxing out at 300 if even but I’m gonna try 200 first lol

Either way I know not to fiend for it and go for the Scarlet first

I’d want to hear both but there’s no place to demo near me

2 Likes

Sounds like it may be the ideal combo for me. Same music tastes, indie rock/alternative rock/rock in general. All about the Black Keys, etc.

1 Like

Congrats!!
EPIC set! :notes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Good luck! If you find another Maestro Mini for $300, hook a brother up :joy:

1 Like

I’ll let ya know how this goes, if he doesn’t report me for being a cheapskate lol

2 Likes

@Ohmboy

This site has been buggy recently…just a heads up :+1:

3 Likes

10 Likes