Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Ya the Legatos aren’t really a subwoofer kinda set, but I’m glad you’re at least enjoying them :+1:

With bigger patches there’s going to be more qc issues for sure

1 Like

Wonder if there’s a way Squiglink could enable a way to layer multiple measurements of the same IEM so that the community can effectively crowdsource a composite “real” curve accounting for QC variations….

Would make it much easier to trust graphs.

7 Likes

I think that the genre of music is at play here. With a rock library there is not a need for a lot of sub-bass. Compared to a library with electronic music genre.

3 Likes

Yup, for hiphop, edm, pop, any drops you can really hear the difference

Slower stuff with less sub-bass, not so much

But the thing is if you’re advertising it as a “subwoofer” then it better work as one - except it’s half-baked, which is unfortunate

1 Like

If you mean multiple measurements from multiple people/setups, that is not really ideal as setup variations will be a factor. (along with the fact that not everyone graphs with the same tips.)

2 Likes

Not ideal, I agree with. However is the difference in setups greater than the variance of measurements for a single IEM?

1 Like

Yeah, that was odd
That musta looked like a good idea for a thumbnail

:thinking:

1 Like

The answer is, it depends. If 2 people are using the same sources for measuring and same tips for iem and also try to align to 8k coupler peak, the variance should be minimal on that front. If not, then well…

1 Like

In that case this could absolutely be positive if we matched similar setups. QC variance will make one IEM look like an entirely different one.

That is how we actually should be using graphs as currently the available data is extremely poor and shouldn’t really be used with confidence imo.

1 Like

icegif-139

Deeply regretting my Canpur cp622b CIEM order
Was told Wednesday was the day
Wednesday comes no mail/tracking update
Thursday comes no reply to mail asking for update
Friday is here and no replies to last 2 emails.

I spent $4000 fucking dollars to get ignored and watch other folks not keep a schedule they set by themselves
9ZFn

4 Likes

did you end up trying the bass measure tool on Shanling AE3? Does it slam in the same ballpark? :thinking:

1 Like

I was gonna buy scarlet or maestro too then I realized for those crazy basshead sets. I need to hear em first to make sure they don’t give me a headache lol

1 Like

These a-hole companies never keep their delivery promises…

3 Likes

Project M blowing my mind, maybe I just hear better now but at 4:13 onwards of Zeppelin’s Rain Song, there’s this metal squeaking I’ve only noticed on this set.

Sounds like a door that needs wd40 lol, it’s cool I can hear something I haven’t before but it’s driving me crazy

4 Likes

UPDATE:
Just called and talked w/ Joseph Mao and it is built outside Singapore and is on it’s way to be hand checked in Singapore then sent out.
It might actually be built in Europe??
I dunno?
But I got a real person on the phone and appreciate that

(Sometimes folks don’t even pick up the phone)

5 Likes

I’m even more excited now! When I pick up my Project M next weekend, the first band I plan to listen to is Zeppelin. Ever since I had an amazing experience listening to it the Andromeda 2020, No Quarter has become a stable of my testing tracks. The layering and positioning of instruments on the Andromeda gave me goosebumps!!

I’m listing to it now on the Helios, through an iFi Gryphon with X-Bass and X-Space on. Damn good :grin:

6 Likes

With you on that, really want to demo before picking it up.

1 Like

ouch-ezgif.com-resize

@VIVIDICI_111
That dude in your comment smokes freebase Cocaine

4 Likes

This info is from an old version of their website. Found from a discovery thread post

Canpur web archive

2 Likes

Dude prob forgot chifi qc exists lol

The variability in production is unfortunate :frowning:

2 Likes