Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

My wife would definitely be down with that…finally gets to hug your son…just make sure Kai is accounted for before we leave

1 Like

He got his feet under him pretty good now :heart: :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Started my bud rabbit hole dive with Jim’s TGXear when I got Serratus and Sunniva…since got Riku’s AR3 and S3, the S3 and Serratus are my go to’s, the S3 being my fav and yes i’m gonna use this term…it’s a lovely listen, all day with pretty much all my library…perfect no but just makes me :grinning: all the time when I listen so that’s a big :+1: for me.
PS I’ve not heard his GAS3 though, I think @GooberBM has that set too so maybe he can help :man_shrugging: but from me a Riku bud is well worth the :moneybag:

5 Likes

He’s really truckin now…wow

If you saw a pic of me at his age…we look very similar…and I don’t have Asian in my blood…well at least not several generations back…but who knows…six degrees of separation

I swear I never was in Japan so it’s just a coincidence that me and your son look alike at that age :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

I’m excited for the new collab, haven’t owned a Tangzu in a bit and that one looks up my alley design wise

I was saving up for Dusk but I’m thinking I just go for Elysian’s Pilgrim, or the Noir one

we really went from a slow week or two into so many cool things at once

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku What do you think of them?

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005006791924189.html?af=2136&cn=2urusbmn420hten3wi3cof33kw57lcfj&cv=0&cv_source=default&dp=2urusbmn420hten3wi3cof33kw57lcfj&sub=1&utm_campaign=2136&utm_content=0&utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=aerkol&aff_fcid=a0d2e3023e8c4879a3b805e824bd81e4-1712585090882-00313-_DFPMjNJ&aff_fsk=_DFPMjNJ&aff_platform=api-new-link-generate&sk=_DFPMjNJ&aff_trace_key=a0d2e3023e8c4879a3b805e824bd81e4-1712585090882-00313-_DFPMjNJ&terminal_id=e3b5c5d716eb41c99604d1706cc8e884&sku_id=12000038319991531

Looks like its a bud meant to be used without foams on. Bass is likely gonna be quite lacking. Fit should be familiar to iem users though so maybe more similar to those “hybrid” iems/buds like the earpods style overall.

1 Like

Preorders went live today for the new collab. Blind bought mine today. Excited for it.

Thanks for the honest impressions of the Aurora, don’t think it’s my cup of tea but it looks amazing.

5 Likes

Tangzu NV? Same!

Just received my P1 Max :smiley:
Sounds confused, whispy and wimpy when driven from a dongle but transforms completely when given some juice from stationary amplification.

4 Likes

yo guys im hella buying this,
I mean look at em lol

7 Likes

Yeah, the shell, the graph, Tangzu usually does solid products are all a win. HBB’s name on it is always a plus. Early impressions that I read from Singapore are very positive.

5 Likes

It’s certainly a looker. Tuning looks nice too, very similar to the Hexa:

6 Likes

Definitely will pick it up on prime when it’s there

2 Likes

I wonder what the crossover frequency is on the Xuan Nv. Probably like around 250-300Hz?

Only confusion for me (from some of the impressions) was the bassy part but could have been just a really good seal?

Tuning is close to the Zero Red as well so if the shell/size/fit are better (and how pretty they are is any indication, cause damn), this could be a great set and an easy rec if they can push spending just a bit.

3 Likes

CanJam SoCal FTW!

2 Likes

By far the chillest. I think NYC is a bit of a cluster because it looks like narrow AF hallways but SoCal being wide open helps you feel way less claustrophobic.

I’m planning on going this year again (last year was my first).

2 Likes

Another pic from Linsoul

9 Likes

@hawaiibadboy Yo, have you come across this? saw it while doing some research, don’t see it mentioned here - I know you were a big Calyx M fan so thought you might be interested if you haven’t already seen it. A few quirks of its own but supposed to be the same or better sound as the ‘M’ but in dongle form.

fyi links
Bread-fi review
Another review - needs translation

1 Like

No, have not tried that yet.

Symphonium Audio TITAN Frequency response graph

26 Likes