Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

:handshake: *********

1 Like

I might have to try maestro first to see if my head can even handle the thump, alternatively I could just go for scarlet anyways and cross my fingers my brain don’t explode

1 Like

On the Scarlet…Jimi’s lead does not hide on this track…this monitor really does play a lot of my lib…rock included

2 Likes

Just a heads up after 3 surgeries in 4 days fentonyl, morphine and bass head iems make for some interesting auditory anomalies mr Hendrix and his purple haze woah

17 Likes

I don’t think I can notice the difference in the bass and slam between the Scarlett and Maestro mini. I don’t level match, I just crank them up and enjoy, and they both slam hard and loud. I don’t have the MM on hand to A/B but just off memory they’re really really close in the bass.

The big difference for me is once you get up to the upper mids and they toned down the Scarlett and made it perfect for me.

The bass isn’t that overbearing, since it’s subbass focused, once you play something that has deep subbass wow its amazing.

Play Drake - In My feelings. WOW the subbass is insane.

Edit: I take that back…I think the Scarlett’s do slam more than the MM’s!!

5 Likes

Sounds like Scarlet all the way for me, no point in trying for Maestro Mini and I’m sure the wait from saving money will help, hopefully, with the waiting time when I do buy it lol

subbass is so sweet to hear/feel, I love my Vari because of that

5 Likes

Random question here:

Does anyone know much about hearing damage in relation to different frequencies? I just watched Jay’s (excellent) Hades/Scarlet review and he mentioned that the Hades only sounds good at very high volumes. It got me wondering, would that be a health risk or is it more high frequencies that do the damage?

Also gonna link the video in question here by @VIVIDICI_111 in case anyone missed it: ULTIMATE BASSHEAD GUIDE (SCARLET MINI & HADES REVIEW)
:angry: Can’t get the damn video to embed, whatever.

3 Likes

Any frequency, plays a role here. If ringing in the ears remains after listening, you need to think about the volume, this volume harms and impairs hearing.

2 Likes

Well, if I understand correctly, ringing ears is caused by the higher-frequency receptors in the ears being bent out of shape and incorrectly sending signal to the brain. So do low frequencies also bent those receptors? I kinda assumed that they only responded to high frequencies, but I guess any large wave would do it.

Explosions are mostly low frequencies, I guess, and they obviously do a lot of damage.

1 Like

In general, IEMs are very harmful to the ears.

3 Likes

We had a subwoofer room when I worked at a Car audio and alarm install shop.

130dB with maybe 16 sub woofers from 10 inch to 18 inch.
We could and customers did, stand through full IASCA tracks

We tried doing that w/ the room that hadd Head units and mostly mid and tweeter seperates
Turn about 20 pairs onto a sweep and by the time you climb over 2Khz you cover your ears like a auto safety system.
It was unbearable and repulsive to the brain.

It did that to everyone…every single person

Loud noise is bad for ears but higher freq’;s are deeply deeply panic inducing and it is immediate

7 Likes

WTF!?

https://audiolinked.com.tw/products/fewfever-小白菊-碳治菊-碳纖維-耳道式耳機

4 Likes

Yet sometimes, you just gotta crank it! Catch 22.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re feeling better :+1:

fentanyl and anything :+1:

• Disclaimer…ladies and gentlemen…boys and girls…I do not condone abuse of any kind
2 Likes

This would look good on my counter…

But does it hiss with sensitive iems…not that I have any very sensitive sets

3 Likes

I’m playing with it now.
It’s got all kinds of stuff up it’s sleeve
aaaaall kinds of stuff

2 Likes

Under strict medical conditions obvs. Today just plain old UK pain killers so back to usual audiophile ears :sweat_smile::rofl::joy::innocent:

4 Likes

Where’s my Wednesday fix…I mean my HBB fix

1 Like

Oh…there it is

1 Like

I love Crin…that is one funny mofo…still my favorite vid as of late bro…

and for all the non-collaborators…

Of course I’m just joking :wink:

2 Likes